• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like most of the freebies are coming with the double pack. So it's possible that the code for Larvitar and Jangmo-o (and the exclusive clothes codes) is the giveaway.

I just hope that rumor about only 73 new Pokémon and Charizard being the only Kanto starter to Gigantamax turns out to be false. Those are not enough to pacify those upset about both Dexit and the removal of Mega Evolution, and would most likely only serve to make the situation worse.

I just hope that rumor about only 73 new Pokémon and Charizard being the only Kanto starter to Gigantamax turns out to be false. Those are not enough to pacify those upset about both Dexit and the removal of Mega Evolution, and would most likely only serve to make the situation worse.
not only that, but charizard doesn't need anymore attention. they didn't deserve the mega evolutions, and they don't deserve anything else. i'm glad unpopular-ish pokemon got megas like altaria, mawile, and sableye.

I doubt there will only be 73 new Pokemon.

I hope there's more than 73 new Pokemon, but I somewhat doubt it. Considering the fact that GameFreak could not included all Pokemon due to animation and model issues, as well as the fact that the amount of new Pokemon in a generation depends on a more/less/more/less pattern (though I will admit that GameFreak sometimes breaks patterns), I don't think there will be more than 85 new Pokemon.

Wasn't it confirmed that the reason Dexit happened was less due to the model problems and more them wanting to try new things that they couldn't before with all nearly 1000 Pokemon in a single game?
Right, in a way. So many resources have been spent in recent generations on models that there were less resources for implementing new ideas and more things. Oomori said in the game informer interview (I believe) to look forward to many ideas and things in these games that they never had the time to implement in the past.

edit: I said models but you’re right, it’s more than that. It’s all that comes with having so many Pokémon in a game... battle balancing and all that.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with 73-75 new mons if it means the Galarian forms are not considered in that group.
As for Charizard, sadly, it's Leon's ace. I don't see how his ace won't have a Gigantamax, unless it's revealed that his best Pokèmon is another one.

And despite how much I love the line (which should be clear by my avatar) I do think that Charizard didn't need a Gitantamax form (of be Leon's ace), expecially if it means the other starters won't get one.

With the sole exception of Ash-Greninja, when they give starters access to a mechanic they give it to the whole set. All of the Gen 1 and 3 starters got Megas and all of the Gen 7 starters got signature Z-Moves.

Wasn't it confirmed that the reason Dexit happened was less due to the model problems and more them wanting to try new things that they couldn't before with all nearly 1000 Pokemon in a single game?
The reason cited at E3 was time and it was revealed to GI that all the Joint-owners like Creatures and Nintendo co-signed on the idea.

Mobile isn't letting me edit but I just realized that was time as in time restraints, not "it's time to cut Pokemon", lmao. Still, it's frustrating to know that we very much could have had all Pokemon if they just allowed for a break year, and to know that they intend to prioritize fast releases over including all Pokemon-doesn't bode well for other content, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom