• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without spoiling too much, my opinion towards the returning Pokemon from past generations is that I feel that available selection is a little too narrow and I feel a Pokedex with 400 Pokemon is a little too small and they could have at least made it a little larger.

In addition the leaked information will also set some new records and what will be missing this time compared to past generations such as no Fossils. With the releases of these games and Disney+ next week I am excited.

My only immediate criticism about the Dex selection is...

... why Delibird?

I mean come on. Is anyone seriously going to use this thing? Unless it's been buffed significantly, there are tons of other standalone Pokémon that it could be swapped out for who would contribute a lot more.

(Actually, now that I think about it, aim that question at Pyukumuku as well. Not that I won't be delightled to hear that precious "gubba-gubba-gub" cry again. :love:)

My only immediate criticism about the Dex selection is...

... why Delibird?

I mean come on. Is anyone seriously going to use this thing? Unless it's been buffed significantly, there are tons of other standalone Pokémon that it could be swapped out for who would contribute a lot more.

(Actually, now that I think about it, aim that question at Pyukumuku as well. Not that I won't be delightled to hear that precious "gubba-gubba-gub" cry again. :love:)
I know someone who loves Delibird but it's still... not... yeah... they could've picked something else.

Pincurchin needed a friend. Lol

I’m just assuming Delibird added something to a route or team or story point in a way that a different standalone wouldn’t or in a way that doesn’t overlap with something else already chosen to be in the region.

Or... Eiscue needed a friend.

Pincurchin needed a friend. Lol

In fairness, Pyukumuku at least has a unique battling gimmick.

Delibird has... well it can Hustle an Aerial Ace, I guess?

I am actually quite happy with 400. That makes it our 2nd biggest regional dex ever behind kalos. And no I don’t count the megas, or the extra 3 over in USUM because it’s a third game. I go off the originals.

This conversation just reminded me that I should have grabbed that Delibird plushie while I was grabbing plushies this weekend. -o- But mom pulled me away to ask something and I forgot.

About all the leaks getting culled by Nintendo... I'VE ALREADY SEEN ALL THE POKEMON! Y'all can't make it unseen!!! cackles into the distance

While I'm surprisingly not too angry Volcarona and Scolipede got cut (Snom, Frosmoth, Sizzlipede and Centiskorch are valid replacements)...

I'm really fucking angry Scizor (and all other viable Bug defoggers/spinners) got cut and that this stupid thing even exists.

The Starters ain't gonna get Gigamax forms for a simple reason: You can only obtain Gigamax Pokemon via Max Raid Battles. Giving the Starters Giga's, basically defeats that purpose (Same with Breeding Gigamax).
Ignoring the fact that Leon hands you a Charmander that can Gigantamax.

I really, really hope that Appletun isn't a version exclusive split evolution. Flapple seems incomplete and small to me. If it is a split evo, I at least hope it's not based on the game you have. I'd much prefer it to be gender, or some other condition.

The Starters ain't gonna get Gigamax forms for a simple reason: You can only obtain Gigamax Pokemon via Max Raid Battles. Giving the Starters Giga's, basically defeats that purpose (Same with Breeding Gigamax).
Well, not true. I won’t say why it’s not true because it’s a spoiler. But the starters could easily have been able to gigantamax.

It's like, the only Bug-types with defog in the dex are Vespiquen, Butterfree, Ninjask and Ribombee, and Ribombee's the only one that doesn't have half of its health clipped off when it switches in to deal with stealth rocks. Jesus Christ, Game Freak; you finally introduce a Bug/Ice-type moth, a Pokemon I've wanted for years, and you completely remove any viable way for Bug-type teams to deal with Stealth Rock. And there's no Bug/Poison-types to get rid of Toxic Spikes, either.

Does Ohmori hate the Bug type or something?

If the Starters did have Gigantamax forms, I would assume the ones you receive at the beginning would just automatically be Gigantamaxable. It'd just be considered a freebie, whereas you would have to work for all the others through Max Raids. It's not like getting one or two as a gift would suddenly totally defeat the point of ever doing Max Raids. It'd simply be this gen's equivalent of Kukui giving you your Starter's ExZ-Crystal or Sycamore handing you a Kanto Starter with its Mega Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom