• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I'm also the kind of person who catches everything and also prefers to keep the exp. share on cuz I hate grinding and while XY were laughably easy because of it, I didn't have that much of a problem in SM and USUM. I may have managed it though, I don't remember. So I hope even with that, SwSh aren't too easy.
The problem is that there’ll be far more Pokémon to catch in the Wild area, for the early/mid section of the game, compared to the traditional route system.

To be honest the fact that Pokémon don’t follow us is the biggest issues to me lol. Even more than Dexit.
It’s clearly a feature they thought for LGPE, after SwSh was already ongoing. Maybe they didn’t have time to implement it for the former, and the Wild Area system.

I mean, give the flying mechanic in LGPE, the way flying Pokémon are encountered and act in SwSh should be wildly different. I do hope that they work on that for the following game.

About the sixth gym

Gordie in Shield starts off with Barbaracle. He has four Pokémon, I’ll update the post when I know the levels/max level.

EDIT

Barbaracle, Shuckle, Stonjourner (it resisted an attack of Dynamax Falinks) and Giga Coalossal. As predicted, when Inteleon entered after Falinks was defeated it heated both Stonjourner and Coalossal, although in that case it was a given with the latter’s 4c weaknesses. Rock gyms are always meh to me, since Gen 1.
So, Stonjourner is rock/ghost or something?

So, Stonjourner is rock/ghost or something?
I don’t Know, as I only read the commentary on different sites. It was by Falink’s fighting moves, I think.

Did anyone see or know if Nessa’s Drednaw Dynamax or Gigantamax? Because so far it seems the only one who doesn’t is Mylo, because

he doesn’t have Flapple yet, and it seems to fit the lore reason of him being the weakest leader, as mentioned in the card.

I don’t Know, as I only read the commentary on different sites. It was by Falink’s fighting moves, I think.

Did anyone see or know if Nessa’s Drednaw Dynamax or Gigantamax? Because so far it seems the only one who doesn’t is Mylo, because

he doesn’t have Flapple yet, and it seems to fit the lore reason of him being the weakest leader, as mentioned in the card.
How can a pokemon which is part rock, at the very least, resist a fighting move?

Okay...

Initially, I wasn't going to spoil myself with any of the game-play footage that is currently leaking. Well, aside from small things like Sizzile's water balloon animations. However, someone on here mentioned the cheering aspect of Gym Battles, and, well, curiosity got the better of me. Thus, I spoiled myself with the Nessa Gym Battle (and only that one) and, wow. Here are my thoughts, not about Nessa nor her team, but just the Gym Battle:

Wow...I mean...wow. And...wow! I'm in so much awe. It's like a freaking sporting event! I knew it would be, but still! The transitions, the crowd, the ambiance, the music, it's all amazing! I really like the cheering though; the crowd cheers for important events on both sides (changing Pokemon, getting knockouts, Dynamaxing); and when a Gym Leader's ace is sent out, they break into a freaking chant akin to football matches! It was like I was watching an Arsenal game, somewhat, with those chants! And throw in what The ElderKing said about the music changing when you're replacing a fainted Pokemon? I totally now get why they went that direction with the Gym Leader theme; it really fits the vibe of the event.

And speaking of which, we have Gym Leaders talking during mid-battle again! I really missed that from Gens 4-5! And apparently they have special dialogue not only for their ace's entrance but their ace's signature Dynamax move as well; this is too flipping amazing and immersive. Add in the fact that every Gym Leader can Dynamax? Unlike the majority of important Trainers who couldn't Mega Evolve in both Generation VI games? This is how you do Gym Battles; Friday can't come soon enough, my goodness.

I saw the Nessa Gym Battle; her Drednaw just Dynamaxed regularly. No Gigantamaxing.
I'm not sure if this will change during the post-game or whenever the Gym Leader rematches are, though.

Ok, so the Gigantamax starts from the third gym. We do know that postgame things are different since Mylo has Giga Flapple.

It’s a Pokémon game, even if I hoped for something different in certain things, I know want to expect by it. There are series I hold as much, if not more, dear to it, that disappointed be more.

It’s just mind blowing how they refuse to address some of the diffuculty issues, going the opposite direction instead.

I can somehow understand (but don’t agree) on their talking about difficulty level being ‘unfair’ to kids...why don’t use toggles, though? You already have one that makes the game play quite differently with the switch/set option. Just imagine if exp share and catching exp were optional toggles. People would have quite the freedom in opting on how to play the games.

As I said earlier, I’m someone that tries to catch everything that I can as I enter a new route or areas in this case. Those games will force me to shift completely my approach...and likely barely use and explore the Raids/camp features until postgame, in fear of leveling up too much.

I think the bigger issue is that addressing difficulty wont be solved just by increasing level. If you really want to up the challenge we also need trainers having optimum Ivs, Evs, Natures and Moves. Even then as most fan games have showcased that’s not enough to really add any more of a challenge, especially for competitive players. We really need a overhaul to really fix this.

I think the bigger issue is that addressing difficulty wont be solved just by increasing level. If you really want to up the challenge we also need trainers having optimum Ivs, Evs, Natures and Moves. Even then as most fan games have showcased that’s not enough to really add any more of a challenge, especially for competitive players. We really need a overhaul to really fix this.

Of course, but at least with the toggles you could
play as you did in the past without overleveling.

Of course, but at least with the toggles you could
play as you did in the past without overleveling.

That still doesn’t address the over levelled issue sadly as older Gens have showcased. I don’t use the exp share at all and I’m always over levelled and rarely have any resistance in game. Perhaps a system that increases the opponents stats could help or giving them beneficial equipment.

Okay...

Initially, I wasn't going to spoil myself with any of the game-play footage that is currently leaking. Well, aside from small things like Sizzile's water balloon animations. However, someone on here mentioned the cheering aspect of Gym Battles, and, well, curiosity got the better of me. Thus, I spoiled myself with the Nessa Gym Battle (and only that one) and, wow. Here are my thoughts, not about Nessa nor her team, but just the Gym Battle:

Wow...I mean...wow. And...wow! I'm in so much awe. It's like a freaking sporting event! I knew it would be, but still! The transitions, the crowd, the ambiance, the music, it's all amazing! I really like the cheering though; the crowd cheers for important events on both sides (changing Pokemon, getting knockouts, Dynamaxing); and when a Gym Leader's ace is sent out, they break into a freaking chant akin to football matches! It was like I was watching an Arsenal game, somewhat, with those chants! And throw in what The ElderKing said about the music changing when you're replacing a fainted Pokemon? I totally now get why they went that direction with the Gym Leader theme; it really fits the vibe of the event.

And speaking of which, we have Gym Leaders talking during mid-battle again! I really missed that from Gens 4-5! And apparently they have special dialogue not only for their ace's entrance but their ace's signature Dynamax move as well; this is too flipping amazing and immersive. Add in the fact that every Gym Leader can Dynamax? Unlike the majority of important Trainers who couldn't Mega Evolve in both Generation VI games? This is how you do Gym Battles; Friday can't come soon enough, my goodness.
Any idea how can I watch the gameplay footage if I want to?

That still doesn’t address the over levelled issue sadly as older Gens have showcased. I don’t use the exp share at all and I’m always over levelled and rarely have any resistance in game. Perhaps a system that increases the opponents stats could help or giving them beneficial equipment.
I don’t know about that. In earlier gen I had to grind by fighting wild mons a lot to level up around the gym levels, unless I didn’t have a full team. The catching exp definitely lead to an increase in leveling by just catching and fighting trainers.

A difficulty level with increases in levels, EV/IV, good held items, better movesets and AI, or a combination of those, would certainly improve on the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom