• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I don't go on reddit for Pokemon stuff tbh. Yeah, there's problems and Game Freak really needs to listen to their fans, but they're trying way too hard to tell people not to like these games or even support them. Reddit has been doing this the whole news cycle.

Last edited:
This is why I don't go on reddit for Pokemon stuff tbh. Yeah, there's problems and Game Freak really needs to listen to their fans, but they're trying way too hard to tell people not to like these games or even support them. Reddit has been doing this the whole news cycle.

It’s possible that some of these problems — at least, the technical ones — could be due to the game being pirated.

If not, though...then...I don’t know...

It's pretty crazy, I've never seen a group turn on a developer so hard lol. It's fair to have criticisms, but the subreddit has gotten to the point where someone can literally just say "I'm excited to play the games on friday" and get hundreds of downvotes. It's basically become a hyperactive echo-chamber of negativity

It's pretty crazy, I've never seen a group turn on a developer so hard lol. It's fair to have criticisms, but the subreddit has gotten to the point where someone can literally just say "I'm excited to play the games on friday" and get hundreds of downvotes. It's basically become a hyperactive echo-chamber of negativity
Not just Reddit. Twitter, too. I still remember a comment from months ago that said something along the lines of "I can't wait to play SwSh!" The first comment they received? "You disgust me".

Beware: Reddit has been really hard at work:
There's lots of subjective things in this, like the quality of graphics, difficulty curve, the lack of an E4, and some of these are complaints that shouldn't be specific to SwSh, like listing the removal of difficulty levels, which we haven't had since BW2. But the removal of Pokemon, moves, Megas, Z-Moves, GTS, less options in the Battle Tower, and increased price are all undeniable elements of SwSh, and there are some animation that I think everyone can agree are at least illogical, like their example of Headbutt showing a Pokemon kicking.

Also it looks like we have that clip of the legendary "moonwalking" (with story spoilers for the context:

Some questions for you all:

1. What did you not like about the sun/moon era of games?

2. When looking at the gameplay leaks, do you think they fixed those problems in this new series of games?

I am sad to say it does seem like these games are going to be one step forward and two steps back based on everything I've seen, and its especially upsetting because when I first heard they were making these games on the Switch, I had high hopes.

I'm still going to be able to enjoy the games though regardless of how these games are. I've just been tired of people going out of their way to tell people not to enjoy them or even support Game Freak.

2. When looking at the gameplay leaks, do you think they fixed those problems in this new series of games?

1. Alola's region design is my biggest gripe. I feel like all of the routes are too short, and linear. There's not enough going on so I never really found travelling from town to town that fun.

2. The early part of Sw/Sh seems to be even worse than S/M in this regard, but it looks like the routes open up a bit and begin to have more branching paths later on. I still have hope

Last edited:

Oh man don't open this can of worms... Also this is not the right place to talk about that

Oh man don't open this can of worms... Also this is not the right place to talk about that

Since this place is literally spoiler land central in bulbagarden, and leaks are part of the question this was my best guess to post my question.

Perhaps I'll post this two weeks after the games are out, too. :/

How difficult that Ultra Necrozma fight was. Training only one Pokémon I only got to be four level highers than U-Necrozma. I had to use Revives so that it ran out of PP. It was the only thing that actually bothered me (aside from the presence of third versions at all). Also, how the character was borderline inexpressive.

When looking at the gameplay leaks, do you think they fixed those problems in this new series of games?
No on the first one, not sure on the second since I'm waiting for things to calm down before watching videos.

Honestly, I didn't have too many complains about the Sun and Moon games. I might think of more at a later time, but I can't really think of anything now.

The biggest issue, that I can think of, was the Pokemon encounters at the beginning of the game. It was amazing going into a brand new generation with all these new Pokemon and you step into the grass on the first few routes (as well as many others, but I think it was most noticeable on the first few), and those new Pokemon are hardly seen. They either have lower encounter rates, are on fewer routes in general, and even a mix of both. I'm playing a new generation, I want to see new Pokemon. They could have fixed this by having the new 'mons more accessible in these earlier routes, as well as the others, and give the Pokemon not discovered in the region the lower encounter rates.

It does look like they have changed this though. From the bits of gameplay I have heard from and seen, it seems the new Pokemon are a lot more common in the earlier routes, which makes me very glad.

Another big issue that I had that I just thought of was the pacing of Sun and Moon, and even X and Y (though I definitely think it was better in Sun and Moon. In both these games somewhere in the early game, it just felt like there was a big space of going through a lot of text and tutorials, and there's a big gap between the gyms/trials. X and Y were quite notable in this with having the first gym very quickly in the early game, and then going awhile before the second one. Like I think Grant's Pokemon might have been double what Viola's were. But I also noticed this a bit in Sun and Moon. The first Island, especially before the first trial, just throws so much tutorial and text at you. I have had quite a few times where I would start a new game and be super stoked, and then realize I had a million things I needed to do before starting out on my journey. It's okay the first time through, but it really sucks the life out of replay value.

Because I have not seen enough gameplay, I would not know how if Sword and Shield have fixed this. From what I've seen in level wise it seems like the first gym is later compared to many Pokemon games, but I think it will depend on what fills this gap that tells me whether or not I like the pacing.

I had a few problems with Sun and Moon. For starters, the lengthy tutorials and handholding. Sword and Shield KINDA seems like it fixed it a little bit cause it seems Leon won't show you how to catch a Pokemon if you already have caught one.

Another issue I had with Sun and Moon in regards to handholding was how they forced you to go to certain places and blocked off areas until you did saw whatever part of the story they wanted you to see. For example, Lillie would block off Malie City until you spoke to Professor Kukui in the garden. I can't say of Sword and Shield fixed this though.

Another issue I had was how some towns and cities didn't feel that explorable in a sense. Like I enjoy going into random buildings in the games and hearing new bits of lore or just even talking to someone and getting some free items. Paniola Town had only two buildings you can enter, and unfortunately there are towns that look very bare, namely Turrfield, Ballonlea, and the one with Bea or Allister's Gym. I know one leaker said most buildings have interiors, though I haven't seen any streamers even try to go in any.

One issue I had with Sun and Moon that Sword and Shield seems to have fixed though was the amount of new Pokemon available.

Another issue I had was how some towns and cities didn't feel that explorable in a sense. Like I enjoy going into random buildings in the games and hearing new bits of lore or just even talking to someone and getting some free items. Paniola Town had only two buildings you can enter, and unfortunately there are towns that look very bare, namely Turrfield, Ballonlea, and the one with Bea or Allister's Gym. I know one leaker said most buildings have interiors, though I haven't seen any streamers even try to go in any.
I think this might be the streamers' fault since, from what I have read here, they don't tend to play the game the way people normally play RPGs (in other words, they don't talk with everyone).

I think this might be the streamers' fault since, from what I have read here, they don't tend to play the game the way people normally play RPGs (in other words, they don't talk with everyone).
They're all playing these games before launch date also and never know when they're going to be shut down.

Dexit, Moveit, no GTS, etc. I can understand. Although, I think the mentality of preemptively judging the game's content by watching what was essentially a speedrun doesn't do it justice nor that particular criticism. How about we save the reviewing until after the game has come out and one has actually played it?

Since this place is literally spoiler land central in bulbagarden, and leaks are part of the question this was my best guess to post my question.

Perhaps I'll post this two weeks after the games are out, too. :/
You said it youself this is spoiler and leak central not discuss the past game's fault section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom