• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is shiny wooloo's head and legs white? What about shiny dubwool? is it all black or light brown? Given that regular wooloo is based off a suffolk and dubwool a jacobs, should their shinies be a herdwick and hebridean/manx loaghtan?

I have to agree. There's like hardly any effort with a lot of these Shiny Pokemon. Most are just a different shade or desaturated.
Kinda feels like N64 era (sorry, not to be one of those) with Stadium and Stadium 2 where their solution for shinies was to just throw a filter over them. Not as bad as how many of those turned out, but in general it does feel a lot like they somehow screwed up saving the texture files for many of these pokemon so they couldn't change the colors individually and opted to just tint or desaturate the whole thing to make up for it.

Not that I think that is what happened, but that's the impression a lot of these shinies give.

Is shiny wooloo's head and legs white? What about shiny dubwool? is it all black or light brown? Given that regular wooloo is based off a suffolk and dubwool a jacobs, should their shinies be a herdwick and hebridean/manx loaghtan?
Pretty much just reverse the white and black on both of them and you have their shiny forms.

Kinda feels like N64 era (sorry, not to be one of those) with Stadium and Stadium 2 where their solution for shinies was to just throw a filter over them. Not as bad as how many of those turned out, but in general it does feel a lot like they somehow screwed up saving the texture files for many of these pokemon so they couldn't change the colors individually and opted to just tint or desaturate the whole thing to make up for it.

Not that I think that is what happened, but that's the impression a lot of these shinies give.
At least Stadium gave you different palettes depending on how you name your Pokémon (like a red Koffing). In Colosseum and XD it was worse, since it was the normal shiny palette plus making them obnoxiously shiny.

Eevee fans, unite!

350px-Eeveelutions.png

Here are some interesting tidbits regarding their new moves that are notable:
  • Eevee, and by extension its evolutions, gets Copycat, Fake Tears, Body Slam, and Weather Ball. Double Kick returns from Let's Go, but as an Egg Move.
  • Jolteon gets Electro Ball; with its insane speed, this is definitely a strong STAB option.
  • Flareon gets Mystical Fire.
  • Espeon can use Psychic Fangs now...but with its Attack stat?
  • These are minor, but Umbreon can finally learn Thief and Snarl has become its new evolution move due to Pursuit ceasing to exist.
  • Leafeon embraces its type more with Leech Seed, Leaf Storm, and Solar Blade.
  • Glaceon gets Freeze Dry.
  • Sylveon, my favorite, gets Magical Leaf and Mystical Fire (!). This one excites me most as now my baby can deal with Steel types such as Ferrothorn.
  • All of the Eeveelutions are capable of learning Bite outside of retaining it from the Eevee stage.
  • Vaporeon got nothing special.

Eevee fans, unite!

350px-Eeveelutions.png

Here are some interesting tidbits regarding their new moves that are notable:
  • Eevee, and by extension its evolutions, gets Copycat, Fake Tears, Body Slam, and Weather Ball. Double Kick returns from Let's Go, but as an Egg Move.
  • Jolteon gets Electro Ball; with its insane speed, this is definitely a strong STAB option.
  • Flareon gets Mystical Fire.
  • Espeon can use Psychic Fangs now...but with its Attack stat?
  • These are minor, but Umbreon can finally learn Thief and Snarl has become its new evolution move due to Pursuit ceasing to exist.
  • Leafeon embraces its type more with Leech Seed, Leaf Storm, and Solar Blade.
  • Glaceon gets Freeze Dry.
  • Sylveon, my favorite, gets Magical Leaf and Mystical Fire (!). This one excites me most as now my baby can deal with Steel types such as Ferrothorn.
  • All of the Eeveelutions are capable of learning Bite outside of retaining it from the Eevee stage.
  • Vaporeon got nothing special.
Can Umbreon beat things now, or it cherry taps things to death like in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom