• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god. If it was true, catching the Za-wolfs would be hell.

Leak is fake.
Zacian has an ability that makes every move SE. Zamazenta has an ability that makes every move not SE. Which means that if they are fighting eachother, the abilities cancel eachother out, making it neutral and making the abilities pointless.
I also doubt Pachirisu makes the game if we get Squirrel Pokemon, especially with Morpeko and Pikachu already confirmed.
Kalos pokédex had Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, dedenne, and Pachirisu. They haven't cared about 'repeating' things like that ever.

And I mean, so what if the legends' abilities cancel another out? It'd make them normally effective instead of super or not very. I don't see how that means it's fake. It's actually smart, making them opposites that are even matches against each other. The reveal trailer implied exactly that, they were even matches that stopped battling when an unknown entity caught their attention.

Leak is fake.
Zacian has an ability that makes every move SE. Zamazenta has an ability that makes every move not SE. Which means that if they are fighting eachother, the abilities cancel eachother out, making it neutral and making the abilities pointless.
I also doubt Pachirisu makes the game if we get Squirrel Pokemon, especially with Morpeko and Pikachu already confirmed.
Didn't we see in the 2's debut they kinda do already cancel each other out?

Leak is fake.
Not that I believe the rumor at this point, but the abilities cancelling each other out isn't a big deal and would match the irresistible force paradox that the small bit of info for them on the official website implies.

My greater concern would just be the fact that Zacian is super effective against everything else- that sounds more broken than the fact that Zamazenta might potentially cancel it.

Kalos pokédex had Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, dedenne, and Pachirisu. They haven't cared about 'repeating' things like that ever.

And I mean, so what if the legends' abilities cancel another out? It'd make them normally effective instead of super or not very. I don't see how that means it's fake. It's actually smart, making them opposites that are even matches against each other. The reveal trailer implied exactly that, they were even matches that stopped battling when an unknown entity caught their attention.

Is it safe to assume that thing Zacian and Zamazenta looked to the sky at is Eternatus?

Isn't the theme of this generation the strongest pokemon. Being always SE offensively and NE Defensively makes perfect sense especially for these game "Sword" and "Shield". Plus hasn't everyone be speculating that Zacian would get something to make him a monster offensively and Zamazenta something that would make him a monster Defensively, those two abilities would be perfect for them.

Hmm... do you think Gamefreak would care? I mean they are legendaries they are sorta supposed to be overpowered. Plus if you try to balance them then when it comes to comparing them to other legendaries you run into the problem of "If you are the only one balanced and everyone else isn't balanced, you aren't actually balanced." Plus it feels like trying to balance them when the theme of this gen is supposed to be the "Strongest Pokemon" kind of goes against that theme. And finally I feel like if they did try to balance them they would go the regigigas route and not so much balance them but make them pretty worthless as legendaries.

Hmm... do you think Gamefreak would care? I mean they are legendaries they are sorta supposed to be overpowered. Plus if you try to balance them then when it comes to comparing them to other legendaries you run into the problem of "If you are the only one balanced and everyone else isn't balanced, you aren't actually balanced." Plus it feels like trying to balance them when the theme of this gen is supposed to be the "Strongest Pokemon" kind of goes against that theme. And finally I feel like if they did try to balance them they would go the regigigas route and not so much balance them but make them pretty worthless as legendaries.
However, making the box legends Mega Rayquaza tier of overpowered is not a very good idea.

The SE and NE abilities would mess up competitive play for everyone if that happened. You’d just need either of the Za-wolves on your team and you’d win.

The SE and NE abilities would mess up competitive play for everyone’s if that happened. You’d just need either of the Za-wolves on your team and you’d win.
Yeah. They've never done that with any previous box legend. It happened with Mega Rayquaza, and then it was removed along with all the other Megas.

Has it been considered that scorbunny could be fire/ground? Yes it is said that it looks like a fighter, but to be honest so does nidoking. There are many different kinds of fighters. Look at some of those mma fighters, or wrestlers. They’re massive. Plus rabbits live in burrows under the ground. Earthquake and whatnot would be pretty intense for a starter. Truth is though I have no idea what to expect from the fire starters anymore.

As for the picture dex leak. While I think it is fake I do like a couple of those. I’m assuming the lion, and pegasus are regional forms. But mainly I want the orca! Yes, yes, yeeees!

The SE and NE abilities would mess up competitive play for everyone if that happened. You’d just need either of the Za-wolves on your team and you’d win.
Sounds like what happened when megas became a thing. I wouldn't put it past Gamefreak to do it. Aren't legends banned from competitive play anyway, though? So what would it even matter, if they're just used for fun?

Or if there is a legends tier league, maybe their stats or signature moves aren't too insane in order to balance things out?

It's really hard to gauge what any of the starters will turn into because their base designs don't inherently scream any specific secondary type. For any starter Pokemon.

Starters final forms.

Scorbunny/Athlepus. Fire/Normal, signature move Adrenaline Rush. Fire type physical Electro Ball

Sobble/Intelleon. Water/Ghost, signature move Shadow Snipe, ghos type move, 50% chance to increase evasiveness

Grookey/Kongarilla. Grass/Ground, signature move Jungle Groove, move with Infiltrator effect

Gigantamax Duraludon. Arms turn into large cannons, looks robotic. G-Max Move, G-Max Light Pillar. Ignores abilities

Gigantamax Golurk. Looks more sleek and gains armor. G-Max Earthstomp. Can hit Flying types

Gigantamax Garbodor. Esentially fatter and gains more sewer pipes instead of hoses. G-Max Landfill. Leaves slime that can slow any target that enters the field

Evolution of Imipidimp, Chernagob. Dark/Fairy, ability Dark Lord. Makes Dark type moves unresistable

Galarian Seviper, Water/Posion

Galarian Carbink, Ice/Fairy, evolution Pixeeze

Galarian Midreavus & Mismagius, Ghost/Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom