• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to reply with Crabrawler, but then I remembered it's part Fighting. Not certain why I thought a crab would be an insect, but hey, it's late and I'm tired...

Edit:

Posting on an obscure Pokemon forum and studying everything about Pokemon isn't something a regular fan would do. You're hardcore XD.
Ugh...crabrawler...I really disliked that pokemon. He freaked me out.

XD I guess, but I kinda do it with everything I like. People are just kinda used to it. It’s regular me.

I was about to reply with Crabrawler, but then I remembered it's part Fighting. Not certain why I thought a crab would be an insect, but hey, it's late and I'm tired...

Well, crustaceans and arachnids are related. And spiders and scorpions are bug types. So it's understandable.

Also instead of a butterfly, I'd like if they'd go with another type of bug. Maybe another type of mantis or dragonfly or a type of bug that hasn't been used. Maybe a stick bug that becomes a candy cane. Or an ice mosquito with a split evolution with the female is sustained by the snow accumulated on the Vanillite line and the male has snowflakes on his head and nose (this would make up for Buzzswole). I'm just throwing out ideas now.

Well, crustaceans and arachnids are related. And spiders and scorpions are bug types. So it's understandable.

Also instead of a butterfly, I'd like if they'd go with another type of bug. Maybe another type of mantis or dragonfly or a type of bug that hasn't been used. Maybe a stick bug that becomes a candy cane. Or an ice mosquito with a split evolution with the female is sustained by the snow accumulated on the Vanillite line and the male has snowflakes on his head and nose (this would make up for Buzzswole). I'm just throwing out ideas now.
What about a damselfly? They are pretty and electric blue. It would totally work for an ice type. Or even a poodle moth. Not sure if that is actually a real thing, but it looks like it’s wrapped in a white fluffy coat XD of course that is back to butterfly like bug again

No it doesn’t. Making them the same type in this case where the pokemon looks almost exactly the same makes it the exact same. It is a form change. Doesn’t matter if you change the attacks they look the same. You could not change the story. Except maybe to explain that form.

Um, no actually it is not. X outsold Y by a lot. So it’s proven. In my little store alone X outsold Y by over 200 copies and they only sold 260 off the bat. X sold several thousand more copies than Y. Reviews talked about how unbalanced they were. So no. It’s proven that Y got the super short end. Even the megas are unbalanced.

First of all. I think Zacian is going to be way better than Zamazenta in standing, but LOOK at them. It is a freaking form change if you make the type the same. It would literally be deoxys. Also, I explained how they look at it. Yes, regular players do look at type. Because they always have a type they prefer. It is based off both. Appearance first, finalized by type.
Most people don't have that strong of a type preference. And even if they did, making the wolves the same type would only put them on equal ground- again- so that the only difference would be looks. Giving them the same type makes them equal, which makes their place in the games equal.

And looking similar does not make it a form change. Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit look alike and have the same exact type but they're definitely not form changes.

Tbh Weezing does have the look of a leprechaun with the hat, beard and smoke pipe, the leprechaun is a literal fairy being, so Weezing makes sense ontop of its new combined dex lore of purification, another fairy attribute.

Pretty sure the design is to look like Isambard Kingdom Brunel - one of the most significant engineers of the British Industrial Revolution. The hat is a Stove Pipe hat rather than a shorter top hat and is missing the typical buckling/colours of a leprechaun hat, the green smokey facial hair could be there for the colour connection but leprechauns are typically shown with red hair so again seems off.

It's entirely possible that leprechauns were part of the inspiration but as a native Brit the second Galaran Weezing was revealed I made the Brunel association.

Since that looks like a zoom out of a stadium, we might be going back to full intros.

I'm all for it if we're going back to full intros again. I'm probably the only one, but I missed them. Booting up the game for the first time, watching the intro, getting hyped. The short intros didn't have the same effect. I was disappointed when I booted up X for the first time.

Pretty sure the design is to look like Isambard Kingdom Brunel - one of the most significant engineers of the British Industrial Revolution. The hat is a Stove Pipe hat rather than a shorter top hat and is missing the typical buckling/colours of a leprechaun hat, the green smokey facial hair could be there for the colour connection but leprechauns are typically shown with red hair so again seems off.

It's entirely possible that leprechauns were part of the inspiration but as a native Brit the second Galaran Weezing was revealed I made the Brunel association.

I'm American and I admit I'm not that well adverse in British history, but wouldn't it be hard to tell if it was based on Brunel? Especially since stovepipe hats and mustaches were just the fashion at the time?

Personally, I just thought the original Galarian Weezing was the same as normal Weezing, except it had literal stovepipe hats and smoke-staches which made the air pollution even worse. Then over time, the region cleaned up, and so did the Weezing and they all somehow gained Fairy typing due to helping in the clean up efforts. The species became fairies that filter the air.

If pancakes can cause a mouse to become psychic, a literal bag of gas can become an opposite industrialist fairy to further help the environment.

Last edited:
The whole opening sequence is shown in nintendo live hopefulky someone record it whole so if a new pokemon appears we can see it or any potential spoilers remember the whole BWB2W2 opening sequence that itself is a big spoiler

I'm American and I admit I'm not that well adverse in British history, but wouldn't it be hard to tell if it was based on Brunel? Especially since stovepipe hats and mustaches were just the fashion at the time?

Oh I completely accept that it's my personal bias that makes me see the Brunel connection, but even saying that it matches the style of the time adds to the point, I think it's far more likely that Industrial Revolution fashion is the inspiration for Galarian Weezing than Leprechauns.

Even though everything about this seems fake, I would love a bug/ice pokemon.
X4 to fire and rock, yikes

anyway, more info about sword and shield anime next week

View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1183318382105358336

It feels unbalanced to me. Zamazenta would be neutrally affected by Zacian's Fighting attacks, and would get STAB super effective Psychic moves against it. Not really the best way to show Zacian as an offensive-based Pokemon.
huh ?
steel resist psychic types.
both will do natural damage

Last edited:
The title screen intro probably shows Gmax-Meowth, Gmax-Pikachu and Gmax-Lapras. At least I came to the conclusion that Affleck must have seen them through it.

Edit: But just like they did with past presential demos, even if it shows the title screen, the intro must have been removed to prevent revealing anything unannounced.

Last edited:
Fair enough

Not to mention a lot of the top used pokemon in metagame all have a X 4 weakness.
In Gen 6, 5/5 of the most used pokemon in OU all had a X4 weakness.

Thankfully Pokemon isnt a 1 v 1 environment, its a team based effort so there's way to support something like a Ice Bug mon having a X4 weakness in the same vein OU teams support Volcarona beautifully with its X4 weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom