• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no proof of his legitimacy. But he answered a lot of questions and all of them are consistent with himself and the Affleak

It's easy to be consistent with the Affleck leak when you can easily look it up and craft your own leak around it.

While he answers a lot of questions, there's nothing to suggest this isn't some random person getting kicks out of masquerading as a leaker on 4chan. Not only that, but much of what the leaker leaks is rather safe and not too extreme. Plus there is some piggybacking on speculation, such as the starter typings (Grass/Rock, Fire/Steel, Water/Ghost) as well as some wishlist stuff (non-dragon pseudo). I'm also skeptical since they seem to have too much knowledge. They know which Pokemon are not in, for example.

They've listed a few 'mons that aren't in the game, as well as some Galar forms. If these Pokemon, or their regular forms, appear then this leak is most likely fake.

Pokemon they say aren't in the game:
  • Dewgong
  • Regular Chatot
  • Delibird
  • Unova, Johto, Alola Starters
  • Ultra Beasts
  • Lurantis
  • Cloyster
  • Beedrill
  • Crabrawler
  • Skitty
  • Sharpedo
  • Exeggutor
  • Comfey
  • Meditite
Galar forms:
  • Starly
  • Chatot
  • Musharna
  • Parasect
  • Stantler

So since Dynamax is a manmade phenomenon and we have confirmation that the larger Pokemon are only projections, would it stand to reason that Oleana designed the Gigantamax forms for the Pokemon as well? That would make sense to me.

I know, totally random, but I was thinking about it when the leak said that only Charizard gets a Gigantamax forme out of the Kanto starters, which would also make sense if Leon and Oleana were close (as they seem to be), and she wanted to make him appear as strong as possible. What if the reason that Leon has never lost is because his Charizard always Gigantamaxes and intimidates his opponents with it, causing them to lose?

It's easy to be consistent with the Affleck leak when you can easily look it up and craft your own leak around it.

While he answers a lot of questions, there's nothing to suggest this isn't some random person getting kicks out of masquerading as a leaker on 4chan. Not only that, but much of what the leaker leaks is rather safe and not too extreme. Plus there is some piggybacking on speculation, such as the starter typings (Grass/Rock, Fire/Steel, Water/Ghost) as well as some wishlist stuff (non-dragon pseudo). I'm also skeptical since they seem to have too much knowledge. They know which Pokemon are not in, for example.

They've listed a few 'mons that aren't in the game, as well as some Galar forms. If these Pokemon, or their regular forms, appear then this leak is most likely fake.

Pokemon they say aren't in the game:
  • Dewgong
  • Regular Chatot
  • Delibird
  • Unova, Johto, Alola Starters
  • Ultra Beasts
  • Lurantis
  • Cloyster
  • Beedrill
  • Crabrawler
  • Skitty
  • Sharpedo
  • Exeggutor
  • Comfey
  • Meditite
Galar forms:
  • Starly
  • Chatot
  • Musharna
  • Parasect
  • Stantler
The list checks out but what makes me skeptical is the fact that they know which Pokémon have been cut. They would have had to either complete the Dex or datamine. I doubt it’s the latter so if it’s the former then why would they only choose a few cut Pokémon lines to leak instead of just making a list of them all?

I haven’t seen anyone talk abut the possibility of this leaker having one of those review copies. Sorta feel like he has one and I really believe this leak.

Comfey not showing up makes sense, since I doubt Europe has any jungles or rainforests. Exeggutor wouldn’t make any sense either.

We've seen Hippowdon, Turtonator, Ludicolo, Hawlucha, and Flygon, all Pokemon that don't fit in a British setting. It's clear GameFreak doesn't really care about making sense when they put Pokemon in a region.

We've seen Hippowdon, Turtonator, Ludicolo, Hawlucha, and Flygon, all Pokemon that don't fit in a British setting. It's clear GameFreak doesn't really care about making sense when they put Pokemon in a region.
They do care about making sense to an extent but regions don't strictly follow their inspiration and that goes for the Pokémon that inhabit them too.

Your opinion, then. At least those Pokémon show up in habitats that make sens, instead of a random field.

I haven’t seen anyone talk abut the possibility of this leaker having one of those review copies. Sorta feel like he has one and I really believe this leak.

I don't think review copies are in the wild yet. Usually they go out a week to two weeks before the games come out.

The only game I've seen that had review copies out a month before the game is Dark Souls 3 and that's because From Software had no faith in a game reviewers ability to beat their game on time.

A reminder that there was a snowy area in Hawaii and Williamsburg, the hipster part of Brooklyn, is a desert town.

They don't care about real world climates either. So anything could very well fit anywhere.

Even if having a turtle that's native to South America seems a little weird.

Last edited:
They do care about making sense to an extent but regions don't strictly follow their inspiration and that goes for the Pokémon that inhabit them too.
They also try to make regions as bio-diverse as possible. New York, for instance, doesn't have a giant desert downtown, but they added one in BW/2 for the sake of that diversity. Walking around cities and woodland areas the whole game would have been boring. Adding these sorts of areas, and adding Pokemon to inhabit them keeps the experience as fresh as possible.

A certain "Parasect Leaker" is causing a storm on 4chan

There is no proof of his legitimacy. But he answered a lot of questions and all of them are consistent with himself and the Affleak

Screencaps of the thread: https://imgur.com/a/xvU4Ix7

Attached the summaries
We're so close to release that more elaborate rumors are possible, but I'm still plenty skeptical of this one.
  • An Electric regional Chatot was already in a past rumor (with the Autotune ability), as was an Ice regional Stantler. (Stagreeze rumor)
  • "New Pokemon they are very cool look scary but are scared themselves"-this actually says nothing about the design whatsoever.
  • This rumor piggybacks on Affleck by mentioning Eternatus and Skwovet, but contradicts it by saying that the Grookey evo beats its chest, not a drum.
  • The "only Charizard has a Gigantamax form" just makes no sense.
  • Also, most glaring and already marks this as fake: This claims that there's only ten gyms, even including version exclusives in that count. But it's already been confirmed that we're getting a gym for every type.
Weird that this is getting "causing a storm" when it's already contradicting Game Freak statements...

We're so close to release that more elaborate rumors are possible, but I'm still plenty skeptical of this one.
  • An Electric regional Chatot was already in a past rumor (with the Autotune ability), as was an Ice regional Stantler. (Stagreeze rumor)
  • "New Pokemon they are very cool look scary but are scared themselves"-this actually says nothing about the design whatsoever.
  • This rumor piggybacks on Affleck by mentioning Eternatus and Skwovet, but contradicts it by saying that the Grookey evo beats its chest, not a drum.
  • The "only Charizard has a Gigantamax form" just makes no sense.
  • Also, most glaring and already marks this as fake: This claims that there's only ten gyms, even including version exclusives in that count. But it's already been confirmed that we're getting a gym for every type.
Weird that this is getting "causing a storm" when it's already contradicting Game Freak statements...
The gym for every type was a mistranslation.
I counted all the 'new pokemon' he mentioned and the ones we already know and it's at 69 new Pokemon... so unless the remaining 3 are the legendary trio... there should be more for this leak to be real. Tomorrow we will find out regardless, he provides a ton of info so either something matches or its fake.

The gym for every type was a mistranslation.
No, the mistranslation was that all 18 gyms would be in each version. The fact that there would be 18 gyms in total, counting each version exclusive, was not.
The Pokémon Company Clarifies There Are Not 18 Gyms In Sword And Shield
In the Galar region, Pokémon Gym Battles are popular sporting events, and the 18 different types of Gyms that exist in Galar contribute to the background setting of the story in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. In each game, Trainers must collect eight Gym Badges to complete the Gym Challenge and earn the opportunity to participate in the Champion Cup.

Over the course of the main story, Trainers will challenge eight Gyms, which are all in the Major League. Which Gyms appear in the Major League and Minor League will differ between Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. For example, depending on the version of the game, Trainers will be able to challenge different Gym Leaders, such as Bea or Allister.

Each version will have eight Gyms and eight Gym Leaders that Trainers can battle for a traditional Gym Challenge experience that fans have enjoyed throughout the Pokémon video game series.

It is rather interesting that most of the "rumors" this cycle of basically just been reinforcing one another.
I think what made Affleck really interesting is that he bought up the idea of gigantic Pokemon which no one was really talking about until he gained traction.
so I say this is just as fake as that Infamous princess leak was

No, the mistranslation was that all 18 gyms would be in each version. The fact that there would be 18 gyms in total, counting each version exclusive, was not.

While that is true, the official site still says you only need to collect eight Badges. I would assume that if the Parasect ""leaker"" were correct (I don't think they are, but still), the Gyms they listed would be the eight relevant ones that we actually battle, with two out of those eight (Fighting/Ghost and Ice/Dark) specializing in different types depending on the version. We don't know that the remaining Gyms will play any part in the games beyond just being a technical detail.

For what it's worth the Facebook post with Alistair and Bea seems to allude to there being more exclusive gym leaders like them.
I also agree with tech here, it seems like Parasect takes elements from various of the rumors that we've seen which does call it into question imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom