• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

SPOILERS Leak Repository Thread

prog rocker

Reaction score
I don’t see the issue? Collecting them all is optional. I would much prefer the option to be there if I’d like to take advantage of it (which I would) rather than having them cut altogether.
Having the older starters in the game doesn’t make the new trio feel less important at all. If they’re really worried about people using older starters over the new ones, just stick them in the post-game.
Also, it's a good way to obtain legendaries without relying on trades, since not everyone has bought every game (or don't care for transferring).

Leaf_Ranger

Reaction score
I don’t see the issue? Collecting them all is optional. I would much prefer the option to be there if I’d like to take advantage of it (which I would) rather than having them cut altogether.
Having the older starters in the game doesn’t make the new trio feel less important at all. If they’re really worried about people using older starters over the new ones, just stick them in the post-game.
That's somewhat kinda like the argument that spending money to earn in-game bonuses or advantages is optional. Just like most of these games are designed to make the grinding even harder so that you feel tempted to spend money - and hence is not optional because the game is made around that - what's the point in having starters and all the old legendaries? I'm not taking about how and when one must have them, it's the question on why do we need to have them in the game in the first place. Instead of thinking about when and how and making that happen, GF should focus on building lore and coming up with new Pokémon.

swiftgallade46

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
That's somewhat kinda like the argument that spending money to earn in-game bonuses or advantages is optional. Just like most of these games are designed to make the grinding even harder so that you feel tempted to spend money - and hence is not optional because the game is made around that -
No? I’m not understanding the analogy you’re making here.
what's the point in having starters and all the old legendaries? I'm not taking about how and when one must have them, it's the question on why do we need to have them in the game in the first place. Instead of thinking about when and how and making that happen, GF should focus on building lore and coming up with new Pokémon.
Because people want to collect them and use them in various activities. GF will focus on making new Pokémon and lore regardless; one does not take away from the other.

Leaf_Ranger

Reaction score
No? I’m not understanding the analogy you’re making here.

Because people want to collect them and use them in various activities. GF will focus on making new Pokémon and lore regardless; one does not take away from the other.
It's as simple as not being harassed by clouds that have legendaries, by a Crescent Island that doesn't make any sense to appear in Hoenn that way.

Well, one thing takes time from the other. Just like making Town makes that GF has two teams, so having these events means that time and people are spent on that.

swiftgallade46

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
It's as simple as not being harassed by clouds that have legendaries, by a Crescent Island that doesn't make any sense to appear in Hoenn that way.
These things are...harassing you? Why not just ignore them if they’re not to your liking?
Well, one thing takes time from the other. Just like making Town makes that GF has two teams, so having these events means that time and people are spent on that.
Not really. Having all the legends in USUM didn’t take away from the new Pokémon and lore (although that is inevitably subjective), I don’t see why that would change here. And I wish people would stop bringing up Town as if it is really having a significant impact on SwSh.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
The town is dead since it was confirmed to have a small team by Toby Fox.
Good riddance too.
So I guess that implies that majority of the employees is in pokemon? Unless the have another project in the works along with Little Town

PartTimePokemonMaster

Part Time Pokémon Master
Reaction score
What are the actual chances of Duraldon not being the psuedo. I think they typically reveal them later in the marketing cycle but wouldn't it have to be pretty beefy to compete with Tyranitar?

bulbasaur99

Waiting to bloom
Reaction score
What are the actual chances of Duraldon not being the psuedo. I think they typically reveal them later in the marketing cycle but wouldn't it have to be pretty beefy to compete with Tyranitar?
Duraldon seems a lot like a single stage pokemon to me. I've never consider it as a pseudo and i hope it isn't.

Extroth

Face the Darkness
Reaction score
The amount of pages tell us absolutely nothing about the size of the regional pokedex.
I just want to clarify this point a little more. I did some research on this and it seems likely that the amount of pages listed for the guide and Pokedex are placeholders and are subject to change.

In addition those books come out in December a month after the actual games are out.

nickdt

Reaction score
No leaks? Is pokemon dying?
There was a leak (Covered by a poketuber), but it was an obvious fake since it started out with: My uncle works at the Pokemon company and it said Steelix would get a Galarian Form (Despite regular Steelix being shown), so there is no need putting it here, else i would have done so already.

SpinyShell

Setting shell traps
Reaction score
I want to say pretty low since it looks like Duraludon is the counterpart to Tyranitar, perhaps a special variant. It seems likely in my opinion that Duraludon will be a three-stage pseudo in order to best mirror T-tar. I wouldn’t be surprised if Duraludon has a larva first stage and a pupa inspired second stage...

Duraldon seems a lot like a single stage pokemon to me.
What makes you think that? I feel a decent amount of the new Pokémon revealed look like single stage Pokémon—Cramorant, Alcremie, Drednaw, Polteageist, Corviknight, Morpeko, and Yamper—but not Duraludon.