• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a preview article released in October:

"Jumping back to the beginning of the game, you’ll be able to pick your starter Pokémon and, as is tradition in more recent games, your rival will pick the starter which is weak to your chosen Pokémon’s element. This time, however, he’s going to come at you with more than one Pokémon; you’ll have to beat both his starter and his adorable Wooloo. Hopefully this, combined with the ability to skip cutscenes, bodes well for a more challenging, less hand-holding Pokémon experience. "

It's 11/11. Nearly bought a Switch, but thanks to the leaker, I've saved my money.

I wonder when I'll be able to play a console game again. Here's to hoping Masuda and Ohmori resign or GF gets taken over.

I hope they keep the design team though. Only need to fire the person who thought up the fossils, starter final evos and the penguin.

It's 11/11. Nearly bought a Switch, but thanks to the leaker, I've saved my money.

I wonder when I'll be able to play a console game again. Here's to hoping Masuda and Ohmori resign or GF gets taken over.

I hope they keep the design team though. Only need to fire the person who thought up the fossils, starter final evos and the penguin.
Even if you don't want to buy sw/sh, trust me the switch is great and a lot of games are incredible. So buy one if you can at some point.

Aside from all the views for on the game play. As of late I've been feeling like Gamefreak missed an opportunity to make Flapple Bug/dragon they still could have made Appletun Grass/dragon. It would have diversified the Dex a little more, better explained the split evolution, and it's an easy design to shift that way. Anyone else feel that way?

Also, I second Joker's point. I love the switch it's such a great concept.

It’s normally effected by fighting, not a resistance.

2 (Rock) x 0.5 (Fairy) =1

There’s no way apart from an ability or losing the Rock type for a Rock/Something to be resistant to fighting.
It could also be a slip up and he actually meant to say that it is immune to Fighting, which would make a lot more sense.

They aren't gonna fire people because you don't like their Pokemon designs.

They aren't gonna fire people because you don't like their Pokemon designs.
I honestly don't see what's SO wrong about these designs. I mean, I know some can dislike what other people like, but I honestly don't know how people can hate them so much. Are they really the worst we got in 23 years? I find them quite original (Milcery apart).

A8152A28-4D46-4613-A06D-DC27F149DF4F.gif
No cut Pokémon in the data.

I honestly don't see what's SO wrong about these designs. I mean, I know some can dislike what other people like, but I honestly don't know how people can hate them so much. Are they really the worst we got in 23 years? I find them quite original (Milcery apart).
I don’t hate the entire generation's designs but I just wish the heads were in proportion with the bodies for some designs, particularly the base stage of the Bug/Psychic line and Drednaw's pre evolution.
There are some Pokémon I like, some I don’t, some I haven’t decided on. I was spoiled by Gen 6 and 7 since I liked so many designs that I lost count, but Gen 8 definitely isn’t the worst one of them.

(If I were forced to choose a worst, the honour goes to Gen 3, but a huge factor would be I honestly forget those designs exist due to the wonky period I’ve been a Pokemon fan. It’s responsible for giving me one of my favourite steel types of all time and second favourite grass starter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom