• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair to doubt. I've already decided I'm not going to, I'll wait to see if anything else this gen compels me to buy a Switch or maybe next gen will be better. =)
Was Pokemon the only game you played in past Nintendo consoles and handhelds? I did that for some time but they have other games which are really good too.

Something has to have gone wrong while developing this game. There's no way gamefreak could have seen all this and thought "there will be no backlash at all!"

Be it some kind of data loss issue and having to start from scratch, them realizing that they are just straight awful at coding (ONE MILLION LILLIES FOR ALL), or that seance to put the ghost of Iwata in a host body to save them like he did for Gold and Silver failed... there's no way I can believe THIS was exactly what Gamefreak had in mind for these games.

I'm still gonna get Shield though. I have dumb brain and am easily pleased. I just wanna interact with pokemon and that's still in the game.

The reports of the post game Zacian or Zamazenta battle not having any music are concerning, though...
Given other situations, it might be some technical problem.

Something has to have gone wrong while developing this game. There's no way gamefreak could have seen all this and thought "there will be no backlash at all!"

Be it some kind of data loss issue and having to start from scratch, them realizing that they are just straight awful at coding (ONE MILLION LILLIES FOR ALL), or that seance to put the ghost of Iwata in a host body to save them like he did for Gold and Silver failed... there's no way I can believe THIS was exactly what Gamefreak had in mind for these games.

I'm still gonna get Shield though. I have dumb brain and am easily pleased. I just wanna interact with pokemon and that's still in the game.

Since I’m someone that followed BioWare and interacted with the community, it looks like the kind of situation that BioWare had developing several games from DA2 onwards. It might not be the same reason, but the game clearly had development problems.

I'm not sure what's the general problem with not having music for that kind of battle.

Pokémon Colosseum - the literal game the Game Freak 3D Pokémon games get compared to because Colosseum did a lot of things much better - had a boss battle that had no music, too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NofBhO9ZjXg

For me when I originally played it, and even now, it mostly just adds to the atmosphere.
I mean, it's better than the champion theme of SwSh... I like most battle themes, but the champion theme is basically some sorta remixed version of the hall of fame/credits track of older games and that kind of music makes a battle feel like a "reward battle" - the kind you can't lose, because it's just a reward.

Here for reference the champion theme:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqw1vgjlzbc

I'm not sure what's the general problem with not having music for that kind of battle.

Pokémon Colosseum - the literal game the Game Freak 3D Pokémon games get compared to because Colosseum did a lot of things much better - had a boss battle that had no music, too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NofBhO9ZjXg

For me when I originally played it, and even now, it mostly just adds to the atmosphere.
I mean, it's better than the champion theme of SwSh... I like most battle themes, but the champion theme is basically some sorta remixed version of the hall of fame/credits track of older games and that kind of music makes a battle feel like a "reward battle" - the kind you can't lose, because it's just a reward.

Here for reference the champion theme:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqw1vgjlzbc

That's not the champion theme exactly. It plays when facing Leon's last pokemon. Or so I have heard. So it kinda fits as a last stretch tbh.

Tbh what is there left to discuss? Almost everything is out already. This will be the first game since SoulSilver, almost 10 years ago, I am doubting if I will buy it.

Masters is not a popular game. It had a strong start, but has floundered hard and has been slowly recovering since. Maybe Go could serve as a platform, but it's still hard to determine if it'll be a stable space. Yes, we had Meltan and Melmetal introduced through Go, but they very much served as a means to market Let's Go, a set of games which were very clearly considered part of the mainline series until both its reception and poor performance showed TCPi that it might not work well. I'd be shocked (not negatively) if we ever see a new Pokemon introduced through Go again. At least in the foreseeable future.
Mainline games are a staple of this franchise, and they're vital towards keeping the ecosystem of the franchise healthy and thriving.
Quick addition that unlike GO, Masters is not even available everywhere. You can't play Masters here officially, cause of the loot-box style elements, so my country has banned it and it's not in the playstore.

Tbh what is there left to discuss? Almost everything is out already. This will be the first game since SoulSilver, almost 10 years ago, I am doubting if I will buy it.
If you’re in doubt, you can definitely wait to see if the game gets better, at least in terms of technical problems, with some patches.

I get it. Many of the complaints have me annoyed at some aspects of Game Freak too. But there's something about Pokemon games that make them really fun. XY are the games I like the least and I'd be lying to myself if I didn't have a blast playing it. So I'll be getting the games. I do hope overall they turn out to be fun.

By the way, I found something that I missed about the leveling between the eight gym leader and Leon. The former’s strongest is at 48...and Leon’s Charizard is at 65.

That...is going to be interesting. I don’t plan to overlevel for the gym leaders and
the tournament, as well as Eternatus’ fight.
but if there’s no time to train once you reached the champions cup, I might be underleved. It Might be fun.

Was Pokemon the only game you played in past Nintendo consoles and handhelds? I did that for some time but they have other games which are really good too.
Well... Pokemon were pretty much my only games for the Gameboy and 3DS (literally just got the 3DS to play Sun, wound up with a copy of Moon, and otherwise used it to play Shuffle). I've had other games for the DS and the non-handheld consoles, but I'm not that much of a gamer these days so it pretty much comes down to "What one game do I really want to play?" and Pokemon is pretty much my main interest. Something else might roll out but at the moment, I'm not hunting for anything else to persuade me into buying a Switch.

Okay, those howls in the first encounter music is really top notch. Really love how they inserted them in the music. Doesn't feel off.
This theme straight up gives me chills when I listen to it. It's so pretty, yet so mysterious at the same time. It makes me really excited to experience this encounter for myself for the first time in just a couple days.

__

I can see why people are still deciding, or have decided against getting the games. $60 (or whatever it is where you are) is a lot of money to pay for a game that you are not personally sure if you are going to even like. I understand that completely. I have skipped out on a small handful of Switch games that seem pretty cool, but I'm just unsure on how much I'll play them and if they're worth it. After only putting about 10 hours into Smash Ultimate since I got it the day after it released last year, I can very much understand wanting to be cautious.

I'm still optimistic about the games myself. I can clearly see some of the issues with the development, and definitely do not support TPC having them rush out new games every year. But I know that I am excited to play with all the brand new Pokemon, and am really excited to experience all the new characters and the diverse region, so I'm definitely glad I did that pre-order for them earlier this year.

Since the games are nearly out and there is really not much more to discuss in terms of pre-game stuff, I probably won't post much more here. I'll still stick around to post my Adventure Log when the games come out and talk about various aspects of the games on them, but after that my posts will probably be far and few between till another game is announced. I'll miss y'all here on the Rumor Bus, it's been fun.

I love how people keep talking about the $60 price...

I make the total I payed around half that ;)

That's not the champion theme exactly. It plays when facing Leon's last pokemon. Or so I have heard. So it kinda fits as a last stretch tbh.
I've watched the champion battle on stream and it plays the whole battle.

And no, a "reward battle" kind of music does not fit battling the supposedly strongest trainer of the region. The battle is supposed to be the hardest trainer-battle (lore-wise), that should have some epic music that makes you actually feel like battling the strongest, not music that sounds like you already won.

I love how people keep talking about the $60 price...

View attachment 128435

I make the total I payed around half that ;)
Good for you? I’ll have to pay the full price as well as import fees since Nintendo decided not to exist in my country.
Your experience is not at all indicative of the standard experience.

Again, the game can and should be better than what it turned out to be. If Game Freak can't accept the idea of making patches that include new content, then they are behind everybody else in the gaming industry. Literately every other developer does patches that include new content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom