• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real hard to take people's complaints if you're going to act like A-hats a out it. and yes I know it's not the majority of you guys, but still
Literally (almost, to be safe) no one on these forums is doing that, so I feel that it’s a bit weird that you point it out again and again on a place where (mostly) everyone's criticising in a civil.

Sounds like it's super biased.

Much like the loud part of the fandom.
I found it pretty rational. It doesn’t even list Dexit as a huge issue.
Care to point out the irrational parts?

Not every negative review is biased.

I found the statement for the petition hahaha;

"
We, the people of the United States of America strive for quality goods and entertainment. We, the People of the United States want what is best for our children. We, the people of the United States want what is best in our stores.

President Trump and Congress, the newest Pokemon games by Game Freak and Nintendo are negatively impacting the market with questionable decisions. We believe if the sales of the games were to stop, it will wake up Game Freak and we’ll get quality back. This will set a bad standard in the markets if these were to get sold. We, as both Pokemon fans but more importantly, American Citizens believe this is violating our Market rights and need something done about this."

The Pokemon world as we know it... has gone mad. Lol.
No offence but it legitimately sounds like it was written by the stereotypical pompous America-is-the-best folks...

According to Twitter, Pokemon Sword/Shield's code guarantees that any pokemon too high level for you to catch cannot be shiny.

Also, just to add my thoughts on the current discussion, like a lot of other people the reviews certainly have me worried. Particularly GameXplain's as I don't do a lot of the competitive side of the games. However, Sword and Shield might change that for me with some of the improvements in that area.
My doubts and worries are certainly not going to stop me from buying, playing and undoubtedly enjoying these games for what they are.

According to Twitter, Pokemon Sword/Shield's code guarantees that any pokemon too high level for you to catch cannot be shiny.

Also, just to add my thoughts on the current discussion, like a lot of other people the reviews certainly have me worried. Particularly GameXplain's as I don't do a lot of the competitive side of the games. However, Sword and Shield might change that for me with some of the improvements in that area.
My doubts and worries are certainly not going to stop me from buying, playing and undoubtedly enjoying these games for what they are.
That'd be a nice counter to the inability to catch high leveled mons.

The competitive easiness to build competitive Pokèmon, as well Dynamax, and cut Pokèmon, seems to imply that they worked a lot with the competitive aspect of the games in mind, or at least the VGC (the singles format, with all the cut, might've lead to certain Pokèmon to be quite overkill, but we'll see how the situation evolves.). Dynamax works best, seemingly, with VGC format, the cut is something (some) VGC are really happy about it (though I wonder how all are going to react since Incineroar will be eventually back), the new abilities and moves seem to work well with VGC (thing about Inteleon's signature move, that prevents his water move to be drained, or Cinderace's second signature that swaps effects on the two sides of the field), or even the fact that now Fake Out (a staple in VGC), is a partially risky move, as the Dynamax mon can't be blocked by it.

On the other aspects of the game, it'd definitely depend on the person, as reviewers all have different opinions in mind, between lackluster (maybe even bad) to great for each field. My personal gripe is mainly with the pacing issues and possible difficulty of the game, although to be fair, for me except a few battles in Gen 7 and early gyms fighting trainers with not complete teams, while using a full team, always lead to the battles being easy, not to mention the typing problems with trainers. So I'll see how difficult the game is by not overleveling and using the same numbers of Pokèmon of the gym leaders/rivals.

What definitely isn't good (although I guess your perception of it might vary depending on how much you care about it) is the graphical aspect of the games. It seems quite rushed to me.
The fact that LGPE were perfect technically (artstyle I'd say SwSh are much, much better), makes me believe that there were some serious problems in development for Gen 8...or that the games weren't thought for Switch in mind at first.

I noticed they were really lazy with the names of the badges: Grass badges, Dark badges etc
There can beauty in simplicity too and it isn't like we haven't had simple Badge names before (Heat, Plain, Stone, etc.). In my opinion, given how culturally fun and festive the Gym Battles appear to be, I can forgive the unimaginative names of the Badges.

That’s one of the better steps! Will prevent a lot of disappointments.
I must say I am disappointed in Marnies and Bedes story, how it is solved
Whay is Bede and Marinie's story? The bits I know about Bede is He has no family, grew up in an orphanage, was given a Pokemon by Rose, worked to get wishing stars got himself disqualified, interrupted the final match for some reason and in the end became a gym leader under Opal.

And what’s Team Yell's role or does it get resolved? I’d appreciate if someone could answer these questions.

You're talking about a move that cuts your opponent's HP down by a quarter each turn on top of whatever other attacks you throw at them- it wouldn't exactly be fair if you got to freely chop away at huge chunks of their HP without sacrificing some of your own health. So no, that's most likely not something that they will ever give an ability or any sort of move to circumvent.

Ah yes, how strange. Sound and poison go hand-in-hand so well, after all. /s

for a weak defensive pokemon? or one with very bad type advantage even paired with ghost ?
"Curse" could change but would stop with switching out... if Run away would only... I think it's possible if they wanted.
They could change it at make it a other kind of Curse damage to 1/6?
activate by physical or maybe special contact when getting attacked?
A G-move should be special... if they plan to add some more G-pokemon then Curse would be perfect as a G-move?

We got Perish Body Cursola... interesting what other old and new ghost and other type of pokemon could get Perish Body?
Decidueye? Froslass? Dhelmise? Palossand? Spiritomb? Dusknoir?
(perfect ability for a fire/ghost starter in future too)

We got 5 ghost lines with Cursed Body...
Weird that Gengar Frosslas, Jellicent line, Banette line, Gengar, Alolan Marowak and no of the grass/ghost or ground/ghost go it when they would need it more. Weird because fairy and dark types should be possible to get that too taking tat Cursed Bodies don't need to be always ghost related in my opinion... "Bodies" not souls... the same with Perish Body...

At least ghost got some new ability to it's own type, taking Wonder Guard, Cursed Body, Perish Body, thats 3 exclusive to ghost...
and Rattled and Scrappy against them...

_
Better question for a new thread: what old moves that got "cut" will come back next games? or could get changed in future?
Pursuit physical dark 40 , doubles when oponent escapes but doesnt work on teleport and batton pass or any pokemon beeing forced to switch out? Gumshoos with Stake Out and it , hmm 160 power against ghosts...
Maybe that's why they avoided some moves to test new ones better and think how to change old ones in future because some colided in game play and created in game failures and loops?

Did someone checked what old abilities, moves have changed or what older pokemon got for nerfs and buffs, new ability changes?
do we have a list or something? somewhere?
Queenly majesty? Stake Out? Gale wings? Water compaction? anything? type related too?
_
Future changes , buffs, nerfs and restrictions to Dynamax and G-max?
do you think that we will be able to use D-max more times like Z-moves? two D-max=1 G-max? or something like that kind?
After Eternatus got beated do you think the profesor will be a able to control the phenomenom better via Y-ring and Rotom-dex to allow us to use it on more pokemon and even reveal new G-max forms next games? Some like Frostmoth or starters? or allow Wolfs to G-max too?
Also sealing Eternatus back may have effects on Galar and ther regions?

Realy interesting possible plot twist they have created here with Eternatus and Arceus generation wise taking it was on earth so long... Both would have contact? Intersting if the could change Zygardes ability to work similar like G-max and transform based on hp for some turns and decide about the way to transform it.
____
Morpeko only rises speed via Aura Wheel? a little lame? hoped for "all stats" like Omnious wind kinda and better stats in Hangry mode.
Barracuda and Intelleon moves and abilities to hit pokemon who use moves and abilities to drain moves in... could have made it bigger and go through protects and destroy screens...
__
Grassy surge for grass starter? weak... hoped for new sound ability or soundproof. and steel or rock type...
Libero with fire... nice but , could have electric, magnet rise or that move to change hazards asit's ability and electric typing, then electro ball would fit in too well... Libero... why not Long Reach? does Pyro Ball as physical make contact with the foe?
Sniper, good offensive ability ... only if it would be ghost or poison as secondary...a water/poison type with motor drive would be cool...
hope it gets a more spy oriented ability in next games, Illusion(perfect for a spy and speedster) or "Invisibility"(for more pokemon because 3 or 4 look like they could come invisibile into the battle) would be great here...

Last edited:
That’s one of the better steps! Will prevent a lot of disappointments.

Whay is Bede and Marinie's story? The bits I know about Bede is He has no family, grew up in an orphanage, was given a Pokemon by Rose, worked to get wishing stars got himself disqualified, interrupted the final match for some reason and in the end became a gym leader under Opal.

And what’s Team Yell's role or does it get resolved? I’d appreciate if someone could answer these questions.

Basically that for Bede.
Team Yell members are
gym trainers for the Dark gym in the game. The leader is Marnie’s brother that sent them to help and defend her in her journey.

Ah yes, how strange. Sound and poison go hand-in-hand so well, after all. /s

"The moths eat lots of plants that contain potential toxins"

theoretically a sound move that would cause poisoning should be able to happen.

and radioactive isotopes emit light and sound waves actually. electromagnetic energy also emmits sounds not only light energy...
Vibrations...

Poisonous animals like tiger moths and Acoustic ranging in poison frogs—it is not about signal amplitude alone...

So, the games scored (for now) 81/100 on metacritic and 80/100 on Opencritic. While the result is certainly positive, it is also kinda the same of let's go games and below every other main 3ds game. In particular it is the lowest score for the first couple of a new gen main games (Pokemon x/y got 88/100 and sun/moon got 87/100 on metacritic and 86/100 and 87/100 on opencritic).

Midnight has rolled around in the easternmost part of the world and now moves west. Less than 12 hours left for me until my eShop copy of Shield unlocks. I’m going to sign off now until I’ve finished the main story. I’ve been waiting for this since E3 2017 and I can’t believe it’s finally here. Thank you all for this crazy leak season and the pre-release discussions.

See you on the other side.

So, the games scored (for now) 81/100 on metacritic and 80/100 on Opencritic. While the result is certainly positive, it is also kinda the same of let's go games and below every other main 3ds game. In particular it is the lowest score for the first couple of a new gen main games (Pokemon x/y got 88/100 and sun/moon got 87/100 on metacritic and 86/100 and 87/100 on opencritic).
that will make them read more us fans online and work longer on the game next times also they tried to overdo our expectations.
I need to admire how much they tried to do, created a Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Lord of The Rings, League of Legends, Witcher open world and implemented so many new pokemon and G-forms... moves and abilities.

They forget that younger players also use online forums and read coments of older players...
like I said the game needs 3 level hardness, one for amateur, one medium and one advanced player with level adjustment.
With strategies , moves, effects, weather, abilities and items inbuild strategies more.

With the open world it's still better.

Gen 4 remakes and Sword and Shield sequel will give them time to add things and repair stuff, add moves.
I need to admire they tried alredy with the Pikachu and Evee games a lot.

Hope they change that poster and Leon for his brother next games :
Instead of Charizard, Machamp and Gengar, give us Cinderace, Inteleon, Rillaboom, Grimsnarl and Dragonpult on a poster together as mascots of this gen.
And make other pokemon get G-max, because Frostmoth , Dragonpult and some others would love it too
and make us battle against Megas too. That was the thing lack of the Megas in it...
the confrontation of mechanics with each other would be much cooler.

If they focus next 9 gen games on abilities , moves and new pokemon it will be good if they use the scratches from this game but do a more desert oriented area next time where icy mountain and ice caves and cold nights could allow for some new ice pokemon...

How was the Eiscue not ice/dark?how?

Duradulons G-moves effect seriously? better would be destroying terrains, shields and making something better, unique

Mr Rime? Cleaning screens? why not pulling them on your side to use them with a new turn count from the start? or creating a move to use the screens that were on to the field before? Don't get them? maybe a G-max Mr Rime in head somewhere?

Maybe the goat/sheep could get Parental Bond?

Last edited:
Midnight has rolled around in the easternmost part of the world and now moves west. Less than 12 hours left for me until my eShop copy of Shield unlocks. I’m going to sign off now until I’ve finished the main story. I’ve been waiting for this since E3 2017 and I can’t believe it’s finally here. Thank you all for this crazy leak season and the pre-release discussions.

See you on the other side.

Enjoy the game! :D

Also, does anyone know if Jolteon did actually get Electro Ball added to it's moveset? Can someone confirm that for me please and also if it got any other new moves besides Copycat and the other one that the eeveelutions all got.

do we have a natural Parental Bond candidate this generation? a non mega?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom