• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, but to be fair, I think nothing about that has changed since before the Dexit announcement.

Well, atmosphere and feelings are essentially very subjective topics. I wasn't being defensive when I said I might be living in my own bubble. It might very well just be me. :D

Very much agreed, the whole "leakers mix false information in to protect themselves" is just a BS excuse for rumors that just happened to guess some things right. Pretty sure that none of the "leaks" that "threw fake info in" have ever had particularly specific things that they got correct that only an insider would know.
I mean the rainbow rocket leak only got alolan oddish wrong.
but still true

I personally find the more skeptical atmosphere to be the more inviting one, honestly. It seemed to me that the pre-LGPE season had an atmosphere where, if you didn't believe in a leak, you were just being a spoilsport, if not being unreasonable. (You got told you were crazy if you didn't believe that Masuda's Weedle was a hint, that you were being illogical if you didn't believe in Plus and Minus, that if you were dismissing every rumor out there, you were doing it out of personal bias, not honest skepticism) Compared to now, we have leaks where people discuss whether or not they believe it, what they could see with the ideas, and it's left at that. People will be a little more definitive in declaring something to be fake, sure, but I don't see anyone mocking anyone for choosing to believe in or doubt a rumor.

(You got told you were crazy if you didn't believe that Masuda's Weedle was a hint, that you were being illogical if you didn't believe in Plus and Minus, that if you were dismissing every rumor out there, you were doing it out of personal bias, not honest skepticism)

Oh, dear. I had pleasantly forgotten about the Weedle Candies (and the myriad "bias against the UK" accusations etc.). I'll definitely concede that one, although I'm sure there's a better middle ground there somewhere.

Heres how i broke it down and how i got to 40

9 - total for all 3 starters together
2 - for the gossiflur line
2 - for the alcremie line
2 - for the polteagiest line
2 - for the drednaw line
1 - for the duraludon line
3 - for the corviknight line
2 - for the wooloo line
2 - for the yamper line
2 - for the rolycoly line
1 - for the morpecko line
1 - for the cramorant line
2 - for the legendary wolves

31 - total revealed counting both offical and leaked

Unrevealed

1 - impidimp
1 - charman roses pokemon
2 - chipmunk pokemon
1 - barracuda pokemon
1 - pokemon ( behind the man at the pokecenter )
1 - statuesque looking pokemon

38 total

Include

Obstagoon and Sirfetch'd

And we get 40
Thank you so much!!! You are an angel!

So with Gigantamax Lapras, we already have 54!!! I hope the final number is a bit above double this number!!

How many pokemon ( including alolan forms) did they
spoil before the game came out? Referring to SM! And I do not mean the datamine or the anime sheets just the pokemon that were officially announced before the games where released?

Thank you so much!!! You are an angel!

So with Gigantamax Lapras, we already have 54!!! I hope the final number is a bit above double this number!!

spoil before the game came out? Referring to SM! And I do not mean the datamine or the anime sheets just the pokemon that were officially announced before the games where released?
with sun and moon they spoiled pretty much everything, only like 10-15 new pokemon were left to be discovered i think.
but this is more DP/XY route, when they keep most of them as a secret (at least i hope it's the case)

Literally everything except for Cosmoem, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Mareanie, Toxapex, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Dewpider, Araquanid, Salazzle, Shiinotic, Crabominable, Golisopod, Dhelmise, and Marshadow. That's out of 108 total new designs/entities, counting all 81 Pokémon, 18 Alola Forms, 2 Zygarde Formes, and Ash-Greninja, as well as the 6 Cap Pikachu (which also weren't revealed until after release, for what that's worth).

Kartana and Celesteela were revealed on the Japanese Pokémon YouTube channel on the day the games came out, so however you want to count that, too.

Last edited:
with sun and moon they spoiled pretty much everything, only like 10-15 new pokemon were left to be discovered i think.
but this is more DP/XY route, when they keep most of them as a secret (at least i hope it's the case)
Omg this many? So they spoiled liked 70 pokemon???? No wonder they are secretive now!!

Hope that we have a lot of pokemon left to discover then!!! 120 total sounds really nice and balanced

Literally everything except for Cosmoem, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Mareanie, Toxapex, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Dewpider, Araquanid, Salazzle, Shiinotic, Crabominable, Golisopod, Dhelmise, and Marshadow. That's out of 108 total new designs/entities, counting all 81 Pokémon, 18 Alola Forms, 2 Zygarde Formes, and Ash-Greninja, as well as the 6 Cap Pikachu (which also weren't revealed until after release, for what that's worth).

Kartana and Celesteela were revealed on the Japanese Pokémon YouTube channel on the day the games came out, so however you want to count that, too.
That is simply crazy!!! Oh yeah now I remember!!! I remember how frustrated I was that the only new ice type was the crab thingy!!

Why did they reveal so much??
What about XY? I vaguely remember the prerelease era!

That is simply crazy!!! Oh yeah now I remember!!! I remember how frustrated I was that the only new ice type was the crab thingy!!

Why did they reveal so much??
What about XY? I vaguely remember the prerelease era!
The yellow ones were revealed on CoroCoro at the day of release

Last edited:
Some of the yellow ones were revealed on CoroCoro at the day of release (like the starters)
View attachment 126521
Wow f* me! Now I understand why they are secretive! They were literally spoiling everything!

My memory is coming back to me lol i remember now that corocoro was out of control literally every few days we’d have something new!

Well, if this is indeed a way as to not to spoil the game and there like 70 smt pokemon more to discover then I welcome this kind of marketing! If it is the same as the XY and SM however...well...bye....

XY revealed a lot too, though not quite as much as SM. that being said, going back to pre-XY comparisons is pretty pointless considering the bulk of the news then came from stuff like CoroCoro.
Not really ?
the trailers showed everything CoroCoro had
this time it's just the other way around

marketing was different because there was no social media to spread it around and thus pokemon did substantially less.
XY got monthly trailer just like we get this time.
i don't see how it's really different
It's just that CoroCoro showed what's gonna be inside the trailer and not the other way around.

the only bonus with SwSh is the way they revealed ponyta and sirfetchd

Only specially distributed meowth can gigantimax. So unfortunately there is a still chance for a regional meowth or at least a regional evolution for meowth.

Im kinda doubting a regional form or evolution now tbh, because the transformation is exclusive to meowth. But who knows what crack GF is on lol

They could easily run a marketing campaign revealing more than they have without revealing everything. They could easily keep it under 30 while revealing like 4 new Pokemon in September and October. So far we haven't even seen any entirely new Pokemon this month.

So far we've had...

February: Scorbunny, Sobble, and Grookey
June: Wooloo, Gossifleur, Eldegoss, Corviknight, Drednaw, Zacian, Zamazenta, Yamper, and Impidimp
July: Alcremie, Rolycoly, and Duraludon, G-Max Alcremie, G-Max Corviknight, and G-Max Drednaw
August: Morpeko, Obstagoon, Galarian Zigzagoon, Galarian Linoone, and Galarian Weezing
September: Cramorant, Poteagiest, and Sirfetch'd
October: Galarian Ponyta, G-Max Pikachu, G-Max Meowth, G-Max Eevee, G-Max Charizard, and G-Max Butterfree

20 new Pokemon
4 Galarian forms
8 Gigantamax forms.

Last edited:
Im kinda doubting a regional form or evolution now tbh, because the transformation is exclusive to meowth. But who knows what crack GF is on lol
It's exclusive to only that gift meowth that can't evolve, though. That doesn't mean anything for meowth found in Galar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom