• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was mainly going off of what Nintendo Life stated in their YT vid.

also I'm not really sure how much everyone has caught up in regards to the previews.
So I would leave a log but only if anyone wants it.

It's specifically said that it's for Dynamax, though. If it was required for Gigantamax, then either we have very few battles against GMax Pokemon, or we see them, and it's just said to be rare for the sake of making the player a special snowflake, neither of which sound very appealing to me.

Eh, I'm skeptical.
  • "Leaks" info like Corviknight and Polteageist having prevos, despite this already being leaked through the camera site. Also "leaks" the champion tournament, despite this already being confirmed on the official site.
  • Claims to know super specific information like what TMs Sobble can learn, and what is and isn't a TM. (claims Facade has been removed from the list) They also claim that they don't have a ROM or demo of the game, so getting this specific without that is even less likely.
  • "A Looker quest with Meltan", as if any game has ever prominently featured a mythical from the last gen.
  • "Its power level is way stronger than what it should be" is supposed to be how Leon is discovered to be a fraud, a) as if Pokemon have standard power levels, b) as if having a super powerful Charizard wouldn't just add to the image that Leon is super great
  • Claims to know the entire dex, which never happens.
  • With one question, they claim that there are no new forms for old Dragon-types. With another question, they claim that Flygon gets a GMax form.
  • Claims to back up Affleck, but says Grookey evo doesn't have a drum.
  • GMax Charizard is described as "a combination of both Megas", which definitely does not look like what we've got.
Adding to this the man mentioned that Hop's second Pokemon was Coravanight's pre-evo when we know now it's wooloo.
Good run down btw

Apparently there are hints of Giga Machamp and Gengar

Attachments

• 1571327696194.jpg
    1571327696194.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 128
Here's something that I'm kind of worried about. The journalists says they encounter a lot of new pokemon in the early game. But there might be possibility that some were assigned to preview it but haven't played in a long time or are not hardcore fan who knows all the pokemon. So is it likely that they are seeing pokemon from Gen 5, 6, 7 or something that they are not familiar with and thought it was a new pokemon?

If that’s true, at least it means the routes aren’t all dominated by Gen I Pokémon, which they would have recognized.

For what it's worth many hats that they see new species of Pokemon and Regional forms that weren't seen yet.
Some of also claim to see in the beginning a Pokemon that looks vaguely similar to the mascots with some even going as far to call it a new Pokemon.

The B-roll footage they're allowing people to use also has the dark water spots.

Just going by that alone there still might be random encounters mixed in with the overworld pokemon.

But wouldn't you still have to wait for those random encounters to appear like how you would have to wait for rustling grass in gen 5?

It makes sense that the Wild Area would make them rethink the "many old Pokemon in initial routes" approach of the 3DS games. I doubt that the final count of new species will exceed Alola's.

Great, just what I love, waiting several minutes for the pokemon I'd like to spawn in to do so

Id rather that than the new pokemon having stupidly raw encounter rates lol Too many nightmares with the last few generations XD
besides im sure like LGPE you can respawn them instantly via exploits.

Id rather that than the new pokemon having stupidly raw encounter rates lol Too many nightmares with the last few generations XD
besides im sure like LGPE you can respawn them instantly via exploits.
In my case it is this + the fact that I have played too many JRPGs that made me hate random encounters. Specially since in most RPGs, there aren't Repel-like items.

EDIT: Hard Mountain made me hate them too, now that I think about it.

In my case it is this + the fact that I have played too many JRPGs that made me hate random encounters. Specially since in most RPGs, there aren't Repel-like items.

Same lol especially when looking for a specific item / ability, you can be waiting hours and get nothing which is really stupid.

Yeah, there’s absolutely nothing hinting that Leon will use the third starter. He starts out with all three, gives two out to a couple new trainers, and then probably gets more of the ones he handed out so that he can keep handing out starters to new trainers.

It’s like expecting a Pokémon professor to use the starter not chosen, just because that happened once before. I’d say it probably won’t happen, since it just happened last gen.

I saw earlier someone said (at least) one news outlets claimed to have seen multiple new Pokemon just in the starting route although I can't seem to find the article on it. Would anyone be able to link one or something?

I saw earlier someone said (at least) one news outlets claimed to have seen multiple new Pokemon just in the starting route although I can't seem to find the article on it. Would anyone be able to link one or something?
To clarify on the kind of Pokèmon in the first routes, here's the extract from the Everyeye preview:

"Nei primi due percorsi di Galar, molto vicini fra loro, abbiamo per contro un numero superiore di creature disponibili: ci si sente fin da subito ambientati in un'avventura inedita, feeling sottolineato dall'assenza, ci tengo a precisarlo, di Pokémon di generazioni passate per oltre ottanta minuti. Ancora, qualcuno ha detto Pokémon Bianco e Nero?"

That can be translated in:

"In the first two routes of Galar, quite close to each other, we instead have a greater number of available creatures: we immediately feel inside a new adventure, a feeling underlined by the absence, to clarify, of Pokèmon from old gen for over 80 minutes. Again, someone said Pokèmon Black and White?"

He later clarified in the stream that he spent 75 minutes in the first routes and story bits and 15 in the Wild Areas, but the reasoning stand still.

Emphasis mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom