• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to stick with Raihan being Leon’s rival, and Marnie’s endorsement. I like that theory.

So for those of you who were trying to determine the size of the wild area it is now estimated (by a rep on hand) to be the size of two zelda regions. So double the size of the one that was being compared earlier. This was posted by PokéXperto.

Last edited:
So is there 7 new pokemon not reaveled in the begining of the games? That means the makthing of the games was lazy

Come to think of it, Raihan could be the actual name of the person in my theory I named Radley (It's just a placeholder name): a shadow-archetype/deconstruction of the player character's archetype and also to Red. I did theorize that Radley would fight and then look down on Leon, defeating him to prove that he's a fraud as the last portion of his villainous syndicate's plan to oppose Rose's Corruption.

So is there 7 new pokemon not reaveled in the begining of the games? That means the makthing of the games was lazy
Seriously? Not even a little bit does that indicate anything, and actually it is probably 9 pokemon.
~~~~
I have faith that they did not front load this game either. We also have no idea how many old ones they come across. Keep that in mind. They probably came across the bug and bird pokemon for one. Those are very commonly found on the first route. That’s two. Yamper makes 3. I think this game will have a lot of new ones and they will be evenly spaced throughout, but it also would not be surprising if a lot of the new ones were seen upfront via the wild area. You will probably spend a ton of the game there, so it stands to reason it holds a lot of new pokemon.

Last edited:
Don't know if this was posted here or not, but if anyone is interested this video shows 5 min of gameplay without commentary.

PS: The music is so good in this games!

Now I'm starting to get worried that they are going to frontload the new Pokemon (putting them all towards the early part of the game, Legendaries not included).
This is my biggest fear as well. While I welcome the fact that we get to catch many different species of new Pokemon from a get-go, I can't help but feel it might be a compensation for the fact there won't be many new Pokemon in the mid/later part of the game.

Sorry haven't been paying attention to the other pages, but how do we know it's seven?

It's obvious GF is being secretive as a result/overreaction of Gen 7's marketing cycle.
Regardless if there'll be 70, 100 or 150 new Pokèmon, there should be enough for them to showcase an handful more in the cycle, and locking journalists and youtubers from revealing the ones they found in the first rouce is because they want to keep things under wrap. Same goes for the starters and the legendary's typings.

I do think they went over the top with their secrecy, but in the case the games have, let's say, around 100 new Pokèmon, it'll be a good number, and finding them for ourselves is actually good, although the starters is a bit of a different issue, because the evolutions are what a lot of players base that choice on.

Here's a look at how the image leak links with stuff from the intelleon leak and shots ingame

This is my biggest fear as well. While I welcome the fact that we get to catch many different species of new Pokemon from a get-go, I can't help but feel it might be a compensation for the fact there won't be many new Pokemon in the mid/later part of the game.
To be honest I do kind of think you will see a lot of up front now that I get to thinking about, but not necessarily due to them putting all of the new ones there. I think you will just run into a lot of them in the wild area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom