• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 128050View attachment 128051

He evolved through Sweet Apple. There's suggestions that there might be two items/way to evolve Applin and that neither evos are exclusives.
Suggestions? I want there to be a definitive say that puts all the things that have spread all over the internet to rest.

I also wonder if these apple items are just level up, or if they're camp-related like Alcremie. Smart to have the food Pokémon relayed to the cooking area.

Octalock? would be cool if other like Octilery, Malamar and Tentacruel could get that in future actualy.

ghosts will be immune? interesting if Run Away got modified?
switching out moves?
Emergency Exit?

Our fighting octopus will be having Water Absorb(repair for lackign of water typing)?

Not gonna lie, I’m really disappointed by Steam Engine not giving Water immunity. It’s Water Compaction all over again, except that it is placed on a Pokémon double weak to Water, who can’t take on a move not even with a Passho Berry. It’s really stupid!

I hope Coalossal gets Sturdy or Solid Rock. That would make it a bit less terrible.

maybe at least could half damage? like thick fat and heatproof... but with Water compaction... weird that they aren't consistent with it more.

I can't decide between the two. Too adorable. Help :<

jBfcoj1.png

Just read that perhaps there won't be a third version...I won't miss all the ruckus of Gen. VIII. Bring me Sinnoh remakes to see what GF is made of...oh, and dump Tuner, Ohmori, start building a concrete base of features and put Pokémon in Team 1 aka the priority team since Town seems like a crap game or make Nintendo and TPC give the franchise to a fresh company

Yup, indeed I don't like Turner. Do you have a problem with that? I don't care. :whistle:

Okay, calling this an overreaction would be an understatement. Like, I can understand not liking the new Pokémon (personally I'm 50/50 on the new designs), but implying that he's completely terrible as an artist? Don't you think that going a little too far? Sure, these games may not as great as they could graphically. But esthetically? The towns and cities are breathtaking, the fields are colorful and lively, some of the ruins/altars/key locations look just gorgeous, the characters look fabulous... everything, from the Wild Area to the starting town looks vibrant, colorful and quite lively. All of these go into the artistic design of the region and, since he's the Art Director, that means that Turner played a role in the region's appearance. Which shows that, as an artist and designer, he can be incredible.

And, putting aside the esthetics of Pokémon (since that's somewhat subjective and be based more so on personal taste), what about all of the other changes that GF has done with the games? The Wild Are is a huge open-world location that spans half the region, it's completely nonlinear and features a rotating camera, something that people have been asking for for ages. They introduced the Nature Mints, which, while not outright changing a Pokémon's nature, change its stats to match the desired nature. They introduced the Exp. Candy, which is supposed to help the competitive players to get their Pokémon to level 100 faster. They've expanded on the concept of regional forms, a feature that people really loved in Gen VII, by not only giving it to non-Kanto Pokémon as well, but by also giving them exclusive evolutions, thus making it more interesting and meaningful. Sure, they've take a few leaps back in some areas (like the National Dex fiasco or the fact that the Exp. Share is not only forced onto you, but you're also unable to turn it off). But that doesn't negate all of the right changes that they've made. That's not to say that the good outweighs the bad either, but you can't deny that GF's been trying to make some improvements to the games. So why exactly should the franchise be taken away from them or form Nintendo, when they've shown that they're not only willing to, but also capable of improving their games and introducing new features that people have wanted, while also trying polish old fan-favorite ones?

Is the datamine even going to come out before the 15th?

Not that it is really needed as much anymore with all the designs and typings spoilt. B

While I really like them both, I prefer Flapple, so I'm glad it's a split evolution. This way I can have the design I want and good stats.
Do you think Flapple is as small as It looks?
I don't think Flapple is that small. But think Appletun is more tiny. I read somewhere in Serebii forum that it's about a foot long He is an apple pie after all, cutie.

Are what looks like Appletun's ears actually its eyes? :unsure: Flapple keeps a similar eye structure to Applin so I would think Appletun would too... and in the model they might just be being pressed down by the apple helmet.

Also, maybe it's premature to say, but how come Alcremie gets like a billion different flavors but there's no play on different apple varieties with this line?

I can't decide between the two. Too adorable. Help :<

jBfcoj1.png

Honestly I prefer Appletun on the left, but Flapple is pretty cool too. I reckon I'll use them both at one point. I can't wait to see their official artwork.

IMG_20191107_145729.jpg

In this screenshot, Appletun looks like it is bigger than Dwebble. Maybe it will be about the size of Crustle? Given that, I don't think Flapple will be very big either.

Speaking of these two...

IMG_20191107_145146.jpg

I know it's hard to see in this image, but it looks to me that both Flapple and Appletun are at the top of this page. Could that mean they both Gigantamax into the same form? If so, that would be pretty disappointing.
EDIT - just looking at the screenshots at the bottom, maybe the Gigantamax forms will have different G-Moves though?

I hope Thievul has a gender difference. I want a prettier version I guess.

Speaking of, Dubwool might have one. The Pokédex talks about how their horns are used to impress the opposite sex. I mean, I guess it wouldn't be the first time that the Pokédex flavor blatantly contradicted the playable reality, but if they could go through the trouble for Indeedee...

IMG_20191107_153511.jpg

Neat image showcasing all of the new Pokemon, including forms and Gigantamax ones with their apparent types too, in what appears to be the dex order.

I don’t know if it is confirmed, but the Gigantamax form of the two dragon apples has been named Flappletun. If this is true, it certainly implies they do indeed share a Gigantamax form. It also means it would be the only one to change its name after Gigantamaxing. However, could also be an assumption and an assumed name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom