• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't think we'll have anymore leaks, except for when a hypothetical demo drop will happen before release. Which I doubt.
Our real leaks came from pretty early in this news cycle, I think the chances of seeing something real this late is pretty low.

Speaking of the demo. I do hope they have one for these games. If they did do it I could see them doing just the same Water Gym one, but I would really like to see them do one where it made use of the camping feature. Put the players in a small, Wild Area where they can explore, battle a few trainers, collect items, maybe even do a Max raid battle with NPCs, and set up a camp. Something like this would allow players to get a good feel of the game and it's new big mechanics, and whether or not that is something they want to spend their money on. I think the Water Gym would also work decently well for that too, but a person can dream.

Our real leaks came from pretty early in this news cycle, I think the chances of seeing something real this late is pretty low.

Speaking of the demo. I do hope they have one for these games. If they did do it I could see them doing just the same Water Gym one, but I would really like to see them do one where it made use of the camping feature. Put the players in a small, Wild Area where they can explore, battle a few trainers, collect items, maybe even do a Max raid battle with NPCs, and set up a camp. Something like this would allow players to get a good feel of the game and it's new big mechanics, and whether or not that is something they want to spend their money on. I think the Water Gym would also work decently well for that too, but a person can dream.
Actually a lot of leaks tend to happen right around news drops so we're still pretty open for more.

As for a demo, they probably will have one but not until after the game releases due to datamines.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that if we are getting a demo before the game it will be in October. Probably around the middle of the month. After that it would be pretty surprising. I really cannot seeing them doing it in November...oooh the day before would be fun though. Oh, by the way, here. Binge this hours before your buy it XD.

They don't have to give a mega evolution to a galar form any more than they had to give an evolution to regular Linoone. One form will simply go without.
If anything, this gives them more freedom with these sorts of things. If they wanted, they could easily bring back a form of branch evolutions via variants, like giving regular Linoone its own evolution and not let it evolve into a "regular" Obstagoon. Likewise, if they do bring back Mega Evolution, they could omit variants, or even give them their own Mega Evolutions that exemplify their differences. It's kind of a toss-up and they can really do whatever they want.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that if we are getting a demo before the game it will be in October. Probably around the middle of the month. After that it would be pretty surprising. I really cannot seeing them doing it in November...oooh the day before would be fun though. Oh, by the way, here. Binge this hours before your buy it XD.

Thing is there already is a demo its just not a mass release like oras or sun and moon.

There wolnt be a second diffrent demo thats mass released 45 days early it does make since. This time it seems as through its exactly like lets go and theres a demo but only at certain convention's.

Good i say i dont want data mining this time around id rather they keep any surprise for people to disvover on their own.

If they do the Let's Go route with the demo, that's probably only because that way the full game can be kept secret until it's released. It makes sense.

But what doesn't make any sense is keeping it limited to one gym when the other Special Demos had a made up open area and an entire town + a route.

It's still possible we'll get a separate demo. Just not until after the game is out.

Let's Go had an eShop demo, it just wasn't released until after the games were.

I know it was released after.

My point was they not going to put out this demo before hand or release a diffrent one next month with launch so close.

They will likely do as they did with lets go the SwSh demo will probably be on the eshop but not before 11/15/19

Thts what im tryin to say

I know it was released after.

My point was they not going to put out this demo before hand or release a diffrent one next month with launch so close.

They will likely do as they did with lets go the SwSh demo will probably be on the eshop but not before 11/15/19

Thts what im tryin to say
Ohhh yeah- I think we're all pretty much in agreement, then. XD No demo until after release. They learned their lesson.

In relation to this whole demo talk, I'm actually hoping they don't release a demo this time around. While, yes, there are some nice fringe benefits (Ash-Greninja, extra Poke Balls, vendor trash, you get it), the datamining these days has gotten so vicious lately that it's become very off-putting. Look at CTR, for example. We quite possibly already know what the next two Grand Prix are, along with most of the contents of the first one, and that's all just from the recent update file. That's a lot of data from one update file. As a result, I'd rather we not get a demo at all (even after release) and just leave all the contents hidden (barring what the trailers reveal, obviously) until we actually get the games themselves and play them. Demos and such have become double-edged swords to me, so I'd rather they scrap the whole demo thing completely (outside of the real-life events that you can play the games at) and just let us go in blind for once. I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd rather demos get the boot totally and force us to learn everything through experimentation. That's my 2 cents.

New rumours about the anime.

Other:

In relation to this whole demo talk, I'm actually hoping they don't release a demo this time around. While, yes, there are some nice fringe benefits (Ash-Greninja, extra Poke Balls, vendor trash, you get it), the datamining these days has gotten so vicious lately that it's become very off-putting. Look at CTR, for example. We quite possibly already know what the next two Grand Prix are, along with most of the contents of the first one, and that's all just from the recent update file. That's a lot of data from one update file. As a result, I'd rather we not get a demo at all (even after release) and just leave all the contents hidden (barring what the trailers reveal, obviously) until we actually get the games themselves and play them. Demos and such have become double-edged swords to me, so I'd rather they scrap the whole demo thing completely (outside of the real-life events that you can play the games at) and just let us go in blind for once. I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd rather demos get the boot totally and force us to learn everything through experimentation. That's my 2 cents.
You know that in Pokémon a demo released post-release won't have any meaningful info, right?

These rumors sound too close to what @Grass Type Gardenia has been talking about relentlessly over on the Sword & Shield anime speculation thread. I'm surprised that he hasn't reacted to this yet.

You know that in Pokémon a demo released post-release won't have any meaningful info, right?

Yeah, I know, but I'm getting sick of demos as a whole. Even if they're post-release, they still don't make me feel any better about them. I just want all demos scrapped, as the datamining craze that is this new world has gone too far and for too long. Even post-release demos still spoil things for me, as I'm the type to really take my time and enjoy everything as it comes, so when a datamine happens it just wrecks that for me. My CTR reference is an example, as the datamine from it soured my feelings toward CTR as a whole. Like I said, I'm in the minority, but I feel that demos need to get the boot completely, not just because of datamining, but because I feel they just aren't worth the effort anymore. Real-life events in select locations that hold demos, fine, that can stay, since they're selective and cannot be datamined or whatnot, but downloadable demos need to go. Demos and datamining have gotten to the point where I'd rather they stop being made entirely and just leave all gameplay and it's contents to the game's physical release and nothing else. If they're going to tease us, use trailers, but demos need to be axed. Plus, post-release demos also defeat their own purpose, so I feel that demos (and datamining with it) are not worth the extra coding, time, and energy to make. Since everyone is so upset at stuff like Dexit and such, why bother with a demo when they can focus all that energy that making a demo would divert toward "fixing" what the fans want? I just want demos gone, taking the datamining with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom