• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those interested, Toxitricity’a ample form is definitely not exclusive to one version, as the streamer had one at level 30, learnt Spark, and was low key form, so it’d definitely something that has to do with Overdrive, whenever it learnt it.

Hop’s team after the fifth gym is composed of five Pokémon, not sure on the level, but it seems a bit meh, although [huge spoiler]
I wonder if it has to do that his final Pokémon is the opposite legendary.

Edit: or maybe, gender change, or due to some other ability? It’s weird how Toxtricity’s form became the biggest mystery of those games. XD

bar the white void background and awkward background shifts. . . . this game is actually looking kind of awesome? It seems like the best execution of what modern pokemon is (post x/y, more streamlined and bigger story emphasis is how I look at it). I guess enjoyment of the campaign may ultimately boil down to whether someone enjoys modern pokemon or not.

bar the white void background and awkward background shifts. . . . this game is actually looking kind of awesome? It seems like the best execution of what modern pokemon is (post x/y, more streamlined and bigger story emphasis is how I look at it). I guess enjoyment of the campaign may ultimately boil down to whether someone enjoys modern pokemon or not.

The design of the new Pokémon is definitely something that will make or break the games for a lot of people.

About the black void background, does it happen only sometimes with Team Yell? Because in that case I have a theory for it.

The AI of the battles is still a bit weird, but I hope it gets balanced in the championship. It’s good to know that the leveling isn’t as horrible as it seemed. I was planning on using the gym’s number of Pokémon to determine how many I’d bring, but I might go for a bit of a more handicap situation if the game would still be easy.

I do think that people can try a monorun with Inteleon and probably Cinderace though, given their stats distribution.

The design of the new Pokémon is definitely something that will make or break the games for a lot of people.

About the black void background, does it happen only sometimes with Team Yell? Because in that case I have a theory for it.

The AI of the battles is still a bit weird, but I hope it gets balanced in the championship. It’s good to know that the leveling isn’t as horrible as it seemed. I was planning on using the gym’s number of Pokémon to determine how many I’d bring, but I might go for a bit of a more handicap situation if the game would still be easy.

I do think that people can try a monorun with Inteleon and probably Cinderace though, given their stats distribution.

this is also very true. I imagine these designs will be very polarizing on launch lol. I've heard the white void battle bg occurs with a Marnie battle in the story too, but I can't confirm that

this is also very true. I imagine these designs will be very polarizing on launch lol. I've heard the white void battle bg occurs with a Marnie battle in the story too, but I can't confirm that

Gotcha. My theory is that it’s (spoiler alert)

The inside of the dark gym, since it’s the one where Team Yell are trainers and Marnie’s sister is the gym leader.

Granted, it can be a generic intern background that is just straight out suck.

About the leveling system, since I read on resetera that the streamer was skipping stuff later one, keep i mind that he also stuffed Sobble’s with the new type of candy that make you gain lots of exp, so that might balance out the situation on the other side.

It makes me wonder if I should skill all the raid battles for postgame, though. And while accounting to all the glitches and problems, it really seems like GF focused on the competitive side, with how Dynamax works, with the Dexit (I do know that a fair share of VGC players were happy about it), and the new QoL things about building competitive Pokémon.

I could say the same to you.

Glad you concur.

I never said you were. What I said was your solution was similar to Game Freak's.
I'm quite calm. It was you who felt necessary to say that you were annoyed at the "can't criticize" attitude of people here when I never said anything close to it.

It isn't my solution. I'm not saying we should accept it for what it is. What I asked was why was it a problem to begin with because I couldn't understand it. Ofc having to option to turn it off would be inherently better however that is completely different from what I meant.

While SwSh has visual issues here and there, I just love we have a decent level curve for once. Gyms using high level mons, the wild mons being high level and the curve from the exp share isnt making you 10+ levels over the cpu unlike in Gens 1-7.

I'm quite calm. It was you who felt necessary to say that you were annoyed at the "can't criticize" attitude of people here when I never said anything close to it.

Yes I did, because like it or not your post came off as anti-criticism (which has been floating around the forums as of late). Telling someone their concern "really isn't a problem" and telling them you don't see "why [they should] complain" is exactly that. Anyway, I digress.

Yes I did, because like it or not your post came off as anti-criticism (which has been floating around the forums as of late). Telling someone their concern "really isn't a problem" and telling them you don't see "why [they should] complain" is exactly that. Anyway, I digress.
Sigh. I am not saying your concern isn't a problem, I said I don't understand why it is and hence asked you. It wasn't meant to be offensive. And please don't decide what my post was or was not.

So the game is garbage?
It has issues, although the leveling isn't as bad as we thought. Exp share still forces you to be careful on how much to do in terms of catching (other then exp sharing, I really wish there'd be a toggle on exp catching as well. I generally like to catch everything in my path, and this game will force me to change approach). I think Grookey might offer players a bit more of a challenge and not just because of the typing, but because it's slower. I feel Cinderace and Inteleon might ravage most teams, expecially the latter.

The gym leader's team aren't overall bad, as for gym 3 onwards they're all stacked with fully evolved Pokèmon. I'm still going to match the number of my pokèmon to theirs to add a bit of difficulty, although that's something that I opted to do for years in Pokèmon games.

I still hope the backgrounds gets fixed in terms of loading up the correct one in the day one patch.

It has issues, although the leveling isn't as bad as we thought. Exp share still forces you to be careful on how much to do in terms of catching (other then exp sharing, I really wish there'd be a toggle on exp catching as well. I generally like to catch everything in my path, and this game will force me to change approach). I think Grookey might offer players a bit more of a challenge and not just because of the typing, but because it's slower. I feel Cinderace and Inteleon might ravage most teams, expecially the latter.

The gym leader's team aren't overall bad, as for gym 3 onwards they're all stacked with fully evolved Pokèmon. I'm still going to match the number of my pokèmon to theirs to add a bit of difficulty, although that's something that I opted to do for years in Pokèmon games.

I still hope the backgrounds gets fixed in terms of loading up the correct one in the day one patch.
On topic of exp. share tho, I don't really see why the option to turn it off isn't there. It was present in the past and I doubt it would be hard to implement. There was absolutely no reason to not do it. And they also said if you wish to train a single Pokémon, you should just keep the rest in your box, which imo, is the most annoying thing they have ever said.

T
I won't post the screenshot unless asked since it's pretty minor. But it does appear that depending on the choice you choose for how your player looks (skin, hair, and eye color), your mother will also share that look. It's nothing big, but it's a nice added touch.
Ironically, they cared for such detail yet they ignored other important parts such as battle background and EXP share.

On topic of exp. share tho, I don't really see why the option to turn it off isn't there. It was present in the past and I doubt it would be hard to implement. There was absolutely no reason to not do it. And they also said if you wish to train a single Pokémon, you should just keep the rest in your box, which imo, is the most annoying thing they have ever said.
That is a really, really dumb statement (I'm talking about GF's, not yours). People love to go around with their full team: to spend hours with just one pokèmon to train them singularly it's absurd. And as you said, it should be fairly easy to toggle it. Not to mention that it causes all kind of problems if you encounter a shiny or a rare pokèmon when training, and the one you have on the team isn't a good one to use as a catcher.

What's worse is that they don't realize how that statement clashes with the very Wild Area they created for this game. What happens if I'm training one single Pokèmon and I don't manage to avoid a really stronger one in the wild? There are good chances that it'd defeat mine before I'm able to escape, making me lose money just because they couldn't be bothered to add simple toggles in the game. The funny thing is that the exp share being mandatory also clashed with their statement on 'players being able to create their own difficulty level, so we don't need to add them ourselves', made by Ohmori to GI. Does he realize how much the mandatory exp share screw with this statement, and how harder it'll be to do Nuzlocke challenges?

Their statements are sometimes really weird. It seems like they think they're words are heard only by little kids. Which is weird considering the QoL addition for competitive players.

T

Ironically, they cared for such detail yet they ignored other important parts such as battle background and EXP share.

The EXP share, sadly, is something intentional, I believe. The battle backgrounds could be a mix of dev problems in regards of gym interiors (or some other not really thoughtful reasonings), and some glitches in regards of the one to load correctly.

EDIT: I do wonder if those that suggested that the games were supposed to be developed and released originally on the 3DS, given Ishihara's doubts on the Switch, are correct.

Last edited:
Whatever I guess. I am sure I will enjoy the games just like I always do. Yes I do have some issues but the positives outdo the negatives for me. Plus we haven’t even played the games lol. I am glad at least I liked the new Pokémon and that’s what matter most to me. Also I can dye my hair PINK and Clefairy survived the dex so yay.

Whatever I guess. I am sure I will enjoy the games just like I always do. Yes I do have some issues but the positives outdo the negatives for me. Plus we haven’t even played the games lol. I am glad at least I liked the new Pokémon and that’s what matter most to me. Also I can dye my hair PINK and Clefairy survived the dex so yay.

It’s a Pokémon game, even if I hoped for something different in certain things, I know want to expect by it. There are series I hold as much, if not more, dear to it, that disappointed be more.

It’s just mind blowing how they refuse to address some of the diffuculty issues, going the opposite direction instead.

I can somehow understand (but don’t agree) on their talking about difficulty level being ‘unfair’ to kids...why don’t use toggles, though? You already have one that makes the game play quite differently with the switch/set option. Just imagine if exp share and catching exp were optional toggles. People would have quite the freedom in opting on how to play the games.

As I said earlier, I’m someone that tries to catch everything that I can as I enter a new route or areas in this case. Those games will force me to shift completely my approach...and likely barely use and explore the Raids/camp features until postgame, in fear of leveling up too much.

It’s a Pokémon game, even if I hoped for something different in certain things, I know want to expect by it. There are series I hold as much, if not more, dear to it, that disappointed be more.

It’s just mind blowing how they refuse to address some of the diffuculty issues, going the opposite direction instead.

I can somehow understand (but don’t agree) on their talking about difficulty level being ‘unfair’ to kids...why don’t use toggles, though? You already have one that makes the game play quite differently with the switch/set option. Just imagine if exp share and catching exp were optional toggles. People would have quite the freedom in opting on how to play the games.

As I said earlier, I’m someone that tries to catch everything that I can as I enter a new route or areas in this case. Those games will force me to shift completely my approach...and likely barely use and explore the Raids/camp features until postgame, in fear of leveling up too much.
To be fair, I'm also the kind of person who catches everything and also prefers to keep the exp. share on cuz I hate grinding and while XY were laughably easy because of it, I didn't have that much of a problem in SM and USUM. I may have managed it though, I don't remember. So I hope even with that, SwSh aren't too easy.

About the sixth gym

Gordie in Shield starts off with Barbaracle. He has four Pokémon, I’ll update the post when I know the levels/max level.

EDIT

Barbaracle, Shuckle, Stonjourner (it resisted an attack of Dynamax Falinks) and Giga Coalossal. As predicted, when Inteleon entered after Falinks was defeated it heated both Stonjourner and Coalossal, although in that case it was a given with the latter’s 4c weaknesses. Rock gyms are always meh to me, since Gen 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom