• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second the "Leon should have had Dragonite as ace instead of Charizard", though. For once Dragonite could really use a G-Max in the vibe of Charizards (looking more scary/dangerous), and ideally could even have a Galarian form to be closer to Dratini/Dragonair. Keeping the color scheme, maybe Dragonair's ear-wing-things, stuff like that. But yeah instead we get Charizard (who, for those who mentioned Lance, already was Red's ace in gen 7 so it's not like Charizard never got to be anyone's ace yet.)
Well, it was only his ace for one game, for the rest it has been Pikachu.

It's slightly amusing that Leon comes in with Charizard as his ace five years after a Corocoro spread gave some people the impression that Steven would replace his Metagross in ORAS with a Mega Charizard X out of promotional favoritism :p
I don't want to think how the fandom would have reacted if that actually happened.

While I'm feeling nostalgic, did Eternatus make anyone else suddenly flash back to that fake art "leak" from 2016 with the really crazy Marshadow design?

1476451094956.png

Eh, I’m cool with Charizard. I’m actually liking the idea of the franchise breaking the rules. It’s always been “X is in the game, so we have to have Y”, and now it’s like “anything could happen in any game”. I like that.

Well, it was only his ace for one game, for the rest it has been Pikachu.
Sure, that's true. Although Masters also has Charizard as Red's ace (which might also be related to the protagonist getting a Pikachu already).
But my point was rather that Charizard already had its spot as a trainer's ace, just like Dragonite did, so that's no reasoning for saying Charizard is more suitable as Leon's ace than Dragonite would be.

I mean, I don't hate Charizard, I really don't. But as someone who'd always pick Bulbasaur it's a bit annoying that Charizard got its place in the pseudo part of the new dex while Bulbasaur isn't even in lol
Alone for the dex spot, Dragonite would have been a better choice.

I'd also complain about Garchomp not being in the dex but that complaint is saved for the case that it turns out there'll be no DP remake which I kinda expect to happen tbh.

I mean, I don't hate Charizard, I really don't. But as someone who'd always pick Bulbasaur it's a bit annoying that Charizard got its place in the pseudo part of the new dex while Bulbasaur isn't even in lol
Alone for the dex spot, Dragonite would have been a better choice.
Replace "Bulbasaur" with "Squirtle" and you have how I feel.

Replace "Bulbasaur" with "Squirtle" and you have how I feel.
Throwback to how in Let's Go you could ride on Charizard, but neither on Venusaur nor on Blastoise.

Then again, no sense in crying over spilled milk, we can't really change it now. It's still a bit sad. Same with how my fav Buizel didn't make it, rip.

I wish we had clearer images of G-Darumaka and G-Farfetch'd. Going off of the current compiled images, they seem to be the only ones that are wonky.
I know we'll get HD images of all of them by the end of next week... but I want them now! lol

Completely agree with everyone on the Charizard/Dragonite situation... a missed opportunity, and weirdly I feel Dragonite would suit Leon better.

Dragonite has also been a part of a lot of my competitive teams and I'm sad to see it go (for now obv), but meh.

The choices they made to keep certain Pokemon in that or out because "we wanted to have Pokemon in Galar that seem like they fit there"... is just dead in the wind imo. It is unforeseen. Like they could have even not mentioned that part and I know I'd feel slightly better about it.

It's so weird that at this point with the main games, I feel more excited for future spinoffs than the dark future I unfortunately see ahead with the main games...

I wish we had clearer images of G-Darumaka and G-Farfetch'd. Going off of the current compiled images, they seem to be the only ones that are wonky.
I know we'll get HD images of all of them by the end of next week... but I want them now! lol

Not just that but we don't even have any idea whether we're getting Galarian Mime Jr or not...

I mean I can't see regular Mime Jr evolving into Galarian Mr. Mime....but then Cubone into Alolan Marowak is also a strange change.

The choices they made to keep certain Pokemon in that or out because "we wanted to have Pokemon in Galar that seem like they fit there"... is just dead in the wind imo. It is unforeseen. Like they could have even not mentioned that part and I know I'd feel slightly better about it.
In all fairness, that doesn't have to necessarily mean "Pokémon that seem like they fit into the UK if it was a Pokémon region" but could also refer to how they fit there with the story (that we hardly know yet), or how they could be used by trainers, or (if they care about that enough, too) how well they fit in competitively (nothing I have much of an idea about, so anyone feel free to correct me here once we could tell.)

There's definitely always gonna be some mismatches, sure. But in a way I feel you in the regards of certain reasons (or maybe rather "excuses", who knows) making me feel worse about decisions than if I hadn't heard them.
As in, the animations or even the balancing reasons they gave for Dexit bothered me, because that just doesn't sound like a good argument at all. But that one statement where it was more said that it was a policy they decided on, I found that more acceptable. It's not a "We had no other choice, it pains us" (which could kind of be disproven, too) but rather a "We feel that's the right direction for our game, even if it's not pleasing everyone."
But that might just be me.

So What are your thoughts on

the galar region only having 10 routes only ?

Well Unova also had only 10 Routes until the league. In BW there are some extra post-game routes, here with SwSh we have the wild area. So still pretty decent.

Type null is a chimera. And what's wrong with Primarina?
Not really a chimera, google chimera mythical, see the images and you’ll know what I mean lol. And don’t worry Primarina is perfection. I just want a mermaid that looks like actual mermaid, half human - half fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I learned something. A leaker caught a shiny Impidimp in the wild, evolved it into Grimmsnarl and managed to gigantamax it. There might be more ways to gigantamax a pokemon without raids

the summary page we saw mentioned a dynamax level. That could be how this is achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom