• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly so far rapidash is my biggest disappointment
where is the freaking wings game freak?
unicorn is so boring

and after looking at scorbunny final evolution in game it looks a bit better. but grookey still wins

@wanderist here they are:

I'm honestly quite surprised of how Rillaboom is now the less liked starter in any poll. Sure the hair is not that great, the name is childish and the drum is just something it has to carry on somehow but among the three it's the one that turned out to be what people wanted since the beginning, the evolutionary line makes sense and overall is a good design. Way better than Cinderace imo.

Has anyone noticed yet how between clobbopus and grapploct, one of them looks shiny. The jump from white to dark blue and the orange becoming yellow seems like it would be it's shiny coloration and that normal grapploct hasn't been revealed yet.

Edit: or normal clobbopus, depending on which of the two you consider shiny and normal. I'm considering the white/orange coloration the normal one though.

A lot of Pokémon change color for no reason when they evolve. Spinarak > Ariados and Mareep > Flaffy are two that I can think of but there's a lot more. These are probably their normal colors.

Are those Rillaboom's stats that got leaked early? They seem to be.
Keep in mind that the original leaker of those 'might' be the one predicting/stating that there's Gigantamax Blastoise in the game...which is false.

Someone with more competitive knowledge please tell me, is 85 defenses decent or bad?
It depends. There are a lot of things that changes the pokemon competitive usage. Let's see some of them. First of all, defenses are linked to the hp, so 85 base defenses with 50 hp is still pretty bad, while 85 defenses with 100 base hp makes the pokemon somehow bulky already. Then there's the typying: 85 defenses on a pokemon with common x4 weaknesses and no useful ability are not guaranteed to help the pokemon resist some SE attack. Then there's the moveset: a bulky pokemon with no recovery moves or increasing defense moves or healing (even status) moves are not that good on the defensive side.
If you just wanna know if 85 is a good or bad defense stat, I would say average.

Overall the designs the generation are pretty great. There’s a few that stick out to me as...well ugly, but for the most part I like them.
My main qualm is with the bland type combinations a lot of them have. Pure Electric, pure water, pure fighting, pure ground, Psychic/Fairy, Ground/Steel, and the pure starter evolutions...these have all been done already more than once. I’m hoping we get more variety as more Pokémon leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom