• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 3DS just to play pokemon and only in the last year and a half have I started to play other games. I don't know how privy most serious pokemon fans are to other games but I've really enjoyed Samus Returns, A Link Between Worlds, Hey Pikmin, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Kirby: Planet Robo. I feel like a lot of people are just going to buy a switch for pokemon and nothing else. The only difference is that this is a unique case where the handheld and the console markets merged into one and the pokemon payers get more of an opportunity to play the more serious console games, while the console gamer gets to play the handheld phenomenon. That said what games other than pokemon do you guys enjoy? Its doesn't have to be Nintendo necessarily, just whatever.

My whole rebuttal for the “I need to know all version differences before I buy” perspective is that gamefreak wants players to have that “oh what is that Pokémon? That’s not in my game! Can we trade?” experience.

It’s unrealistic in today’s digital age, and sort of unfair since you need to pay to do long distance trading, but it is what it is. They want you to NOT know everything going into these games.
Reminds me of X/Y where I did look a bit at the leaked Pokémon but not too much and after playing through had a friend show me their Noibat and I was like "OMG where can I get that?" and had to take their word and look for it on my own. I know I could've just checked online, too, but at the time I really didn't think of that

My problem with the subscription is that I'm not a gamer- Pokémon would probably wind up my only game, so it's hard to justify buying a Switch in the first place nevermind a $20 a year subscription on top of that.
Do you have a switch yet? Cause buying it only for pokemon is a sure waste. There are plenty of great game to enjoy in here some are free to play some are aaa games that will surely get you hooked. And I dont think 20$ a year subscription is not bad at all

Do you have a switch yet? Cause buying it only for pokemon is a sure waste. There are plenty of great game to enjoy in here some are free to play some are aaa games that will surely get you hooked. And I dont think 20$ a year subscription is not bad at all
Not necessarily, I think it’d depend on the quality of the games.

It’s not what I’d do (I’m buying the Switch right now but I’m planning to getting at least Odissey and BOTW when I have time), but if someone is fine in playing one single game, they can buy a console for it, if the game in question is good enough.

And I think @Oriden is waiting to see if the games are good before making the buy, if I recall right.

There's no alternative method. It's just you can get the subscription through the game without having to go to the e-shop first.

Also I'm more than poor right now, but am I really the only person here that thinks $20 a year upfront isn't sawing off anyone's limbs? Is it stupid due to it not being free any more, yes. But it's cheap and that's what matters in this day and age.
I know for myself I wouldn't have it if it wasn't for the fact 1, my dude uses it and since we have the digital games thing now, I tend to buy more games.
I'd think $20 is kinda expensive for a few pokemon and to use it only on a pokemon game to trade if that was the only game you would use the online stuff for (which would be me as I usually don't play multi player games)
It's not the question if $20 is alot of money itself but if that $20 bucks is worth the use.
I mean $20 could buy an indie game you may have been eyeing... or a tank of gas for your car
So I guess it just depends on the person. Do they have other games they would use the Online service With? Are they gonna do more than just trade or are they gonna do alot with their pokemon game online?

In Pokemon's case there is a special discount that you can get. Inside the game there is an option to get switch online for a reduced fee. Its only for pokemon tho and does not affect other games.

Do you have a source for this? My understanding was that you'll just be able to buy the regular NSO subscription from inside the game.

Is this true?

Based on the comments I'm seeing on the posts, probably not. It's apparently not the first time they did something like this either, from the comments.

Also in his little video he used the game icon that was proven fake.

Last edited:
Not necessarily, I think it’d depend on the quality of the games.

It’s not what I’d do (I’m buying the Switch right now but I’m planning to getting at least Odissey and BOTW when I have time), but if someone is fine in playing one single game, they can buy a console for it, if the game in question is good enough.

And I think @Oriden is waiting to see if the games are good before making the buy, if I recall right.

It still is a waste of good potential if you are just buying it for pokemon. There is a lot of good aaa games in switch right now even if you are not a player there are many great casual games in the system

It still is a waste of good potential if you are just buying it for pokemon. There is a lot of good aaa games in switch right now even if you are not a player there are many great casual games in the system

You can still decide to buy them later. It’s not like you’re forced to play only Pokémon if you’re original idea was to buy the Switch just for SwSh.

This was posted on resetera, taken from the Intellectual Property Notices in the game/preload.

Some technical details about the game:

• It uses Symplygon technology to generate lower poly models.
  • Uses Wwise from Audiokinetic.
  • Seems like the game is programmed using Haxe and Lua.
  • Just like Let's Go, it uses Yebis post-processing middleware for visual effects.

But having Galar flipped 180% hopefully this isn't intentional makes it look as if GF hate the UK, just like upturned flags and symbols and such. [...] I really do wish GF were more honest and helpful for their consumers, and help them as much as they can to explain things further.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think GameFreak needs to explain why Galar is an inverse of the UK as it's not really a big deal.

1. They would never listen to people that are outside of their office
  2. Aside from James Turner, they wouldn't listen to a word you're saying because it is a Japanese Company
  3. They care more about making money than the consumers.

While GameFreak is rather secretive, you'd probably get an answer if you asked them in an interview or something like that, especially if said interview was done after the release of the games.

I am not a gamer. I have other things to do with my free time, so I get one game to dabble with on occasion- for the rare few times I would use it to trade, $20 is not worth it to me. Getting a Switch just for Pokémon would be a ~$260-360 investment. With Switch Online, I would have invested $300-400 into a pokemon game in only two years.

The one thing I don't understand is why is Galar's map portrait upside-down. Unlike the other Regions where they're in upright positions, I know Hoenn is flipped 90% on it's side and Unova is 45% flipped. But having Galar flipped 180% hopefully this isn't intentional makes it look as if GF hate the UK, just like upturned flags and symbols and such.

However I do understand of why, it's so to make it look like a Ranking System, with the player starting at the bottom and making their way up to the top.
I really do wish GF were more honest and helpful for their consumers, and help them as much as they can to explain things further. However it's doubtful because...

1. They would never listen to people that are outside of their office
  2. Aside from James Turner, they wouldn't listen to a word you're saying because it is a Japanese Company
  3. They care more about making money than the consumers.
I assume they're doing this is so not to expose the secret to their latest projects. Even with the Pre-Purchase on E-Shop, they have certainly gone to lengths to make it Hack-Proof.
Nothing more it looks like until the release of the games.
They rotate the map for playability- it's just more functional to them that way.

And if they never listened to anyone or only cared about making money they wouldn't be doing this secretive news cycle in response to complaints about the over-revealing nature of last Gen.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think GameFreak needs to explain why Galar is an inverse of the UK as it's not really a big deal.

While GameFreak is rather secretive, you'd probably get an answer if you asked them in an interview or something like that, especially if said interview was done after the release of the games.
And it's the secrecy that has already caused strife and division within the community in this year alone. Some have even started a Boycott, which most of the time doesn't work because those that can care less about Dex Cuts nor Exp Share lock will buy them. I'm just hoping Garchomp will be in the game.

And already the secrecy has already caused strife and division within the community. Some have even started a Boycott, which most of the time doesn't work because those that can care less about Dex Cuts nor Exp Share lock will buy them. I'm just hoping Garchomp will be in the game.
Of course it did, but it’s due to the complete turn around from Gen 7’s marketing approach, and the Dexit, more so then the strategy itself.

It’s a risky way to market games nowadays, but Pokémon is a brand strong enough to withstand this type of marketing campaign...and if the game are packed with content and are good to excellent, having this type of marketing campaign is better then having a full-on spoiler one like the one for SM.

And it's the secrecy that has already caused strife and division within the community in this year alone.

I wouldn't say GameFreak's secrecy is the reason behind the divide within the fandom. Dexit is pretty clear and cut and dry and whether or not a Pokemon is in the game is more a secondary concern. Nobody argues over whether or not Garchomp is in SwSh, for example, they argue over whether the 'dex cut was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom