• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about that. In earlier gen I had to grind by fighting wild mons a lot to level up around the gym levels, unless I didn’t have a full team. The catching exp definitely lead to an increase in leveling by just catching and fighting trainers.

A difficulty level with increases in levels, EV/IV, good held items, better movesets and AI, or a combination of those, would certainly improve on the issues.

I think you can make it harder or easier for yourself depending on what you choose as well. I try to neglect the good glass cannon sweepers like Alakazam, Gengar, Starters and Pseudo legends to add further challenge because they can solo so easily.

Wait WTF?

THERE IS AN IN GAME CATCHING RESTRICTION?

Certain levels of pokemon cannot be catch until you progress in-game? WHAT ABOUT SHINY HUNTING? HIGH RISK - HIGH REWARD?

W
Wait WTF?

THERE IS AN IN GAME CATCHING RESTRICTION?

Certain levels of pokemon cannot be catch until you progress in-game? WHAT ABOUT SHINY HUNTING? HIGH RISK - HIGH REWARD?
what?? Can someone confirm this sh*t

It was known already from the previews, that we can’t catch level 40-50 pokémon at the start. I think they also mentioned it at E3.
WTH that was stupid in an open world mechanic which they promote

Also I have not watched all the gameplay since I still want to see the whole game myself but based on the first part I saw it was almost half of a 30 min video is CUTSCENES! LIKE SUN AND MOON HEAVY CUTSCENES...AND WORST IT IS STILL UNSKIPPABLE... Game Freak really loves to insult their fans

Do we know if G-Colosal can summon primordial drough or drough with G-move? I get Steam Engine speed boost but if it would reduce water damage....

Last edited:
WTH that was stupid in an open world mechanic which they promote

Also I have not watched all the gameplay since I still want to see the whole game myself but based on the first part I saw it was almost half of a 30 min video is CUTSCENES! LIKE SUN AND MOON HEAVY CUTSCENES...AND WORST IT IS STILL UNSKIPPABLE... Game Freak really loves to insult their fans
Are we sure it isn't skippable?

Those gym battles’ leveling makes little sense. The last gym battle has still four Pokémon.

Based on the previous leaks in the guide about Hop’s team, I can definitely see a spike in level between the eight gym and the Champions Cup, but it’s still not great.

I’d say this though, the game seems really rushing in the later gyms, and possibly now to the Cup.

I don’t known if it’s because of problems in development, balancing the Wild Areas, or seemingly focusing the attention on the competitive side/QoL, and thinking the story bits is less important, but it definitely feels that way.

I’d say this though, the game seems really rushing in the later gyms, and possibly now to the Cup.

I don’t known if it’s because of problems in development, balancing the Wild Areas, or seemingly focusing the attention on the competitive side/QoL, and thinking the story bits is less important, but it definitely feels that way.

Pokémon game’s have always been short mind you especially the league run since it’s a linear direction

In older games you can blitz through the entire thing in only a few short hours

Took the latest streamer 14 hours to collect 8 badges in SwSh, you could do that 2-3 times over in older games within the same time frame.

You can extend that time if you talk to every person, battle every trainer, collect every item you see, take every detour, catch every mon, visit every new house / building and whatnot though.

Last edited:
I do go back and forth with agreeing on some complaints and not understanding others, or the timing at least.

Like the Pokémon not being catchable if too high leveled. We knew that from the site, E3, and previews. I understand not liking it (I don’t have a problem, although there’s the problem with shiny), but why complaining about it now, as if it’s something new?

Same goes for the E4. The Champions Cup and the system of the Galar League was already a big hint on how things would be in SwSh, but if you’re on a leak thread, when it was repeated numerous time how the system worked...why do you act surprised?

I can understand if all those would’ve come from people that aren’t spoiling themselves in post launch threads, but not by someone that already is spoiling himself/herself, and is surprised by those things. The background problems and possible leveling issues should be surprising, not things we already knew (which doesn’t mean we can’t complain about it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom