• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Snorlax confirmed Gigantimax? I swear I heard somewhere it was but now I can’t find the source for the life of me

I Mean, since when has Gamefreak cared about Fairness.
Zard - 2 Mega's, Blastoise and Venusaur only 1 (Not fair).
Zard - In Galar and a Giga form. Blastoise and Venusaur not in
Slowbro - Mega, Slowking did not
Glalie - Mega, Froslass did not
Alakazam and Gengar - Mega, Machamp and Golem did not.
...it's about distribution fairness. The distribution gives you access to version exclusive pseudos that are otherwise unavailable in that version- it wouldn't be distributionally fair to have one pseudo be Gmaxable while the other isn't.

...it's about distribution fairness. The distribution gives you access to version exclusive pseudos that are otherwise unavailable in that version- it wouldn't be distributionally fair to have one pseudo be Gmaxable while the other isn't.
Like how Charizard gets a g-max, while the other kanto starters aren't even in the game? Or how tons of gen 8 mons have new forms but the starters get squat. Fairness I'm sure isn't a factor anymore

Is Snorlax confirmed Gigantimax? I swear I heard somewhere it was but now I can’t find the source for the life of me

I'm not sure but I think that same "leak" also said Raticate was getting a gigantamax. (and Raticate isn't even in Galar)

I think a Snorlax gigantamax is still fairly likely anyway. It's a popular Kanto Pokemon.

The leaks have gotten me so hyped that for the first time I am thinking about getting both versions. The pokemon are simply so amazing. I love the designs I feel like I wanna use almost everything. plus with Rapidash being in shield and the exclusive gym thingy I feel tempted to get it as well.

I am really happy that we still have new pokemon (confirmation on Mime jr / Persian/ Cofargious status and mythical pokemon) and giga forms to look forward to.

Datamine can't come soon enough.

Like how Charizard gets a g-max, while the other kanto starters aren't even in the game? Or how tons of gen 8 mons have new forms but the starters get squat. Fairness I'm sure isn't a factor anymore
I think they meant fairness based on what game you have. It would be different if say Charizard was only in Sword and Blastoise or Venusaur were only in shield. Then People who got sword are getting more Pokémon/designs than those who chose shield.

That's not what they're talking about, though. Oriden is referring to equity between game versions. Version exclusives, 99% of the time, are balanced so that players who pick one game don't have a significant edge in terms of how much content they're receiving over players who pick the other game. They wouldn't give Tyranitar (a version-exclusive Pokémon) a Gigantamax form without also giving its version-exclusive counterpart (Kommo-o or Hydreigon) one, and we can rule both of them out because of how that guidebook was formatted.

Charizard got two Mega Evolutions in XY while the other Kanto Starters only got one, but you could still obtain a Venusaurite, Blastoisinite, and one kind of Charizardite regardless of which game you were playing. From a version perspective, it was balanced, despite the Starters themselves not being handled equally. Tyranitar getting a G-Max without Kommo-o or Hydreigon also getting one would be like if only X players were able to get three Kantonian Starters' Mega Stones while Y players only received two.

it is time to speculate again!!! which pokemon do you guys think will get giga forms?

As I am super biased for ice types, I really want the new Moth, Vaniluxe and Mamoswine to have one.
Aside from that I am thinking the pseudo, the starters (I am not sure if the guidebook rules them out or not), the poison electric thingy, the elephant and few others from the other gens.
Okay I seriously want frosmoth to have a giganta-max form so bad!

So galarian yamask evolves into something new but its original evo is still in the pokedex.

I guess i dont understand is it supposed to be a split evo between the 2.

So galarian yamask evolves into something new but its original evo is still in the pokedex.

I think it means that regular Yanmask can also be found in Galar.

There was one leak that mentioned it and seemed to have credibility, as it did get many things correct, but it has since had a few holes poked in it as well. We have seen all of the new Pokémon now, but it mentioned that there would be a Normal-type dog, a new bat, and a zebra, all of which failed to appear. It also claimed that Raticate would have a G-Max form, but we know now that Raticate didn't even survive Dexit.

That said, the guidebook that all of the Gigantamax leaks were spilling from was arranged alphabetically, and the leaks only went up to Machamp. Snorlax could still be in there, but we just don't know right now.

Presumably you will be able to send regular Yamask to Sword and Shield via Pokémon Home, since, as an alternate form, it occupies the same Pokédex slot as Galarian Yamask and is thus "part" of the Galar Pokédex. Those Unovan Yamask would still evolve into Cofagrigus. Same for Kantonian Meowth (aside from the downloadable Gigantamaxable one, which will be programmed to never evolve), which is why Persian is included in the Dex.

According to the same logic, I assume you could also send in the Alola Forms of any Pokémon that made it into the game (which in this case would be Raichu, Vulpix, Ninetales, Diglett, Dugtrio, Meowth, and Persian).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom