• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the complain about reusing old models, you can't be serious right? The models of the pokemon in sun and moon where for most of them pretty great. So it's not a problem at all for me that they re-use older models. BOTW2 will probably use the same models as the first one and no one complain, Zelda Majora's mask and Ocarina of time uses the same models but thoses games where pretty good isn't it? Yes animation can be better, and for me this is the main complain for this game. But there are some that are really cool like the fire ball from ciderace and the finger shot from inteleon.
The reason people are complaining about the models is because GameFreak said that they cut more than half the Dex because they had to remake the models from scratch and give us better animations. Both of the ended up being lies..

I’m going to see if I’ll actually enjoy the game based on what’s there and what’s cut before shelling out more than $360 on it.

They clearly don’t expect us to do that, as evidenced by the handholding complaints though. And they usually make extreme decisions so children don’t face difficulties, but this is exactly the sort of thing people might actually miss.

I mean, is there a reason why it couldn’t be added into the settings (didn’t LGPE have this in settings? Or it was another key item?) or if they’re so intent on a key item, have it be given to the player by the player's mother at the beginning of the journey.

It just feels needlessly complicated and convoluted when the option could simply be in settings.
Sure. And next up let's get all 8 badges along with the champion title from mom in the beginning. It just feels needlessly complicated and convoluted to travel a whole region, do missions and battle gym leaders and a league, if you can just start out with all the things.

Seriously, this kind of "hand me everything right off the bat, no need to let me do literally anything in the game" attitude makes me consider maybe Game Freak knows their fanbase better than we think.

I'm not even sure why people genuinely consider this an issue to begin with?

Granted it's not as egregious as USUM's unmentioned Gyro/Joystick toggle NPC on a completely different island from where you use Ultra Warp Ride, but still, it's just a needless extra step when they could just... y'know... have the sound settings in the options menu to begin with.

Sure. And next up let's get all 8 badges along with the champion title from mom in the beginning. It just feels needlessly complicated and convoluted to travel a whole region, do missions and battle gym leaders and a league, if you can just start out with all the things.

Seriously, this kind of "hand me everything right off the bat, no need to let me do literally anything in the game" attitude makes me consider maybe Game Freak knows their fanbase better than we think.
Are you seriously comparing a QoL setting to the entire premise of the game?

That’s like asking for the "Choose your Language" setting with various languages only being accessible if you talk to random NPCs throughout the game with no indication they’re the settings NPCs.

What about hiding the brightness setting behind a random house in a random town?

Last edited:

I take Gamexplain's review of SwSh as the only one that really spoke on the real flaws and positives with the game.

Can't remember the guys name that reviewed it but trust me; "I like SwSh and the quality of life changes are great.. but as a CASUAL player, there just wasn't enough for me to sink my teeth into" < do you know how much that statement hurts my ears as a hardcore and competitive player, nevermind dexit, I pray at this point Gamefreak hands over the next games to some other company or work alongside another and just be honest about it moving forward.

Hearing about the lack of trainers, basic copy/paste of SM's story with just a few more twists, and the fact that a lot of the cities are more empty than previous "bigger scale" cities is pretty much the tip of the iceberg for me.

I know have no doubt in my mind that SwSh were originally a 3DS game and it was simply moved over. Of course we'll never know because Masuda and Ohmori clearly have no real intention of connecting or listening to any fan regarding anything they personally don't care about or see fit to change.

I'm glad I'm waiting to buy SwSh now because at least any potential patches (that I PRAY happen) will at least try to rectify some of the bad.

I want to add:

Despite the negative comments, most of the reviews are, as expected, good. What I mean is that there are really few reviews that say that they didn't enjoy the games for (enter whatever reason). So I would say that the general response right now is: not perfect, may improve many things, but good.

I mean, either a)they reused the models and lied about making things from scratch, or b) did make things from scratch and for some reason made new models...that have negligible nearly non-existent changes. :confused: Either way, it's disappointing.
A question from someone without much experience on it, wouldn’t the triangle count being different (varying from very little for Clefairy to more for Bulbasaur and Noivern) means that the models have been touched upon.

Whether it’s a modification or a full remodel it’s up to someone clearly more expert then me. I do believe that they were only touched, but that’s also because the models appeared to look the same whenever we saw them in trailers and such. The defense was that even if looking the same it didn’t mean they weren’t worked over from scratch, so the fact that the triangle count is different, wouldn’t still support their theory?

I was going to ask about the triangles too. I am not sure that gamefreak "lied". I am thinking there may have been a miswording or they have a different perspective of "redoing models".
Please help me decide... hardest decision ever.
View attachment 128436
pink and cream with the hearts. :)

On the other hand I think I am gonna jump off of here for a bit. It is almost friday anyway and I am still getting the game and will be playing. social media feels like they traveled back into time to earlier this year with the models and dex talk and then there is the negativity (which i do consider separate personally) that shows up too and is growing. I don't think things are as bad as so many people make them out to be. But,... I guess we will all see super soon. Cheers

To be quite honest, Game Freak should just stop doing extremes when it comes to features in their games. The EXP Share was perfect as a held item, it actually helped the grinding without making it easy. It was the right balance on how Pokemon should be leveled, just focusing on which Pokemon was behind the others. Off course, Game Freak should've at least introduced either modes or variants that targets which Pokemon to give experience to rather than changing the EXP Share entirely.

To be quite honest, Game Freak should just stop doing extremes when it comes to features in their games. The EXP Share was perfect as a held item, it actually helped the grinding without making it easy. It was the right balance on how Pokemon should be leveled, just focusing on which Pokemon was behind the others. Off course, Game Freak should've at least introduced either modes or variants that targets which Pokemon to give experience to rather than changing the EXP Share entirely.
The choice they made is not bad. The problem is not that your pokemon gain experience all together. The problem is that they didn't put too much effort in adjusting the levels of the trainers and gyms. The problem is always the same: the games cannot be too difficult because of children. So, apparently, they changed the exp. share but not the actual diffuculty of the games to match your own experience.

I saw couple of pics that shows the interior of houses of the people and they all look the same. lol I can smell people rage now

The choice they made is not bad. The problem is not that your pokemon gain experience all together. The problem is that they didn't put too much effort in adjusting the levels of the trainers and gyms. The problem is always the same: the games cannot be too difficult because of children. So, apparently, they changed the exp. share but not the actual diffuculty of the games to match your own experience.
I think the problem is that you can’t switch it off. If previously someone felt that the Exp Share is making then overlevelled they could simply switch it off. Now everyone's stuck with it.

The problem that I have with that is that even with an increase of levels that would lead the eight gym to be around 57-58, there’s enough things to do and exp candy to match it if you’re playing casual. There’s absolutely no reason to not increase them.

The irony is that there’s a level spike at the end in the later story fights, which forces people to grind out of nowhere if you’re not overleved.

I find the competitive point strange. Yeah some meta defining Pokemon returned, but they also gave a majority of the previous Pokemon notable moveset buffs like Hydreigon getting Nasty Plot and Heliolisk Weather Ball and Discharge. Between that and the new Pokemon and moves It's too early to be saying that competitive will be in a worse place.

The 'Pokemon that fit/don't fit Britian' is also a strange point, Pokemon has never been 1:1 with their animals so I'm not sure why Gen 8 is being picked on exclusively for that.

I find the competitive point strange. Yeah some meta defining Pokemon returned, but they also gave a majority of the previous Pokemon notable moveset buffs like Hydreigon getting Nasty Plot and Heliolisk Weather Ball and Discharge. Between that and the new Pokemon and moves It's too early to be saying that competitive will be in a worse place.

The 'Pokemon that fit/don't fit Britian' is also a strange point, Pokemon has never been 1:1 with their animals so I'm not sure why Gen 8 is being picked on exclusively for that.

On top of that, Z-Moves have just been substituted out for Max Moves so every Pokémon can still use them. They're not that much more "useless" on that count. And as for Mega Evolutions, only 12 Pokémon that had them even made it into SwoShi, most of whom do just fine without them (Gyarados, Gardevoir, Tyranitar, etc.)

Yeah right lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom