• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it means that regular Yanmask can also be found in Galar.
I think it just means that Yamask is coded in Galar and so is cofagrigus like kanto Meowth and Persian. You probably can bring the regular forms of the galarian forms to Galar.

I don't really see anything Dark about it

It's a grapplin' octo with a tentacle mimicking a championship belt or martial arts belt
its face looks pretty sinister, and its color scheme befits that of a dark-type. Maybe it has a malicious personality to match, who knows. I don't see how it's a stretch. Better than having it be the 50,000th pure fighting-type, and the third pure fighting-type in its generation.

No, but Eevee and Garbodor share a page so safe to say, none of the F's have one.
Nooooo ahaha shame!

what other pokemon are a no go by virtue of the Alphabet? oh shit I just realized that Mamoswine is also out! Vaniluxe u r my hope lol

While I am still summing up what I love from what these leaks have shown us, I thought I would go over some small grievances with the dex.

First there is a lack of a new Eeveelution. I've explained this before so I'll make it quick. Eeveelutions are money-making machines and are well-liked within the franchise. I can completely understand if they found they just couldn't come up with a design for a new one, but still, it's just a bit sad without one.

Next is Charizard being the only starter to make it, especially when Bulbasaur and Squirtle don't. This one is also a common complaint of mine, Charizard getting too much love, so I'll also keep this one short. Charizard does not need all this extra love. They could have, at the very least, added Venusaur and Blastoise to the dex. I can't believe a Pokemon I actually like is one of my least favorite's now.

Finally, the bigger one I have is the lack of Galarian Forms for Sinnoh Pokemon. I think in general they could have made a few more Galarian forms, but I guess I can understand them not since they were more of last gen's gimmick (though I do hope they continue to stay).
But when looking at the Galarian forms, there isn't a single one of a Pokemon that was originally introduced in Sinnoh. With a lot of pointers hinting at Sinnoh remakes being the next games, I think it would have been really cool if they had some Galarian forms for Sinnoh Pokemon, so we can get the new forms in Galar, and then get the old forms when going through the remakes. That would have been a fun opportunity and I'm sad they didn't take it.

Those are my overall grievances with the dex, new and old, I think I'll post my thoughts overall on the new Pokemon later.

what other pokemon are a no go by virtue of the Alphabet?

Nothing that would come before Alcremie has one

Nothing that would fall between Hatterene and Kingler does, either (which encompasses most of the Hs, and all Is and Js)

Everything after Machamp is still in the air

I'll cross-reference that with the Galar Dex here in a little bit

By the way, the image of Flapple in the guidebook seems to be somewhat different than its in-game look; it could be its own unique Gigantamax form, no?

Also, how would version-exclusive evolution work?

So where is Mew on the dex? What number?
last number or the one before the last. We don't know about mythical yet cause the leakers have no way to find out. We need to wait for the datamine.

Nothing that would come before Alcremie has one

Nothing that would fall between Hatterene and Kingler does, either (which encompasses most of the Hs, and all Is and Js)

Everything after Machamp is still in the air

I'll cross-reference that with the Galar Dex here in a little bit

Thank you that would be great to know :)

While I am still summing up what I love from what these leaks have shown us, I thought I would go over some small grievances with the dex.

First there is a lack of a new Eeveelution. I've explained this before so I'll make it quick. Eeveelutions are money-making machines and are well-liked within the franchise. I can completely understand if they found they just couldn't come up with a design for a new one, but still, it's just a bit sad without one.

Next is Charizard being the only starter to make it, especially when Bulbasaur and Squirtle don't. This one is also a common complaint of mine, Charizard getting too much love, so I'll also keep this one short. Charizard does not need all this extra love. They could have, at the very least, added Venusaur and Blastoise to the dex. I can't believe a Pokemon I actually like is one of my least favorite's now.

Finally, the bigger one I have is the lack of Galarian Forms for Sinnoh Pokemon. I think in general they could have made a few more Galarian forms, but I guess I can understand them not since they were more of last gen's gimmick (though I do hope they continue to stay).
But when looking at the Galarian forms, there isn't a single one of a Pokemon that was originally introduced in Sinnoh. With a lot of pointers hinting at Sinnoh remakes being the next games, I think it would have been really cool if they had some Galarian forms for Sinnoh Pokemon, so we can get the new forms in Galar, and then get the old forms when going through the remakes. That would have been a fun opportunity and I'm sad they didn't take it.

Those are my overall grievances with the dex, new and old, I think I'll post my thoughts overall on the new Pokemon later.
Pretty much sums up my only complaints. No new Eeveelution, Charizard's line is the only other starter to make it in, and Sinnoh really gets nothing. Plus the Shinx line didn't make it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom