• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo this is a very unexpected datamine... And breathes some real excitement into this quiet promo cycle.

Polteageist being "Teacup2" spells it out... It has a pre-evo that is a teacup.

And if Alcremie's non-gigantamax form really was "Cream1", the G would be redundant. Either add the G, or make it a 2. Doing both makes absolutely no sense, which means I'm very confident that Alcremie and Drednaw have a pre-evo and Corviknight has 2.

Ooo this is a very unexpected datamine... And breathes some real excitement into this quiet promo cycle.

Polteageist being "Teacup2" spells it out... It has a pre-evo that is a teacup.

And if Alcremie's non-gigantamax form really was "Cream1", the G would be redundant. Either add the G, or make it a 2. Doing both makes absolutely no sense, which means I'm very confident that Alcremie and Drednaw have a pre-evo and Corviknight has 2.
It wouldn't be redundant considering that gigantamax forms are, well, forms and not evolutions. So they have to catalogue it with a different designation.

It wouldn't be redundant considering that gigantamax forms are, well, forms and not evolutions. So they have to catalogue it with a different designation.
I think they mean that using both a ‘G’ and a ‘2’ to denote just the Giganatamax factor of G-Alcremie would be redundant.

I think if Alcreamie was a single stage, it would go something like Alcreamie-GAlcremie. But it might go either way. Since we had both 2 stage and 3 stage regional birds before, it's hard to tell. Tbh, I don't really care about Alcreamie and Dreadnaw, I'm happy corviknight is a regional bird though. And I'm so happy that this abomination Duraludon isn't pseudo. Thank God!

I suppose. I'm just not particularly pleased with the fact that these newest installments will almost be like gacha games where one of the most important features to complete my collection of Pokemon (i.e. online trading and I'm guessing Pokemon Home?) will require me to pay Nintendo an extra fee.

I'm just not sure why anyone should have to pay $20 for a year of the service, especially in my case since I probably won't even make full use of Switch Online since I could easily settle all my online trades within just a couple of days and be done with my trading needs for Shield/Sword in that time. Since I probably wouldn't get a refund for the other 360-something days that I won't use the service, it just kinda sucks imo.
Well just spend the $4 to get it for one month, or $8 for 3 months. Then you aren’t out a whole year. All I’m saying is where all the others force you to pay for their online usage it was only a matter of time before nintendo hopped on the train. I’m just glad it’s not the same price.

:/ hmm...I’m not certain I like this. I don’t like getting final reveals first. I would rather see the line. I also want polteageist to evolve not have a pre-evo. I’m confused on what this is though. Is this a leak or confirmed info from pokemon? I just woke up so my brain is slow.

Based on the new site that dropped today a user on Twitter did some digging around and found this...

View attachment 125283

~Starters' codenames seem to be named after what they become in their final stages (specifically Grookey)
~Yamper, Rolycoly and Wooloo are all first stage Pokémon meaning they evolve further
~Alcremie has a pre-evolution
~Corviknight has two pre-evolutions (likely meaning its the regional bird)
~Polteageist has a pre-evolution
~Drednaw has a pre-evolution

The starters' codenames pretty much give even more credence to the Affleck leak. I wonder if Alcremie's pre-evolution has flavors as well? If does it does then that's a whole lot of forms for one Pokémon line. I kinda expected Corviknight to be the regional bird so that's cool. I wonder what Polteageist pre-evolution will be? The most obvious choice is a teacup but you never know. I'm surprised that Drednaw has a pre-evolution.

This is really exciting.
The way i understand this is for example corviknight.
G Commondori3

pre evolution, corviknight, Gigantamax Corviknight.

perhaps the Gs are numbered too because it is still technically an evolution or that is just how they have it in their system. I mean a whole data base was like this, you would want to know on the spot what is a 3rd or 2nd stage and what one is Also a gigantamax stage on top of it.

GCommondori3. Gigantamax Commondori3. Gigantamax Corviknight. Corviknight is Commondori3. It is the third stage and has two pre-evos. I don't understand this other interpretation at all. It would be redundant.

BTW commondori = common bird. Corviknight is the final stage of the common bird line.

GCommondori3. Gigantamax Commondori3. Gigantamax Corviknight. Corviknight is Commondori3. It is the third stage and has two pre-evos. I don't understand this other interpretation at all. It would be redundant.

BTW commondori = common bird. Corviknight is the final stage of the common bird line.
Because not every pokemon has a Gigantamax. But we can agree to disagree.

Do we know something about Cramorant, Gossifleur and Eldegoss? They are also missing in the list.

Wait does this prove that the three starters will not have gforms? Or is it only referring to the first three forms? If so doesn’t that kind of say that they add another form for the gigantamax on the sheet? Which would mean that Alcreamie is only a one stage? I get both ways people are seeing this I just don’t know which way is correct.

Wait does this prove that the three starters will not have gforms? Or is it only referring to the first three forms? If so doesn’t that kind of say that they add another form for the gigantamax on the sheet? Which would mean that Alcreamie is only a one stage? I get both ways people are seeing this I just don’t know which way is correct.
I don't know how to look at the website to check like the tweeter guy does, but I assume he would have this names because of Images used. the images would be named after these codenames.
If there is no G pic of grookey then the code name won't show. only what grookey is called, Gorilla1.
But I do think there is a fair chance that gigantamax forms are labeled as their own form.

With that in mind then. Will we see a new pokemon? Maybe they’ll sneak in a pre-evo of something...although they probably would have said so I would think. Unless the person has not done all 50 yet.

But do we even know if regular Corviknight is Commondori3? This might just be a weird way for them to catalogue forms.

Commondori1 - Corviknight pre-evo
Commondori2 - Corviknight
Commondori3 - Corviknight's gigantamax form. It's not the same as regular Corviknight. They then add a G to identify the model as a gigantamax form. GCommondori3. Yeah, it does feel redundant but there's a nuance.

EDIT: Megas are a good analogy to explain this. Mega Audino could be something like MAudino2. It would just mean that Audino has 2 different forms - the regular single stage form plus its mega evolution Audino2. To identify the second form as a mega evolution in the system, (because it could be a gigantamax form or a different thing altogether) they'd add an M.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom