• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of these two...

I know it's hard to see in this image, but it looks to me that both Flapple and Appletun are at the top of this page. Could that mean they both Gigantamax into the same form? If so, that would be pretty disappointing.
EDIT - just looking at the screenshots at the bottom, maybe the Gigantamax forms will have different G-Moves though?
Never thought about it...but actually it's entirely possible for them to share the same g-max form and have different exclusive moves.

-Milcery and Alcremie Dex entry-

Milcery
Cream Pokemon
8"
.7 lbs
They say that any patisserie visited by Milcery is guaranteed success and good fortune

Alcremie
Cream Pokemon
1'
1.1 lbs
Ruby Cream
The cells that compose its cream fluctuated suddenly during evolution, giving the cream a sweet and tart flavor.

I read somewhere that the shield leaker has not found Darmaritan and Stounjourner yet so it's possible they're exclusive to sword.

Last edited:
Never thought about it...but actually it's entirely possible for them to share the same g-max form and have different exclusive moves.

I thought that too, in one of my earlier posts I included the supposed guidebook image of "Flappletun". It appears to have both Flapple and Appletun at the top plus two screenshots at the bottom, which I think are the two exclusive G-Moves.

At first, I was disappointed at the thought of them sharing a Gigantamax form, but I'm now beginning to appreciate the uniqueness of it. Plus that combination of the names is just adorable. Speaking of combining... The Gigantamax form does kind of look like a culmination of all three stages.

EDIT (to save posting two in a row):

I read somewhere that the shield leaker has not found Darmaritan and Stounjourner yet so it's possible they're exclusive to sword.

If Stonejourner is exclusive to Sword, what could its counterpart be? Same with Darmanitan too actually... I really want Cursola to be in Sword.

Obstruct is King's Shield but it lowers Defense .. good, I love it

- DEX ENTRY -

Clobbopus
Tantrum Pokemon
2'
8.8 lbs
Its tentacles tear off easily, but it isn't alarmed when that happens-it knows they'll grow back. It's about as smart as a three-year-old.

Grapploct
5'3"
86 lbs
Searching for an opponent to test its skills against, it emerges onto land. Once the battle is over, it returns to the sea.

Wooloo
Sheep Pokemon
2'
13.2 lbs
If its fleece grows too long, Wooloo won't be able to move. Cloth made with the wool of this Pokemon is surprisingly strong.

Dubwool
Sheep Pokemon
4'3"
94.8 lbs
Its majestic horns are meant only to impress the opposite gender. They never see use in battle.

Skwovet
Cheeky Pokemon
1'
5.5 lbs
It eats berries nonstop-a habit that has made it more resilient than it looks. It'll show up on farms, searching for yet more berries.

Greedent
Greedy Pokemon
2'
13.2 lbs
Common throughout the Galar region, this Pokemon has strong teeth and can chew through the toughest of berry shells.

Nickit
Fox Pokemon
2'
19.6 lbs
Cunning and cautious, this Pokemon survives by stealing food from others. It erases its tracks with swipes of its tail as it makes off with its plunder.

Thievul
Fox Pokemon
3'11"
43.9 lbs
With a lithe body and sharp claws, it goes around stealing food and eggs. Boltund is its natural enemy.

Does anyone know if the postgame is still nothing more than
Battle tower and gym rematches
?

At first, I was disappointed at the thought of them sharing a Gigantamax form, but I'm now beginning to appreciate the uniqueness of it. Plus that combination of the names is just adorable. Speaking of combining... The Gigantamax form does kind of look like a culmination of all three stages.

I guess it being a "culmination" is neat, but it still feels kinda weirdly regressive to me. Why would Flapple go back to being a wyrm in an apple that it already consumed the interior of? Why would Appletun un-bake and devolve?

It would be nice if we could read a Dex entry about it to glean some context, but I think I read that other than Eternatus's, Gigantamax forms don't have Dex entries of their own, which would really be a shame after they finally started making discrete entries for forms last generation.

If Stonejourner is exclusive to Sword, what could its counterpart be? Same with Darmanitan too actually... I really want Cursola to be in Sword.

Stonjourner's is probably Eiscue. They're both standalones that are right next to each other in the Dex, and they have those similar eye designs.

I imagine Darmanitan's would have to be either Corsola or Mr. Rime. I think Darmanitan is conceptually and operationally closer to Mr. Rime, but Corsola seems more likely since Darmanitan/Mr. Rime isn't a 1:1 thanks to Mime Jr.

Although, it wouldn't be the first time that a baby Pokémon has caused a slight disparity in version-exclusives. Since we don't even know if Mime Jr. gets a corresponding Galarian form, I suppose it could just be in there as an obligatory holdover, like Persian and Cofagrigus. Maybe Mime Jr. don't appear in the wild in Galar, and you just have to breed or import one in. After all, breeding them in the first place requires incense. Normally, Mr. Mime just produce more Mr. Mime. So if that incense weren't available in Galar, it makes sense that Mime Jr. wouldn't have the same chance for adaptation, and maybe the changes in Mr. Mime's biology caused whatever it is in it that normally reacts to the incense to vestigiate.

Last edited:
- DEX ENTRY -

Clobbopus
Tantrum Pokemon
2'
8.8 lbs
Its tentacles tear off easily, but it isn't alarmed when that happens-it knows they'll grow back. It's about as smart as a three-year-old.

I don't know if it being as smart as a three-year-old is a compliment or an insult.

I guess it being a "culmination" is neat, but it still feels kinda weirdly regressive to me. Why would Flapple go back to being a wyrm in an apple that it already consumed the interior of? Why would Appletun un-bake and devolve?

It would be nice if we could read a Dex entry about it to glean some context, but I think I read that other than Eternatus's, Gigantamax forms don't have Dex entries of their own, which would really be a shame after they finally started making discrete entries for forms last generation.

Stonjourner's is probably Eiscue. They're both standalones that are right next to each other in the Dex, and they have those similar eye designs.

I imagine Darmanitan's would have to be either Corsola or Mr. Rime. I think Darmanitan is conceptually and operationally closer to Mr. Rime, but Corsola seems more likely since Darmanitan/Mr. Rime isn't a 1:1 thanks to Mime Jr.

I never actually considered not having Dex entries for the Gigantamax forms, purely because the Mega Evolutions got entries in Sun and Moon, with these even being added to with new entries in Ultra Sun and Moon as well as the Let's Go games. I just assumed the Gigantamax forms would get their own entries too.

If Stonjourner is a counterpart to Eiscue, I wonder if it has an alternative form as well. Darmanitan and Mr. Rime being counterparts makes sense actually, given their types. From a type balance point of view I mean.

After how hard of a blow Dexit was to me, I was very sceptical about this gen. On top of that, bar the box legends, no other oficially revealed Pokémon really excited me that much. So yeah, thank god for these leaks! I think that they're trying to appeal to an even broader audience this time and they're drawing inspiration from other franchises. Some mons look like they could be from either the Kirby or Supermario universes, GPonyta could easily be a MLP character, the squirells look like they're from any random children's cartoon, etc. It's not necessarily a bad direction, but I definitelly had a hard time warming up to them. It's not my favorite gen design-wise but I love a big chunk of them and it feels good to be excited about the games again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom