• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if there is no Galarian Farfetch’d, it would stand to reason that it’s just like the Alolan evos in Sun and Moon. You have to catch/hatch a Farfetch’d in Galar for it to be able to evolve. You shouldn’t be able to bring over one; would defeat the point.

As for future games, they’d likely solve it the same way they did Alolan forms in Let’s Go. You trade the normal for an Alolan form. In Farfetch’d’s case, that would be a neat callback anyway.

Reactions: El_
First time since Corviknight that I immediately liked a new Pokemon. Doesn't seem like Sirfetch'd are cooked with their weapons like Farfetch'd - that'd be an unfortunate way to retire.

I've heard people bring up Shuckle alot online.
Eviolite Shuckle's going to be a nightmare if it evolves into the shield counterpart o_O

Even if there is no Galarian Farfetch’d, it would stand to reason that it’s just like the Alolan evos in Sun and Moon. You have to catch/hatch a Farfetch’d in Galar for it to be able to evolve. You shouldn’t be able to bring over one; would defeat the point.

As for future games, they’d likely solve it the same way they did Alolan forms in Let’s Go. You trade the normal for an Alolan form. In Farfetch’d’s case, that would be a neat callback anyway.
Could you not transfer a Pikachu from a previous game to Sun and Moon and evolve it into Alolan Raichu...?

Are you sure? Because everything I'm reading seems to state otherwise.
Pikachu evolved into A-Raichu via Thunderstone while in Alola. If you took a Pikachu to an Ultra Space in USM and used a Thunderstone on it, it would evolve into regular Raichu.

Regardless, if they ever bring back A-Raichu and have it in a region besides Alola they'd have to come up with a new evolution method, as both Raichu and A-Raichu evolve via Thunderstone.
Maybe have Pikachu holding a plate of pancakes while using a Thunderstone on it? lol

Pikachu evolved into A-Raichu via Thunderstone while in Alola. If you took a Pikachu to an Ultra Space in USM and used a Thunderstone on it, it would evolve into regular Raichu.

Regardless, if they ever bring back A-Raichu and have it in a region besides Alola they'd have to come up with a new evolution method, as both Raichu and A-Raichu evolve via Thunderstone.
Maybe have Pikachu holding a plate of pancakes while using a Thunderstone on it? lol

lol. I think maybe something like an Alola research area would do the trick. Mimic the environment or something like that.

You can not. If the Pikachu is from any other game it'll evolve into regular Raichu. Only pikachu's from SM can evolve into Alolan Raichu

You can evolve a Pikachu/Exeggcute/Cubone from any region into their Alolan variants, it's just the location of where they evolve at that matters, not their origin.

lol. I think maybe something like an Alola research area would do the trick. Mimic the environment or something like that.
So like a location evolution. Instead of like a power plant or ice mountain, it's a... Tropic zone. That could work. And then you have to be inside a British style pub to get Galar forms. (Kidding with that last part. Maybe).

Also, to correct my earlier post: Just one BITE of some Alolan pancakes makes it get that surfboard tail.

I'm aware of that, but if you transferred a Pikachu into Alola from another region, then it still evolved into Alolan Raichu no matter where it originated from, as long as you weren't in Ultra Space with it in USUM. So similarly if you transferred a Farfetch'd into Sword and Shield from a previous game, it should still evolve into Sirfetch'd regardless.

And I don't think that they would need a new evolution method. If the Alolan form exists in another region, then that's just the form that Raichu takes in that region and the form that it will turn into when you evolve it with a Thunderstone. The other form just wouldn't be obtainable there.

I know, but I meant like the item "Stick" it raises Farfetch'd's crit ratio, but I'm curious if they'll extend that effect to Sirfetch'd.

I'm just curious because it still has the leek. Like you said it is it's sword. Similarly, Chansey has lucky punch, but Blissey can't benefit from it.

In the original GS demo and datamine, Madame could benefit from the stick item, likely the same would apply for Sirfetched.

And I don't think that they would need a new evolution method. If the Alolan form exists in another region, then that's just the form that Raichu takes in that region and the form that it will turn into when you evolve it with a Thunderstone. The other form just wouldn't be obtainable there.

I know they could have one or the other. I more meant for they ever wanted to bring in both as being present in a region.

Sirfetch'd is hardly the first Fighting-type with a Flying-type move. Infernape, Gallade, the Swords of Justice, Chesnaught, Pangoro, Bewear, Passimian, and Kommo-o can all learn Aerial Ace, Croagunk , Marsshadow, Buzzwole, and Pheromosa can learn Bounce, and Blaziken and Mienshao can learn Acrobatics.
Except I was referring to fighting type only with flying moves. I had moon, so I did not realize that passimian was pure fighting, but that’s what I meant by it. The secondary typing kind of makes what I was getting out null and void. Fighting gyms always suck for me because my team usually doesn’t consist much against them, and even though flying is strong against it they also tend to get their butts kicked. This sorta solves that problem for me because he would not take much damage from their attacks, and yet be strong against them.

Except I was referring to fighting type only with flying moves. I had moon, so I did not realize that passimian was pure fighting, but that’s what I meant by it. The secondary typing kind of makes what I was getting out null and void. Fighting gyms always suck for me because my team usually doesn’t consist much against them, and even though flying is strong against it they also tend to get their butts kicked. This sorta solves that problem for me because he would not take much damage from their attacks, and yet be strong against them.
Still not seeing your point here? What's the problem with a secondary typing?

Fighting doesn't resist Fighting, so Sirfetch'd will take the same amount of damage as any other type neutral to Fighting. (Fire, Water, Grass, Dragon, etc) And Sirfetch'd won't get STAB on Flying-type moves, so they'll just serve as coverage moves. You'd be doing just as well with a Golduck that knew Zen Headbutt, or an Arcanine with Play Rough.

Still not seeing your point here? What's the problem with a secondary typing?

Fighting doesn't resist Fighting, so Sirfetch'd will take the same amount of damage as any other type neutral to Fighting. (Fire, Water, Grass, Dragon, etc) And Sirfetch'd won't get STAB on Flying-type moves, so they'll just serve as coverage moves. You'd be doing just as well with a Golduck that knew Zen Headbutt, or an Arcanine with Play Rough.
FIghting doesn’t resist itself? That’s bs - - everything else does...welp yep he is useless to me then, and stab has never been a problem for me. Any pokemon I used with flying moves before was super effective against fighting, and most were not flying type. No wonder I hate fighting though.

FIghting doesn’t resist itself? That’s bs - - everything else does...welp yep he is useless to me then, and stab has never been a problem for me. Any pokemon I used with flying moves before was super effective against fighting, and most were not flying type. No wonder I hate fighting though.
It's not the only type-Normal, Ground, Rock, Bug, Fairy, and Flying don't resist themselves, and Ghost and Dark are weak to themselves. It's half and half, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom