• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I see the whole situation of Pokemon and the state of Game Freak at the moment...

Gen 1 - 3 (The Rise)
Gen 4 (The Peak)
Gen 5 (The High Noon)
Gen 6 - 8 (The Decline)

Perhaps it's to do with the changing times we're living in where mobiles and transactions are all the rage, at least Pokemon are trying to be generous compared with most. I don't think they'll ever be like the past 5 Gens since transitioning to 3D, in which is already proving to be more than they can chew. What people will think is a renaissance is but a bubble rising from the sinking wreck that is about to burst hard unless they turn things around.

I truly want SwSh to succeed, I am buying the games because I've longed for them, however I don't think they would make it as impressive as Gen 3, 4 or 5 were, and instead just want to be safe by making it something like Gen 7. Until they come out, I am trying to give the games some hope of improvements.

This is how I see the whole situation of Pokemon and the state of Game Freak at the moment...

Gen 1 - 3 (The Rise)
Gen 4 (The Peak)
Gen 5 (The High Noon)
Gen 6 - 8 (The Decline)

Perhaps it's to do with the changing times we're living in where mobiles and transactions are all the rage, at least Pokemon are trying to be generous compared with most. I don't think they'll ever be like the past 5 Gens since transitioning to 3D, in which is already proving to be more than they can chew. What people will think is a renaissance is but a bubble rising from the sinking wreck that is about to burst hard unless they turn things around.

I truly want SwSh to succeed, I am buying the games because I've longed for them, however I don't think they would make it as impressive as Gen 3, 4 or 5 were, and instead just want to be safe by making it something like Gen 7. Until they come out, I am trying to give the games some hope of improvements.
How is this even relevant to a leak repository thread?

I think peek and high noon are starting now with gen 6, 7 and 8. They need only to focus on bassics.

Gen 1 - 3 (The Rise)
Gen 4 (The Peak)
Gen 5 (The High Noon)
Gen 6 - 8 (The Decline)

This is entirely subjective and has nothing to do with this thread.

Gen 1 - 3 (The Rise)
Gen 4 (The Peak)
Gen 5 (The High Noon)
Gen 6 - 8 (The Decline)

I think you would need to discuss sales. I heard that OR/AS had the most sales for a 2ndary-released games.

And didn't someone say something about LG/PE was mostly an attempt to get Pokemon Go fans into Pokemon (whom were not fans prior) and so that's pretty strategic. Imo GameFreak and especially Nintendo are rich.

A friend told me this was posted on the French site accidentally?

Attachments

• 8215C029-6FE8-4719-B7B4-1523775B191A.png
    8215C029-6FE8-4719-B7B4-1523775B191A.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 148
They need to prove You didnt predict it.
Someone predicting major secrets of a game before its release is a lot less likely than a leak.

For anybody to have any consequences, they'd need to find their identity first-you can't just tell a court you'd like to sue "anonymous 4chan user" for violating an NDA. And if they find who they are, they'd have a record of their involvement with the game. Nobody could possibly claim "Oh, I did playtest the game and see this stuff, but I also just 'predicted' it on 4Chan after seeing it."

Someone predicting major secrets of a game before its release is a lot less likely than a leak.

For anybody to have any consequences, they'd need to find their identity first-you can't just tell a court you'd like to sue "anonymous 4chan user" for violating an NDA. And if they find who they are, they'd have a record of their involvement with the game. Nobody could possibly claim "Oh, I did playtest the game and see this stuff, but I also just 'predicted' it on 4Chan after seeing it."
Pretty sure most of these accurate-leaks are due to GF and Nintendo staff leaking them out to their friends, family, etc.

So if they did know who the leakers were, the leakers could snitch on the staff of GF and Nintendo, and that would cause the companies to go after their own. They most likely wouldn't want that.

Pretty sure most of these accurate-leaks are due to GF and Nintendo staff leaking them out to their friends, family, etc.

So if they did know who the leakers were, the leakers could snitch on the staff of GF and Nintendo, and that would cause the companies to go after their own. They most likely wouldn't want that.
They could just fire them? Being part of a company doesn't give you a free pass to violate NDAs.

To be honest it would not surprise me if they had a “leaker” as a worker. I mean in terms of them actually hiring as such. You set someone up with real info that they intend to drop anyway. It keeps people interested and discussing the product, but no one knows for sure until they actually drop the info. This serves two purposes. It keeps people focused on the product, hunting for the real leaks, and it serves to dish out those who actually leaked info within the company. Especially because some of the accurate ones do piggyback and then add a couple of differences. This is personally what I would if it was a problem, but I guarantee some of them would actually leak ahead of time for the credit or fun of it, and I imagine they do try and hunt them down to fire them...or sue. Whatever it is they do.

Another dex leak has surfaced, but i am not gonna post it, since its fake anyways (It lists Wooper line getting a Galarian form and evolution), while regular Quagsire has already been confirmed, since it was in one of the trailer. So if you stumble upon that one, you know already that its fake.

Another dex leak has surfaced, but i am not gonna post it, since its fake anyways (It lists Wooper line getting a Galarian form and evolution), while regular Quagsire has already been confirmed, since it was in one of the trailer. So if you stumble upon that one, you know already that its fake.
jesus, this people need to check which pokemon we already saw lmao

Yes. And what i found out later and which is funny, is that the leak ends with 911. Their is no way Gamefreak will ever let a dex end on 911, especially not in a region where they are 'cutting pokemon'.
Why? That number only means something in the US and Philippines.

9/11 is a banned Pokemon nickname. They don't do that without a reason. So Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company also care about it.
They used the dex slot 666. I think that using the 911 dex slot won't be a problem, considering it's only a real issue in two countries (the US and Philippines).

They used the dex slot 666. I think that using the 911 dex slot won't be a problem, considering it's only a real issue in two countries (the US and Philippines).

They didn't end with it though. Thats the difference. 666 is also not banned as a Pokemon nickname, while 9/11 is. Thats why i also think they will avoid 911 for a starter number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom