• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the competitive point strange. Yeah some meta defining Pokemon returned, but they also gave a majority of the previous Pokemon notable moveset buffs like Hydreigon getting Nasty Plot and Heliolisk Weather Ball and Discharge. Between that and the new Pokemon and moves It's too early to be saying that competitive will be in a worse place.

The 'Pokemon that fit/don't fit Britian' is also a strange point, Pokemon has never been 1:1 with their animals so I'm not sure why Gen 8 is being picked on exclusively for that.

Yeah, some of the stuff on that list falls into pure “petty” territory. Each region is “inspired” by a real-life area, but it’s never a mirror image. And frequently, a single Pokémon will draw inspiration from multiple sources. There are several lines with ties to the UK (including a couple more obscure references, like the Cufant line); if the entire ‘dex were to be filled with them, it would just become a parody.

For context though, that looks like it's from circa Gen 5? That was a decade ago, and when they were only just starting to crack into 3D development, let alone HD development. They're not clairvoyant, and circumstances can change dramatically in such a wide range of time. Pretty sure we've all said something or made a claim that aged poorly after ten years.

A pair of memes to express myself

Before ingame animations

After ingame animations

A pair of memes to express myself
View attachment 128442
Before ingame animations
View attachment 128443
After ingame animations

IIRC, Cinderace was also pretty unpopular pre-animations as well. At least I remember a lot of hate being thrown it's way on here and other sites after the guide image first hit.

Then again, I don't think I've seen anything on Rillaboom, so it may be a bit early on it as well.

So...the hashtag #GameFreakLied is trending all around the world with over 64000 tweets (it's 1st in my country). Apparently it's because of the reused models.
Now imagine those poor guys at GF waking up each day like: "God, please, let today hashtag be good".

Also, people are disliking ign positive review like they did with the threehouse, which is something bad cause no one should received that treatment just for making a professional review. Each professional and critical point of view on the games, positive and negative, is always a good and useful thing.

So...the hashtag #GameFreakLied is trending all around the world with over 64000 tweets (it's 1st in my country). Apparently it's because of the re-used models.
Now imagine those poor guys at GF waking up each day like: "God, please, let today hashtag be good".

Also, people are disliking ign positive review like they did with the threehouse, which is something bad cause no one should received that treatment just for making a professional review. Each professional and critical point of view on the games, positive and negative, is always a good and useful thing.
Real hard to take people's complaints if you're going to act like A-hats a out it. and yes I know it's not the majority of you guys, but still

They're not clairvoyant, and circumstances can change dramatically in such a wide range of time.
He said something similar last year when asked about LGPE-future transfers. He even mentioned that RS' lack of backwards compatibility was perceived negatively:

"There have been times where you couldn’t bring Pokémon over from previous titles – I imagine that created some bad memories. I want to try and change that, if I can."

He said something similar last year when asked about LGPE-future transfers. He even mentioned that RS' lack of backwards compatibility was perceived negatively.

Then in that instance, yeah, it probably was just a PR smokescreen since they weren't ready to drop the bomb yet, probably said while shifting nervously.

I still don't think citing a quote from 2010 accomplishes much though. I mean yeah I guess it's "ironic" and good for a couple yucks.

Of all the reviews I've read, this one hits it home for me on why I won't get these games:

(edit: The one Joker901 was talking about.)

Simply put, while there are plenty of quality of life improvements, it is lacking in one huge aspect of why I loved Pokemon games:

Exploration

According to the review, 'dungeons' in the games as we know it are dead, linear paths that are no more complex than the Viridian Forest. The wild area is also so clear and void of obstacles that it in itself does not function very well like the wondrous, winding paths of locations made in past games.

I don't get it... I really liked wondering through those places, and these games are totally gutted out of them? Without them, there's just no reward for exploration, and you might as well be walking in a straight path of tourist attractions in this game.

Of all the reviews I've read, this one hits it home for me on why I won't get these games:

(edit: The one Joker901 was talking about.)

Simply put, while there are plenty of quality of life improvements, it is lacking in one huge aspect of why I loved Pokemon games:

Exploration

According to the review, 'dungeons' in the games as we know it are dead, linear paths that are no more complex than the Viridian Forest. The wild area is also so clear and void of obstacles that it in itself does not function very well like the wondrous, winding paths of locations made in past games.

I don't get it... I really liked wondering through those places, and these games are totally gutted out of them? Without them, there's just no reward for exploration, and you might as well be walking in a straight path of tourist attractions in this game.

Unless Eurogamer is exaggerating, then that'll be one of my biggest gripes with the game as well. Exploration should always be a part of Pokemon; the whole point is that you're going on a JOURNEY, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom