• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that usually how that works though? The inferior service costs less? I know the larger argument here is if it should cost anything, but still, EonLover's point seems to hold up to me: Switch Online isn't as robust as the other consoles' online services, so at least they're not charging an equal amount.
I don’t see it as something that needs to be commended? They’re charging less for an inferior service... It's not something noble or something we should be "grateful" of when they decide to charge less for a subpar service.

I don’t see it as something that needs to be commended? They’re charging less for an inferior service... It's not something noble or something we should be "grateful" of when they decide to charge less for a subpar service.

You shouldn’t be grateful for subpar service, that’s right. What you should at least be happy for is that they aren’t charging 60 dollars for it.

Wooloo could still be a stand-alone, though.

EDIT: Wait, I see that standalones don't have a number. Wooloo is a part of a line.

Nice to know Corviknight's the regional bird. I've been wondering who'll be my flying type to face Milo.

Wooloo could still be a stand-alone, though.
Not the case, Morpeko and Duraludon have no numbers, implying they don't evolve or have pre evolutions. So Wooloo does seem like it can evolve.

Apologies, I edited my post. I didn't notice the lack of numbers for some, at first.

I think you have to be in the mines to get him ,which I think happens after Milo at least.
Here's the galar map. In black circles are gyms; blue circles are areas of interest. Where are the mines? Are they in the mountains?

It confirms the fact that it's evos though
That was already confirmed in an interview, though, so a lot of us already knew that.

Or at least I am pretty sure it was.

In any case, there's been evidence of the naming convention before and clear indication of what the numbers meant, so it's not really new knowledge.

Alcremie and Polteagist with preevos...What? I guess they would be a cupcake and a teacup, but but Alcremie and Polteagist looked fairy-like and friendly and didn't seem like they could evolve.
Dreadnaw with a preevo...Yes! Hopefully it looks very cute.
Corviknight is the regional bird. Well, I half-expected it. Now there's the question of where are its preevolutions. And I think that naming it "common bird 3" is kinda mean.

Now I just thought of something else. We were told that not all Pokemon within a species that can Gigantamax will be able to, and that you have to catch specific ones in Max Raid Battles. Ok fine, but how does that work for their prevolutions? Can you only catch them in the stage where they are fully evolved for them to be able to Gigantamax or can it be unlocked in their earlier stages somehow as well? It sounds like more of the former to me, but I really hope there's more to it.

I really hope they can Gigantamax somehow if you catch them as a pre evo. I love raising my Pokémon up from their first stage, and if there’s no way for Corviknight to Gigantamax if I caught its prevo, well I guess I’ll never use Gmax Corviknight. If I can catch the prevo in a raid and it be able to Gigantamax, that would be great.

You make it sound like it’s pokemon directed, and it’s not. Nintendo put their online services behind a paywall like everyone else. The call probably did not even have pokemon in the conversation.
Dude, I never said anything about Pokemon.
Paying for a bill that a company handled just fine in the past isn't really something I can be grateful for. These companies are getting a bigger income than most of their consumers-why do they need to squeeze out even more money from them?
It's never mentioned in my post at all. Pokemon's not the only games that had online services for free-Mario Kart servers were free, Splatoon 1 servers were free, Call of Duty servers were free (and the Wii games are actually still functional), and so on. If these million-dollar franchises could handle footing the bill for the servers, why should their customers have to pay another 20$ on top of the 60$ game and the 300$ console?

You shouldn’t be grateful for subpar service, that’s right. What you should at least be happy for is that they aren’t charging 60 dollars for it.
Making a negative change, but not making a worse change, is not the most joyous thing for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom