• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh now I know where I recognized the legendary pokemon:

There's lots of subjective things in this, like the quality of graphics, difficulty curve, the lack of an E4, and some of these are complaints that shouldn't be specific to SwSh, like listing the removal of difficulty levels, which we haven't had since BW2. But the removal of Pokemon, moves, Megas, Z-Moves, GTS, less options in the Battle Tower, and increased price are all undeniable elements of SwSh, and there are some animation that I think everyone can agree are at least illogical, like their example of Headbutt showing a Pokemon kicking.

Also it looks like we have that clip of the legendary "moonwalking" (with story spoilers for the context:

I'm sorry to bring this again...but there's a difference between the quality of graphics and the art direction of graphics.
For example, Link's awakening and Luigi's mansion have different art styles and it's uncorrect to say that one has worst graphics just because you prefer an art style more than the other.
The problem is that Sw/Sh Graphics have some evident flaws and that has not that much to do with what you like or not.
I've seen people disappearing, trees appearing from nowhere, hi-res textures vs really low-budget textures, weird animations. You, as a gamer, may care more or less about these issues, but these are flaws and not something that a professional graphic would look at like an "artistic decision".

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szby7ZHLnkA

I just watched the new sonic movie trailer. As you know when the first trailer came out after the creepy looking CGI sonic fans outraged about the way it looked and Paramount delayed the movie and changed the design totally and it looks very good right now.

What i am trying to say is when i ( and people like me ) criticize GF for the Dexit/pokemon animation quality/story aspects/textures... , i don't do it just for negativity. I do it because i LOVE pokemon and i want it to be good and successful. If i close my eyes to the mistakes and sleep over the truths my beloved franchise won't be successful and in time it might end. I would love to hear a proper respond from GF about dexit and everything else but they remain silince. What Paramount did with Sonic should be a good example to the all other companies with a huge fan-base. I know GF insist that Dexit will be a permanent thing, but i hope in the future they will accept their mistakes and improve their skills and sources. I am happy for Sonic fans i wanna be happy for Pokemon fans too.

I just watched the new sonic movie trailer. As you know when the first trailer came out after the creepy looking CGI sonic fans outraged about the way it looked and Paramount delayed the movie and changed the design totally and it looks very good right now.

What i am trying to say is when i ( and people like me ) criticize GF for the Dexit/pokemon animation quality/story aspects/textures... , i don't do it just for negativity. I do it because i LOVE pokemon and i want it to be good and successful. If i close my eyes to the mistakes and sleep over the truths my beloved franchise won't be successful and in time it might end. I would love to hear a proper respond from GF about dexit and everything else but they remain silince. What Paramount did with Sonic should be a good example to the all other companies with a huge fan-base. I know GF insist that Dexit will be a permanent thing, but i hope in the future they will accept their mistakes and improve their skills and sources. I am happy for Sonic fans i wanna be happy for Pokemon fans too.

The problem is that the producer of the Sonic movies knew that if they didn’t change Sonic’s appearance, the movies would’ve been a flop (although I still don’t understand how on earth they thought the original design would’ve been liked by the fans).

For Pokémon, the games so far sold a lot regardless of what they did. They need a legitimal drop in sales for them (meaning everyone involved in Pokémon, because I’m quite sure Nintendo knows exactly how the games are going to be released and gave the okay), to change directions or put more resources in development.

The treatment the Sonic trailer received was borderline disgusting and I doubt the good majority of people that complained will actually watch the movie.

I have to say, I never really thought this would be the timeline I experienced.

I didn’t expect too much from SwSh on a technical level, and was perfectly prepared to accept it...but some of these errors are just so freaking DUMB. Like, unless there’s something wrong with the hacked copies or Game Freak releases a patch, there are some serious optimization problems here that — frankly — disappoint me more than anything else about this game.

It’s not just me and other fans who I feel bad for here, but for all the designers, the music makers, and everyone else who gave it their all for SwSh. Hell, I even feel bad for the CHARACTERS in SwSh, even though they’re fictional. If their game — their story — is truly treated with such little care, with no effort to fix anything, then I will have to skew my upcoming review in a more negative direction.

Yeah...i'm totally going with Sword,lol. Better looking legendary, better pokemon such as Darmanitan, Sirfetch'd,etc, it's not even a question. Shield definitely got the short end of the stick.
I feel the opposite honestly haha.

Lol the animation I can’t even... it’s hilarious. Nice U turn Zamazenta....

reminds me of the gamecube Pokemon Colosseum.

How is it we have the datamine, and still don’t know version exclusives? Isn’t that like spelled out in there? I thought darmitan or however you spell that and corsola were still a guess? I don’t wanna switch games because I love Zacian but I refuse to accept this horrible exclusive separation.

If someone is on resetera, they should let them known the embargo might end tomorrow and not today, as the Italian youtuber that previewed the game for everyeye posted yesterday it’s weekly schedule, and there are two ???? Placements, one tomorrow and one Thursday/Friday.

Wailord's 3D scaling over the years:

Generation III:
http://i.********/vp/1573470738598.jpg

Generation IV:
CxGjlJRUoAAxnPM.jpg

Generation VII:
http://i.********/vp/1573469183775.png

Generation VIII:
3aWSsB8.png

Ruby Pokedex entry: Wailord is the largest of all identified Pokémon up to now. This giant Pokémon swims languorously in the vast open sea, eating massive amounts of food at once with its enormous mouth.
FireRed/LeafGreen Pokedex entry: It is among the largest of all Pokémon. It herds prey in a pack then swallows the massed prey in one gulp.
Heartgold/Soulsilver Pokedex entry: It is the largest of all identified Pokémon. They jump as a pack to herd their prey.
Y Pokedex entry: The biggest of all Pokémon. It can dive to a depth of almost 10,000 feet on only one breath.
Moon Pokedex entry: Its immense size is the reason for its popularity. Wailord watching is a favorite sightseeing activity in various parts of the world.

Gosh that's a bit desperate....

We're going to need to gigantamax him just to get him to proper scale. It's things like this that kinda turn me off using a Pokemon, I feel like my immersion would constantly be broken.

(I almost wouldn't mind as much but I assume Wishiwashi schooling form is more appropriately scaled?)

Battle revolution was 10/10 for the graphics and battle animations and the announcer was pretty hilarious. A CRITICAL HIT !!!!
Blastoise's hydro bomb animation in Battle Revolution is easily the best one. However, it was just a battle simulator, so they did have free space and time to focus in battle animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom