• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me decide... hardest decision ever.

Good for you? I’ll have to pay the full price as well as import fees since Nintendo decided not to exist in my country.
Your experience is not at all indicative of the standard experience.

Sorry, wasn't trying to rub salt in the wound or anything, it's just nice when things work out well, I realise not everyone can get the same price, but I'm happy I managed a good deal.

Again, the game can and should be better than what it turned out to be. If Game Freak can't accept the idea of making patches that include new content, then they are behind everybody else in the gaming industry. Literately every other developer does patches that include new content.

Even if not new content, patches to fix the technical issues would help greatly. Or even for implementing toggles for the exp.

I fear that the majority of those that will go blind without even reading reviews (I dearly hope that those address the situation to help players adjust their experience to how the game works), will be massively overleved in the first run.

Another problem with the Wild Area, in terms of pre-release streaming and leaks, is that the barren nature (in population) Don’t mash well with the inability to access online features beforehand.

If there’ll be a sizable number of players on when you’re online, I think the feeling on itwill be different, but it’s certainly a divisive feature, as not everyone might think the trade-off is worth it, or like being in a online-sort of world.

Last edited:
One thing I wish is that people would really stop with freaking death threats. No, no one deserves to die over liking or not liking a game, no, the developers don’t deserve to die and no, anyone sharing a hashtag to show their displeasure doesn’t deserve to die either.

And at this point it’s really "both sides" since I just returned after reading a twitter post that literally says:
"if you're tweeting #gamefreaklied unalive yourself right now please"

I don’t know what motivates people to be so vehemently defending/"passionate" to the point of death threats for a franchise.

The fact that the models were reused was kinda obvious since June. I think the journalist may have misunderstood the actual words from GF. After all the dexit protest and the "we had to cut pokemon to make better animations" It would have been quite dumb to lie about it, considering the truth, at some point, would have come out.

Reviews are coming in less then an hour.
I’m starting to feel that the reviewers won’t be kind (not that they have to be) with the games and their problems.
I think they’d be milder since the reviewers I’ve seen so far commented that Dexit was blown out of proportion, with some not even knowing the reason why people are outraged over it, and calling it unwarranted without knowing the full story.
A Pokemon game might get a decent score by default, too.

Reviews are coming in less then an hour.
I’m starting to feel that the reviewers won’t be kind (not that they have to be) with the games and their problems.

Eh...I wouldn't put too much faith in that. The game is certainly going to get high scores, at least in the mid 80 to low 90's if impressions are anything to go by, done by reviewers.

I think they’d be milder since the reviewers I’ve seen so far commented that Dexit was blown out of proportion, with some not even knowing the reason why people are outraged over it, and calling it unwarranted without knowing the full story.
If the problem was only Dexit, I’d agree with you.
It’s the technical problems that I feel will drop the scores, as well as the Wild Area. Not only because of its technical quality, but because it’s clearly meant to be enjoyed online, and if they couldn’t access the online features, I’m quite sure the bareness of it isn’t going to be appreciated.

The same might go for the leveling. While Pokémon games aren’t hard, if they played the game as always, there’ll be some serious overleving in the reviews.

I don’t expect the MC to be in the 80s, at this point.
Either way, the reactions are going to be Wild.

It's 100% sure no reviewer will focus on dexit or the lack of postgame or the difficulty of the games. They never really do or simply they never consider them a big flaw. The only big issue they could consider while reviewing is the tecnical department which has many flaws that someone who has played a lot of games cannot ignore.

One thing I wish is that people would really stop with freaking death threats. No, no one deserves to die over liking or not liking a game, no, the developers don’t deserve to die and no, anyone sharing a hashtag to show their displeasure doesn’t deserve to die either.

And at this point it’s really "both sides" since I just returned after reading a twitter post that literally says:
"if you're tweeting #gamefreaklied unalive yourself right now please"

I don’t know what motivates people to be so vehemently defending/"passionate" to the point of death threats for a franchise.
Imo it's a thing of one side always feeling the need to push the other back again, riling each other up.
This is one of the few cases where the saying "the smart one gives in" applies because if both sides keep going...ouch.

The marketing didn't bother me at all tbh, and I also don't really care about the reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom