• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something that I'm kind of worried about. The journalists says they encounter a lot of new pokemon in the early gamr. But is it possible that some were assigned to preview it but haven't played in a long time or are not hardcore fan who knows all the pokemon. So is it likely that they are seeing pokemon from Gen 5, 6 or 7 that they are not familiar with and thought it was a new pokemon?
I doubt that. They've had ample of time to create the articles. Also, multiple sources mention a lot of new designs in the early routes.

It's specifically said that it's for Dynamax, though. If it was required for Gigantamax, then either we have very few battles against GMax Pokemon, or we see them, and it's just said to be rare for the sake of making the player a special snowflake, neither of which sound very appealing to me.

Players have been treated as “chosen ones” since RSE. Having a “chosen one” in these games as well is far from surprising.

It may be annoying, yes, but this is kinda the result of the character being the hero, I suppose. Things have to happen to you because you are the player. Imagine if they too the commoner mentality to high extremes: nothing would happen in the games. :p

I get what you mean, though. I’m not much a fan of having too many things served on a silver platter, either.

I just hope they fix the spawn rates so you're not constantly besieged by old pokemon

Granted, if the pokedex is several hundred pokemon and there's only <100 new ones, it's kinda impossible for them NOT to get lost in the shuffle...
Since pokemon are in the overworld, all you have to do is run around till you see what you're looking for

I'm kind of annoyed by that explanation for why the player can Dynamax, lol. We've got these Dynamax bands designed by Olivia, Dynamax is a standard for gyms, but the player still needs a special band to fly out of the sky to get the power. I think "Hey, you've got access to the same resources as everyone else, you're just stronger because you put in the effort and strategy" fits way more with the theme of ambition rather than "Hey you're the chosen one for like, the fourth game in a row!" (And I say that as someone who didn't have a problem with chosen one plots like BW and Crystal)

This is something I'm going to need clarification on. The article says that the item that falls from the sky is a Wishing Star, not a Dynamax Band - but also that it does enable the player to use Dynamax. And yet we know we must receive an actual Dynamax Band at some point, because the players are wearing them all throughout the trailers and everything.

Is the Wishing Star used as a component in building a Dynamax Band, maybe? If that's the case, then presumably everyone would need a Wishing Star for their Bands, just like how people in Alola need Sparkling Stones for their Z-Rings... but how do they get those? Is the player obtaining one really all that unique of a phenomenon?

Is it possible to explore anywhere in the wild area right from the start?

From what I've seen so far it doesn't seem that difficult to avoid higher level Pokemon. (there was a Vespiquen but it didn't start chasing them until they passed directly in front of it.

Though outside of maybe rarer items there probably isn't much reason to explore the higher leveled areas of the wild area, any connected locations will likely be blocked off until the story catches up.

This is something I'm going to need clarification on. The article says that the item that falls from the sky is a Wishing Star, not a Dynamax Band - but also that it does enable the player to use Dynamax. And yet we know we must receive an actual Dynamax Band at some point, because the players are wearing them all throughout the trailers and everything.

Is the Wishing Star used as a component in building a Dynamax Band, maybe? If that's the case, then presumably everyone would need a Wishing Star for their Bands, just like how people in Alola need Sparkling Stones for their Z-Rings... but how do they get those? Is the player obtaining one really all that unique of a phenomenon?
It's probably rare cause we get the material all on our own rather than have it be given to us like other people in the league.

I doubt that. They've had ample of time to create the articles. Also, multiple sources mention a lot of new designs in the early routes.
Not only that, but I know the one that wrote the article for Everyeye, and he’s focused on Pokémon on his channel (Pokémon Millennium). He knows old Pokémon.
Leon apparently gets the starter strong to yours
Wait, really?

Makes sense. Bede and Marnie are probably from elsewhere in the GK. Why not have Leon as another rival. But the twist is you're his rival since you want to be as famous as him.

I like how they're finally not leaving any starter behind anymore.

So... does that mean Leon becomes sort of a 4th rival in the process similar to Kukui? Or is it more of a case where he simply "takes care" of the unchosen starter and doesn't actually use it? Because I would think that Bede would (or should) end up with the type advantage starter to cement his "rival" status. Unless, of course, he already does have it but got it from a different source, like Chairman Rose or someone like that. Make me wonder if we'll have another Kukui situation or that unchosen starter will disappear forever.

So... does that mean Leon becomes sort of a 4th rival in the process similar to Kukui? Or is it more of a case where he simply "takes care" of the unchosen starter and doesn't actually use it? Because I would think that Bede would (or should) end up with the type advantage starter to cement his "rival" status. Unless, of course, he already does have it but got it from a different source, like Chairman Rose or someone like that. Make me wonder if we'll have another Kukui situation or that unchosen starter will disappear forever.
Well, we do know that Leon is the one we seemingly have to beat for the Champion title, and his presence from the start of the game suggest an important role, so it wouldn’t be weird if he becomes a rival/goal of sort.

Well, we do know that Leon is the one we seemingly have to beat for the Champion title, and his presence from the start of the game suggest an important role, so it wouldn’t be weird if he becomes a rival/goal of sort.

Oh, that I know, since he is the Champion, and beating the Champion has always been the "main goal" of every game. But, what I find odd about it is that, well, he's already a highly established trainer with probably a very powerful team already in place. What would he gain from a Lv5 starter? That's the question I have, as he most likely already has a team established, so why would he become another "rival" to a rookie trainer when he's already the Champion right out of the gate? Him being a "goal", yes, that I can see, since it's always been that way, but not so much a "rival" to a fledgling trainer. Hence why I wonder if he really "obtains" the other starter and adds it to his team or simply "takes care" of it and it's never seen again.

I don't think this is necessarily true? What we know is that Leon gives you and Hop your starters and he recalls the last one. I don't think that means that he keeps it and uses it later.

It probably just winds up in someone else's possession, if it even ever shows up again at all.

Players have been treated as “chosen ones” since RSE. Having a “chosen one” in these games as well is far from surprising.

It may be annoying, yes, but this is kinda the result of the character being the hero, I suppose. Things have to happen to you because you are the player. Imagine if they too the commoner mentality to high extremes: nothing would happen in the games. :p

I get what you mean, though. I’m not much a fan of having too many things served on a silver platter, either.
Never said it was surprising, just that it's annoying to have happen for no reason, especially in a game where the theme is "being the strongest" and "ambition". The player's naturally going to beat everyone, but giving them a power just because they were in the right place at the right time feels like less like "anyone can be great if they put in the effort!" and more like "You can be special if you get lucky!" Other chosen one plots at least had the player earn it through their actions-you pursued Suicune, you stood up to N and Lysandre, you tried to help Lillie and Nebby. This one is just "destiny yeeted a rock at you and now you're the best!"

Well, you never know. Perhaps that "star" could even end up being a curse in disguise. It would be pretty hilarious, too. "You thought you were the Chosen One and you would get all the glory with no drawbacks? Ah! The fool! You'll have to face all the consequences tied to that destiny, too!" It would be a pretty nice subversion if they really pulled that off, and I would even welcome the irony.

If that's the case, sure, I could get behind that, but I'm just sharing my thoughts on what's confirmed now, not what stories I could imagine from it. We could also imagine that the story never touches on the meteor at all, and it becomes a useless plot point, but it'd be unfair to criticize them over a possible scenario that we don't know will happen.

Leon Might not use the use the starter cause if Leon kept a Scorbunny, then he'd have 2 Fires in his team. Then again Kukui had 2 Fairy pokemon if he had Primarina

I don't think this is necessarily true? What we know is that Leon gives you and Hop your starters and he recalls the last one. I don't think that means that he keeps it and uses it later.

It probably just winds up in someone else's possession, if it even ever shows up again at all.

Yes, Leon gets it, but we don't know if he will use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom