• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final team

Attachments

• Pokemon_Sword_Team_Plan_TeVaughn.png
    Pokemon_Sword_Team_Plan_TeVaughn.png
    370.9 KB · Views: 55
It's unlikely we will ever get one. They had their chance in Gen VIII and it didn't happen.

What "chance"? They had as much of a "chance" here as they did last gen (where they didn't make one) and the gen before (where they did), which is to say, they had a team of artists ready to draw and Pokédex slots that needed filling. That's the only "chance" they need. The question is whether they have a particularly good idea for one at any given time, and there's no way to predict creativity.

yeah i was thinking about that. Hoenn Zigzagoon for example. And them putting Persian in, surely that would be both Alolan and Kantoian?

I think that's what will happen. That's pretty much what happened with Let's Go isn't it? The Alolan Pokemon definitely aren't native to Kanto but you could still transfer them in since their original form was in the games.

If they weren't including original versions of Pokemon they could have just cut Persian and Cofagrigus completely.

It's unlikely we will ever get one. They had their chance in Gen VIII and it didn't happen.
...they have a chance every generation. There's a chance next gen. And the gen after that. There's no reason why they couldn't make one in the future, no reason at all.

If you'd said Runerigus I might agree (though that fucker is cool!), but I can't say Stonjourner strikes me as all that strange. To me it's just like a British-flavoured take on Palossand. Cartoonish animate architecture.
Maybe it will change my mind when I see it in action but its face and overall build are just strange to me. Palossand was weird to me when I first saw it too.

It's actually not the Eevee page, it's the "three guaranteed gigantamax pokemon" intro to the section, but yeah. That's gotta be Flapple in the fold there.

View attachment 127727

After they named Morpeko's form "hangry" I'm not surprised. Noice is probably a pun on "nice" and "no ice."
But, if it's in alphabetical order, that must be Appletun's gigantamax.

True, but at the same time, why does that page make it seem like Gigantamax (Fl)apple(tun) has two G-Max moves? That's unique among Gigantas, isn't it?

Weirdly enough, the G-Max really looks more like Applin out of all of them

Yeah... they might've favored it alphabetically?

What I question more is... why does it look more like Applin than either of them? Unless, due to being split evos with the same Gmax, they possibly just opted to name the section after Applin's evolution line instead of either of the evos.

galar's dex does make me pretty curious about the future direction of the games. Are we going to get regional variants and regional evos every gen now? Is gamefreak gonna stick to 80ish as the general range of new mons? Will 9 be our first soft-reboot since gen 5? Are they gonna do an anniversary game in 2021 for the 25th anniversary?

So many questions, though I still think we're likely getting sinnoh remakes in a year that will feature most of the missing mons

True, but at the same time, why does that page make it seem like Gigantamax (Fl)apple(tun) has two G-Max moves? That's unique among Gigantas, isn't it?

Yeah this Applin-case is curious indeed.

I really want to know now how the evolution-line works.

It's actually not the Eevee page, it's the "three guaranteed gigantamax pokemon" intro to the section, but yeah. That's gotta be Flapple in the fold there.

View attachment 127727

After they named Morpeko's form "hangry" I'm not surprised. Noice is probably a pun on "nice" and "no ice."
If that is indeed a Gmaxed flapple, then Appletun is confirmed a split Evo. Only full evolved Pokemon can Gmax.
Also, I wonder what other memes they're going to turn into Pokemon in the future?

Oh hey, that's an interesting point... maybe the Gmax is the same, but the move is different depending on which evo uses it?

If that is indeed a Gmaxed flapple, then Appletun is confirmed a split Evo. Only full evolved Pokemon can Gmax.
Also, I wonder what other memes they're going to turn into Pokemon in the future?
For the record, Flapple and Appletun are pictured on the same page and seem to share that Gmax form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom