• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this little trial will just be another monitored event like the hands on demos. And it'll probably a 1 hour play of the full game or something.

Except it was a vote on whether or not to actually reveal them. I kinda wish no was winning just for the reason to know if they were actually paying attention to it. Still it’s nice to have some form of confirmation that we will see them. If it is true it also shows that they do care about what they give away in trailers, and are trying to give fans what they want in that regards.

I’m sure they posted the survey knowing full well what the results would be; it’s targeted to the type of fan who would vote “yes”. Starters are some of the most popular ‘mons, and their reveals are always highly anticipated/discussed.

The number of people who would both pre-order the new games and also sign up for a “secret” club” (free or not) are not typically the type to dislike starters or want to be kept in the dark until the games drop. It’s a safe way for a company to seem relatable or “in touch” with their fan base, and also drum up a little extra hype with no real effort.

Well it wasn’t the only thing they were voting on. There were ride preferences, and several others, but they did not really show them. Just focused on the starters. I mean personally I would be happy either way. In fact i would probably vote note. At least for the third stage, because the excitement of not knowing is also fun. I really don’t know though, but that is kind of what I meant. I wish it had been no. Just to see what they would do

I think I trust the statement on the official site more than any claim in a leak - and it clearly states that "some galarian forms" are capable of further evolving into a new species. To me it is pretty clear that regular Farfetch'd will not evolve into Sirfetch'd - it will be Galarian Farfetch'd.
Correction: It is clear that regular Farfetch'd will not evolve into Sirfetch'd - but Galarian Farfetch'd might evolve into Galarian Sirfetch'd. There is hope!

Correction: It is clear that regular Farfetch'd will not evolve into Sirfetch'd - but Galarian Farfetch'd might evolve into Galarian Sirfetch'd. There is hope!
...hope for what, we already know Sirfetch'd is a thing. The only question is does it evolve from a regular Farfetch'd or a regional one.

...hope for what, we already know Sirfetch'd is a thing. The only question is does it evolve from a regular Farfetch'd or a regional one.
I hope it evolves from a regular farfetch'd. I love the regional form concept but the evolution for old pokemon is my jam. I love obstagoon but now i can't think about a hoennian obstagoon. I wish gamefreak would give us that. Sooo i don't want a galarian farfetch'd if it will evolve. I'm totally okay with evolutions for old pokemon but only regional evolution ? no thanks.

I hope it evolves from a regular farfetch'd. I love the regional form concept but the evolution for old pokemon is my jam. I love obstagoon but now i can't think about a hoennian obstagoon. I wish gamefreak would give us that. Sooo i don't want a galarian farfetch'd if it will evolve. I'm totally okay with evolutions for old pokemon but only regional evolution ? no thanks.
If they give us a new evolution for regular Farfetch’d, they’ll probably still make it region-exclusive anyways just because. I know it sucks, but Dexit’s a thing now. :(

from 4chan:

trailer tomorrow at 2pm CEST

galarian farfetch'd - fighting - steadfast
sirfetch'd - fighting

exclusive to sword

galarian chatot - electric/flying - new ability: autotune, makes sound moves electric type
acappatoo - electric/flying - autotune

exclusive to shield

impidimp - dark/fairy - prankster/infiltrator

gigantamax pikachu - electric - fluffy

galar league table - you can see how you compare to trainers you meet on your journey in overall league standings. every trainers on every route has their own number of badges and win/loss record. shown on boards in gyms and on league cards

zacian - steel/water - ???
zamazenta - steel/fire - ???

players who buy sword and shield before jan 31st 2020 will be able to claim special pikachu with ability to gigantamax via mystery gift.

i don't think gigamax gets abilities

Why on earth would zacian be a water type i do not understand but i love it

I doubt they'd make Pikachu an exclusive after years of having it available in all main series games due to it being the the mascot.

Even if it was just they Gigantamax form. Because too many people are going to think it's a cop out. Because, once again, Pikachu is the mascot.

Also why would a shield be weak to a sword?

How? How is this content being thrown at you? Just ignore it, it really isn’t difficult. It’s a giant cloud in the sky, just fly the other way.

By your logic, every single aspect of the game that I don’t like from a Pokémon’s design to a part of the story should be locked behind optional DLC instead of being in the game.
Just like how the Kanto starters were given in XY to use and promote Mega-evos. You may not use them, but they are there and it influences the rest of the game.
No, not every content should be behind optional DLC. This discussion started because of how GF dumps legendaries, both in giveaways and through the game. This affects the game and so I reinforce: they should be creating new content pertaining the new PKMN, namely the legendaries.

I doubt they'd make Pikachu an exclusive after years of having it available in all main series games due to it being the the mascot.

Even if it was just they Gigantamax form. Because too many people are going to think it's a cop out. Because, once again, Pikachu is the mascot.

Also why would a shield be weak to a sword?
I don't think Pikachu is part of the exclusives list. I think they meant that G-Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd are going to be exclusive to Sword while G-Chatot and Acappatoo are exclusive to Shield.

Regardless, I don't think this is real. As @dvor pointed out, Gigantamax forms don't change abilities, so Pikachu gaining Fluffy doesn't make sense.
Also, there seem to be way too many freebies being handed out. We already have the Larvitar/Jangmo-o pre-order bonus, so having a Mystery Gift 'mon seems like too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom