• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly, I do like charizard and Butterfree. Cannot stand the others. Including my poor eevee. How dull. Also it looks like maybe affleck was minorly wrong on one front, or he misunderstood meowth, because that is 100% kanto. Which kinda ticks me off. Does that mean if they give it a new evo it does not gmax?

Wow.. well that was slightly disappointing (if not moreso because CoroCoro leaked them all bar Butterfree).

..Does anyone know if that poll a while back where people voted to see the starter evos before release or not had any legitimacy to it or if they'll go with what people clearly voted for at all?

Or at the very least gives us some silhouettes?

Also, is this livestream going to be a general discussion or do we not know much yet?

Also, random, but Charizard's glowy pattern/shapes things on it's lower belly and leg look like a vinyl ripped straight from Team Sonic Racing lmao.

Pikachu and Eevee were created as a prize for connecting with LGPE, and Meowth was created as a prize for getting the game at release.

And then Charizard and Butterfree for KAIJUuuu reasons.

At least we now know the reasons behind things.

If there gamefreak stream doesn’t have more info, then I do not understand why Masuda hyped this up by saying we’d be getting a lot of info today.

Surprisingly, I do like charizard and Butterfree. Cannot stand the others. Including my poor eevee. How dull. Also it looks like maybe affleck was minorly wrong on one front, or he misunderstood meowth, because that is 100% kanto. Which kinda ticks me off. Does that mean if they give it a new evo it does not gmax?
Only specially distributed meowth can gigantimax. So unfortunately there is a still chance for a regional meowth or at least a regional evolution for meowth.

Yay

Attachments

• 6AC88296-9E8C-4706-B6BE-A426CD77CB69.gif
    6AC88296-9E8C-4706-B6BE-A426CD77CB69.gif
    947.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:
This wasn't "a lot", Masuda. But now I'm not even holding my breath for the live either. I'll be checking it nonethless.

On a side note, I remember a rumor calling G-Max Meowth's G-Max Gold Rush, or I'm mistaken?

Last edited:
And now you see why I want a game that doesn't give any attention to Gen 1 Pokemon at all and one of the major reasons why I love Gen 5 so much.

I loved B/W so much, and making me use exclusively new Pokemon was one of its strongest points. For the generations previous I had fallen into a trend of picking Pokemon I'd used since Gen I (Raichu, Arcanine, Kadabra, etc.) because they were 'comfortable' for me to use. B/W, of course, changed that, and helped me come to like some new Pokemon.

I do appreciate reworking and evolutions of older Pokemon, too, though. I really do. But at this point these new forms are like 98% skewed toward Gen I Pokemon and that is completely unacceptable.

Pikachu and Eevee were created as a prize for connecting with LGPE, and Meowth was created as a prize for getting the game at release.

If there gamefreak stream doesn’t have more info, then I do not understand why Masuda hyped this up by saying we’d be getting a lot of info today.

Hopefully they will throw a curveball. Fingers crossed

Only specially distributed meowth can gigantimax. So unfortunately there is a still chance for a regional meowth or at least a regional evolution for meowth.
I have said for a while I thought maybe it would be a regional evo, but it bothers me that they gave the gmax form to the regular and not its regional evo. Maybe they will both which is actually kinda more irritating. Why the double love. I don’t get it? But what can you do?

Masuda is out of touch with reality.

And even though this is more Kanto pandering, Gen 5 is still the worst generation. Only Gen 6 can rival it.

This is in terms of Pokemon designs as I haven't played a game since Diamond/Pearl.

Thankfully Gen 7 and 8 show signs of return.

Honestly, I don't get why people say gen 5 was free of gen 1 pandering when a notable chunk of its dex were rip-offs, or at least were supposed to be analogous to, of gen 1 mons (Timburr line = Machop line, Roggenrola line = Geodude line, Throh and Sawk = Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee, do I even need to say anything about Bouffalant?). Arguably, that's the worst kind of pandering, since it takes up dex numbers instead of just being forms.

Also, at this point, I think the starters' second stages are going to be the very last thing they reveal about this game.

Except Alcreamie and Butterfree (and maybe charizard) all the other gigantimax forms are terrible. They are not actually designs. They are the same pokemon but bigger. They look ugly and they are so dull and pale. Even tho Alcremie's and butterfree's gigantimax forms looks different and appealing, i didn't like them too.

I was so okay with dynamax but gigantamax ruined everything for me. And you can get gigantimax pokemon from ONLY max raid battles and i HATE it. You can't train, evolve, make bonds with your corviknight and after that gigantimax it. Nope, You just catch one and start using it immediately. That's dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom