• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there 7 new pokemon not reaveled in the begining of the games? That means the makthing of the games was lazy
It's not that this release season has been lazy, it's just that GameFreak/TPCi has done a complete 180 after the backlash they got for Gen 7.
They practically showed the whole set of new Pokemon that were going to be released for Sun and Moon which disappointed fans. This time around they haven't shown much at all, which is disappointing fans as well.
Regardless, I'd say that there was a happy middle ground for releasing details that they entirely missed, and I hope for Gen 9 they're able to find it or at least get closer to it.

I know megas weren't present in the main game of SM/USUM, but they were still in the code and megastones were obtainable and usable in the post game.

I've gotten over Dexit, but the fact they removed a great mechanic that held up very well in the competitive scene, and gave some unused Pokemon some great assets, I am saddened that it's been removed completely from SwSh.

In my mind I even consider Gmax/Dyna a cheap gimmick akin to Z-moves... it's flashy and overpowered. Megas at least held some substance even if it was heavily judged at first.

The entire concept of "giant Pokemon" is something I partially saw coming, but giving it to every Pokemon makes it less appealing to me. It reminds me of the Magearna movie where Pokemon were forced to mega evolve but didn't want to, and seeing how aggresive or borderline angry they seem to be in dyna form just makes me want to use it less.

Of course, the story will hopefully shed more light on it as a whole but to me it is JUST another cheap gimmick and they should have just stuck with megas and ran with it.

In French chairman Rose is Sherhoz and Marnie is Rosemary, that would mean that her fullname would be Rosemary Sherhoz. That would be strange and a really bad localization having twice the reference to "rose".
That seems very unlikely.

To be fair, localization aren't exactly the best. I mean Marnie's name was probably changed due to the one Mary limit due to DJ Mary.

Besides French is the only one that decided to change his name. That should tell you something.

I mean, it can be a red herring, but GF isn't known to be suble on that department. It was quite clear that there were family ties with Lusamine, Lillie and Gladion.
Marnie probably keeps running away. That wouldn't look good on the chairman's track record. Or she can just be his illegitimant daughter or something.

There are ways they can be related and not be straightforward like Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine. I mean even with them they hid the fact Mohn was their dad/husband. For all we knew until Lusamine spilled the beans (heh) he was just a generic NPC made specifically for Pokepelego.

Judging the mechanics alone, I don’t see how the Dynamax and Gigantamax can be considered overpowered. They have a time limit, in comparison of the infinite time of a mega, and the moves deal less damage then the Z-moves. Plus, there’s no stat bonus except health, which means Megas are actually stronger stat wise then Dyna/Gigantamax.

It’s clear their goal was to create a new mechanic to unite Megas and Z-moves, and making it less powerful. The final judgment would be likely based on the additional effect though.

I’d agree that Megas, aesthetic wise, are generally better, but lore wise they were middle of the road to me, to be honest (and the horrific Pokédex entries made them less appealing. I mean, seriously GF?)

For the Dynamax and Gigantamax, I’ll have to wait and see the lore bits in the games to form a judgments. The fact that they are visual projections generated by the accumulated energy though, makes it interesting to speculate about it, to me (and I already saw an interesting theory about it).

Honest qeustion--why didn't they just leave her name as Mary?
Bible thumpers would've freaked if the game about eVoLUtIoN and SaTAnIsM had a character named after J-boy's mom...

Serious answer; I have no clue. Maybe Mary's already been used before? I don't think they've ever reused names for their characters in the Western releases of the game.

I have no clue, but that happened with other names as well. Leon is Dande in Japanese, from Dandelion, and other languages have Dandel which is closer.

Opps, sorry about that I deleted that post cus I saw someone else answer the question somewhere and that turned your post into a double post. My bad.

@TheElderKing Plus you also have to look to get gmax pokemon. It’s not as easy as getting megas which was just a stone really. I actually really like that it takes work to get the gmax pokemon. I just wonder if there will be a way to know before you catch it? I don’t want 20 butterfree to get a gmax capable one.

I want that to happen just for the community reaction

Not gonna lie, that's the most disgustingly diabolical thing that I've heard this week and it's almost sickeningly cruel. But, at the same time, now I'm really curious at how great of a dumpster fire (even if it will forever ruin my poor dragon-looking fire lizard's reputation) this whole situation would turn into if that were the case. So, I guess this image summarizes my feelings pretty nicely:

On a side note, been waiting a long time to use this and, right now, it feels very appropriate.

View: https://imgur.com/ihjt2iC

That’s a leak discussed on resetera right now, not sure if it’s new or not, but I figured to post it here anyway.

"Meteordita spends the whole game in your pocket. Marnie holds it and then it transforms into Kirlia with an afro."

Yeah....I don't think this is real.

Edit: I know they're not being literal but now I can't get the image of a Kirlia wearing a Miror B pokeball afro out of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom