• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is quite amazing how little we know about the Pokemon in these games. Sure, we don't know how many we are getting exactly (though with the fact that in just the early routes the First 90 minute reviewers saw several unrevealed Pokemon ), but it's amazing that we'll be going into the games while knowing very little (or at least going into a potential Dex leak knowing very little, depending if you look through those).
Personally, that's my favorite part of the news cycle.
We haven't been shown that much yet, but (imo) enough to know whether or not you want to grab the game(s). The 24h stream was great (I say, as someone who was maybe present for half of it by having it running in the background on my laptop, while playing on my Switch and only looking when there was a noise) because while it was kind of frustrating, it also was interesting to speculate about what the new Pokémon (or rather, form) is, what type it is, when it'll show up next/better and so on.
Needless to say, I will avoid threads like this once it's datamine time because I welcome being able to play a Pokémon game pretty blind again, and am already looking forward to fail a blind Nuzlocke run.

The one thing I do mind is the Kanto pandering. I like G-Max Charizard (its look is best summed up with "imagine Charizard turning into some RPG's final boss" - which is fitting, considering it's supposedly Leon's ace.) and G-Max Butterfree because I like Butterfree; and I get why that trailer was a thing, since supposedly you'd see Leon's Charizard G-Max at the start of the game, and they had to announce the early purchase Meowth (but really, that must be the worst early purchase bonus Pokémon ever given out, a stupid Meowth that you can't evolve that does nothing but turn into a meme, I honestly won't even collect it) and the Pikachu & Eevee because "hey guys, if you didn't buy Let's Go yet, maybe you should. :)" and Butterfree was just a nice bonus. Yet... I feel like had we gotten a trailer with more Galar-focused content (as in, characters like a new gym leader, maybe a new Pokémon or two, possibly starter evolutions, ...) first this month, and the Kanto G-Max trailer later this month as a bonus, it would've been less annoying. But that's just me.

Seems unlikely, it's not Kanto Pokémon. It's supposed to be screenshots from the website but then, why's the quality so bad? It's not hard in 2019 to take website screenshots of decent quality. Especially if you are in a position where you supposedly got to website content not out (yet), or at least try to make people believe that.

Seems unlikely, it's not Kanto Pokémon. It's supposed to be screenshots from the website but then, why's the quality so bad? It's not hard in 2019 to take website screenshots of decent quality. Especially if you are in a position where you supposedly got to website content not out (yet), or at least try to make people believe that.
the pic is a joke lol

If we consider that all pokemon that can gigantamax are all final stages of their evolutions (besides the 3 event pokemon pikachu, eevee and meowth that all cannot evolve to their final forms) then we can safely say that drednaw is a 2 stage evolutionary family, corvinight is 3 stage, and alcremie is 2 stage. Also I do wonder will drednaw be a fossil pokemon or just regular pokemon since it is a 2 stage rock type that looks ancient if so what could be its counterpart?

the pic is a joke lol
Then there's this, though. :unsure:

Okay, no, long story short, I made that, within the last ~20 minutes because I was kinda wondering how hard it'd be to make a fake screenshot like this that looks at least halfway believable.
Here's the source for the image of Galarian Hoothoot used, to be fair.

If we didnt already have normal Hoothoot ingame, a galar form would be neat, this just showcases that some symbols in SwSh are just that and are just symbols and not anything new pokemon or form specific unless there is a new owl pokemon we don't know about lol

I remember being so dissapointed when I found out there was so little that hadn't already been shown off in Sun and Moon. Not gonna lie, I'm actually really excited to go into these games knowing so little. I mean, I totally get why people are frustrated at the lack of information, because I know a lot of people like to plan out their Pokemon teams ahead of time and things like that. But when I think about the wonder I'll feel when discovering all these new Pokemon and new areas we don't know anything about, I get all giddy inside. Needless to say, I'll be dipping out of the internet once the datamine hits.

If that image leak were to actually reference that similarity in name (which might as well be coincidence as Wolle = wool, -y for cuteness) for Wooloo, wouldn't that imply the creator would have to be in some way related to the German localisation or something?

Since I feel like the names of Pokémon in other languages aren't that commonly known.

I don't know. Interesting find, that's for sure, but I am more leaning on "coincidence".

Quick reminder that back in XY, when Sylveon's type was not yet revealed, its German name Feelinara made people speculate it's related to "feel" when actually Fee is just German for fairy

Reactions: tso
Lapras, Gengar, Alakazam, Machamp, Dragonite... Not now we could get more next games , remakes and continuations.
How does that connect to remakes and sequels at all? These Pokemon appear all the time.
The world became sceptic but think positive. Ash won the league.
The anime writers making Ash win doesn't really
The beauty, the amounts of Pokemon, the adventure, the raids, collecting watts for dynamax crystals was just super fun, you will spend so long there and not get bored.
You can earn a currency that’s exclusive to the Wild Area called Watts by battling trainers or by approaching dormant Max Raid Battle red beam locations. These Watts can be used to buy items from merchants who are roaming around the area. They sell camping gear, items, and ingredients for delicious curry. Some items for sale are exclusively sold in the Wild Area.
Pokemon Sword and Shield: The Final Preview of the Series's Most Ambitious Game - IGN

gg ez
When you shake a weird childish looking tree too much I had a skwovet jump down. Looks like a baby squirrel and was a normal type.
How convenient that this person is a big enough deal for Pokemon to give them early access but not involved enough in the Pokemon community to know about the Affleck leak. I find that very believable.
An unknown Pokemon has appeared!
credit
View attachment 126668
Let's research and give him a name!
It already has a name? They've got the information right there. They're not even playing it off as a leak, they're being open that it's their fakemon.
Zero?interesting? No doubt?
I think most people have better things to do with their time than lie about their projects just to mess with people. Instead of making up Pokemon ideas, why not actually make Pokemon?
You heard it here first, folks-Game Freak made a Pokemon whose special power is cloning, but didn't mention it anywhere except for in its German name, even though the inspiration for both the Pokemon and region have nothing to do with Germany.

And even if the connection was real, Wooloo and its German name were already revealed before the image was posted, so it's still not looking to be a real leak.

The one thing I do mind is the Kanto pandering. I like G-Max Charizard (its look is best summed up with "imagine Charizard turning into some RPG's final boss" - which is fitting, considering it's supposedly Leon's ace.) and G-Max Butterfree because I like Butterfree; and I get why that trailer was a thing, since supposedly you'd see Leon's Charizard G-Max at the start of the game, and they had to announce the early purchase Meowth (but really, that must be the worst early purchase bonus Pokémon ever given out, a stupid Meowth that you can't evolve that does nothing but turn into a meme, I honestly won't even collect it) and the Pikachu & Eevee because "hey guys, if you didn't buy Let's Go yet, maybe you should. :)" and Butterfree was just a nice bonus. Yet... I feel like had we gotten a trailer with more Galar-focused content (as in, characters like a new gym leader, maybe a new Pokémon or two, possibly starter evolutions, ...) first this month, and the Kanto G-Max trailer later this month as a bonus, it would've been less annoying. But that's just me.

Yes; hopefully there is a broad distribution of Gigantamax forms between all Generations!
It would be really strange if there was not:
A lowest minimum of five per Gen/Region feels like it would make sense, but where this is an all new addition to the gameplay and both crucial and special to Galar, they may have created and included quite a few!

How convenient that this person is a big enough deal for Pokemon to give them early access but not involved enough in the Pokemon community to know about the Affleck leak. I find that very believable.
To be fair, they didn't give access to just hardcore Pokemon fans... DanTDM is primarily a Minecraft player and he was one of the ones that we know got to play the first 90 minutes.

That said- I don't believe that "leak" either. There is clearly several things wrong with it.

Yes; hopefully there is a broad distribution of Gigantamax forms between all Generations!
It would be really strange if there was not:
A lowest minimum of five per Gen/Region feels like it would make sense, but where this is an all new addition to the gameplay and both crucial and special to Galar, they may have created and included quite a few!
A lowest minimum of five per gen sounds nice, but I'd even go so far that I'd say a kind of "quota" would be nice. As in, a certain % of however many Pokémon made it into the dex from their original gen, should be able to G-Max.
And then I'd love to see more G-Max forms along the lines of Charizard, that actually look like (oversized) monster versions of themselves, and not just slight variations of the original design (looking at Corviknight, Eevee or Meowth here... Butterfree, imo, is pretty good for what it is.)

To be fair, they didn't give access to just hardcore Pokemon fans... DanTDM is primarily a Minecraft player and he was one of the ones that we know got to play the first 90 minutes.

That said- I don't believe that "leak" either. There is clearly several things wrong with it.

Yeah this ! If we look at all the people who got early access from who we know, a large chunk are big general tubers who aren't just pokemon fans specific and have very large media fanbases.

No doubt the generic only pokemon fan channels like birdkeeper toby and all that will get theirs soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom