• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could also go the Steel/Fighting and Fighting/Steel route, too just to make the difference a little more apparent while also still being relatively the same.

Because to be honest I still don't see one being weak to the other wolf. Especially since they're both based on things that are made of steel that are used for fighting.

I think it would be the dumbest move that GF could make. The box legendaries are different to make people want both. A pokemon that is essentially the same would definitely not do that. You might as well just make it a single game. Besides a lot of regular players completely ignore all defensive moves. They’re useless. You just train and beat gyms and the league with the strongest attack moves. You would not believe how often I hear that. Nobody would ever get the defensive pokemon. But in having two typings you actually create a difference. A want for the two. Someone prefers fire, they get the fire legendary. Someone prefers water so they get the opposite. Then you have someone who likes both so they get both games in order to obtain the two. There is a drive. It’s like the gender differences. Usually there is no reason to get the opposite because it is so minor. Butterfree for example. Or look at deoxys and all it’s forms. That would essentially be what they did if the legendaries had the exact same typing, and looked that much alike. Offensive attack, it holds a sword. Defensive move, it pops up its shield. No these will definitely be different types. I would put money on it.

A pokemon that is essentially the same would definitely not do that. The box legendaries are different to make people want both. You might as well just make it a single game.

Legendary Pokemon are only one part of the version differences, making them share a typing would be in no way equivalent to making only one game. There's still the other version exclusive Pokemon, and the gyms too. Not only that, GameFreak made the legendaries in GS and HGSS available in both versions yet that didn't make people not want both versions. Plus, I don't think most people would be bothered if both z-wolves had the same typing. They still have different appearances, stats, possible abilites...

Besides a lot of regular players completely ignore all defensive moves.

A lot of regular players completely ignore the legendary Pokemon and they're obtained so late in the game too....

I'm not certain how this factors into showing that the two wolves having the same typing would be a bad idea.

But in having two typings you actually create a difference.

Even with two different typings, that doesn't magically make Zamazenta not a defensive Pokemon.

A want for the two. Someone prefers fire, they get the fire legendary. Someone prefers water so they get the opposite.

I think most people choose their version based more on the appearance of the monster on the cover, and less on it's typing.

Apologies for the double post but I didn't want to make one giant post with two different topics.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not spoiling the starter evos because you impatient f[*]cks won't quite whining [...] all i'll say is grookey's middle evo is the best of the three [...] sobble's is pretty good, and scorbunny's is kinda of disappointing. they're also shown moves that may hint at the final evo's types, scorbunny's is pretty shocking but it might just be a red herring as i remember affleck saying it was still pure fire (maybe he was talking about raboot and not the final evo?)

I like how they're super safe with the starter evolutions... and they give a whiny reason for it too. Also, they don't know the typing of Scorbunny's final evo despite knowing a ton of information and seeing the evos? I call bs on that.

regional bug is a woolly bear caterpillar [...] evolves into puparka and then anorarctia, a bug/ice moth [...] has multiscale

Multiscale as a non-hidden ability on a regional bug? Seems rather unlikely, especially when the only two monsters that have it are mystical and reptilian, and they only have it as their HA. Multiscale seems too powerful to give to a run-of-the-mill regional bug as a regular ability.

Much of the rest of the stuff makes the post seem like a wish-list. Lots of returning trainers? Instant return trades? Home has some super 'dex and Bank is getting updated? I know GameFreak said that SwSh is the ultimate Pokemon game, but this still raises my eyebrows.

Also, this leak just covers too much ground for me to believe it. They leak a ton of stuff related to SwSh, plus Home and Bank stuff. Considering how few credible leaks make it through, I really doubt someone would be able to leak all this information. They'd have to be involved with several departments, no? I doubt someone like that would leak stuff...

Last edited:
I think it would be the dumbest move that GF could make. The box legendaries are different to make people want both. A pokemon that is essentially the same would definitely not do that. You might as well just make it a single game.
What about stats, abilities, and signature moves? Typing isn't the only factor in a Pokemon.
Besides a lot of regular players completely ignore all defensive moves. They’re useless. You just train and beat gyms and the league with the strongest attack moves. You would not believe how often I hear that. Nobody would ever get the defensive pokemon. But in having two typings you actually create a difference. A want for the two. Someone prefers fire, they get the fire legendary. Someone prefers water so they get the opposite.
If someone hates defensive moves, then why would they pick a defensive-based Pokemon, even if they liked the type? There's Pokemon of every type to use.
(4Chan bullshit)
"It's not overdue to not know starter evolutions a month away from release! I will swear and belittle you because that makes me sound credible!"
This absolute genius promises that they know even details like plans for updates with Bank and upcoming distributions, but they don't know the types of the starters.
"Leaks" details like a Corviknight prevo and a Rolycoly evo...we been knew.
Mud-based moves? As in, the four moves, one of which is a status move, one of which has 20 BP? Sure, they'd be normally effective, but like...nobody's gonna think "Wow I should totally use this mud move against this pig that loves mud, I bet something great will happen"
Description of Kabu ripped off from Affleck.
Dream Balls, the Poke Balls with a 100% catch rate only to be used in Entralink, are given as gifts. Sure.
A mention of "Gigantamax forms are revealed" and "these characters are shown", even though this post never mentions any kind of trailer or announcement.

This is just...so terrible.

You guys look at this way to broadly. The regular player doesn’t pay any attention to stats, or abilities. The first thing they look at is the pokemon. Pick which they like, and hope it’s a type they like. Then they look at type, and decide if they want the type they like better, or the appearance. Then they make a plan to trade for the other.

But seriously to make them the same type just makes them a form change in this case, and it defeats a second game entirely. Even with different moves it would look the same. I’m not going to debate why I think it’s ridiculously stupid in this case. If it looks super different like Lugia and Ho-oh then you are fine, but in this case I think it would be dumb. You would have the X,Y incident all over again. Nobody really wanted Y except for Y (cause I really cannot spell his name) the game was incredibly unbalanced in exclusivity. X beat Y at almost every corner.

You guys look at this way to broadly. The regular player doesn’t pay any attention to stats, or abilities. The first thing they look at is the pokemon. Pick which they like, and hope it’s a type they like. Then they look at type, and decide if they want the type they like better, or the appearance.

I highly doubt the regular player pays attention to typings either. They pick which one they like... and that's it. Nobody but the more hardcore fans really cares about anything beyond appearance, especially when it comes to picking the version.

But seriously to make them the same type just makes them a form change in this case, and it defeats a second game entirely. Even with different moves it would look the same.

As outlined above, having the cover legendaries share the same typing is in no way defeating the purpose of a second game. There's still the different plotline, other version exclusive Pokemon, the gyms, as well as the varying differences in the legendary Pokemon's moves, abilities, stats, and appearance. Just because they have the same typing doesn't mean they're the same Pokemon.

Nobody really wanted Y except for Y (cause I really cannot spell his name) the game was incredibly unbalanced in exclusivity. X beat Y at almost every corner.

This is just personal opinion. X isn't objectively superior to Y in terms of exclusives; some people think X has the short end of the stick. And I doubt having two legendary Pokemon with the same typing means that the games will be unbalanced in terms of version exclusives, in fact, wouldn't it be the opposite?

You guys look at this way to broadly. The regular player doesn’t pay any attention to stats, or abilities. The first thing they look at is the pokemon. Pick which they like, and hope it’s a type they like. Then they look at type, and decide if they want the type they like better, or the appearance. Then they make a plan to trade for the other.

But seriously to make them the same type just makes them a form change in this case, and it defeats a second game entirely. Even with different moves it would look the same. I’m not going to debate why I think it’s ridiculously stupid in this case. If it looks super different like Lugia and Ho-oh then you are fine, but in this case I think it would be dumb. You would have the X,Y incident all over again. Nobody really wanted Y except for Y (cause I really cannot spell his name) the game was incredibly unbalanced in exclusivity. X beat Y at almost every corner.
Uh... the average player picks based on appearance, not type. Making both wolves the same type doesn't defeat the purpose of anything, it just means that both legendaries are equal in that one regard. They could have different abilities or stat distributions and overall they just obviously look different and people are going to pick based on which one they like the looks of more. And legendary pokemon don't make the most difference between the games, the other version exclusive content do.

It actually makes more sense to have them be equal in type because that means that Zacian would be just as good as Zamazenta instead of having a situation where one legendary clearly trumps the other based on type match up alone.

I highly doubt the regular player pays attention to typings either. They pick which one they like... and that's it. Nobody but the more hardcore fans really cares about anything beyond appearance, especially when it comes to picking the version.

As outlined above, having the cover legendaries share the same typing is in no way defeating the purpose of a second game. There's still the different plotline, other version exclusive Pokemon, the gyms, as well as the varying differences in the legendary Pokemon's moves, abilities, stats, and appearance. Just because they have the same typing doesn't mean they're the same Pokemon.

This is just personal opinion. X isn't objectively superior to Y in terms of exclusives; some people think X has the short end of the stick. And I doubt having two legendary Pokemon with the same typing means that the games will be unbalanced in terms of version exclusives, in fact, wouldn't it be the opposite?
No it doesn’t. Making them the same type in this case where the pokemon looks almost exactly the same makes it the exact same. It is a form change. Doesn’t matter if you change the attacks they look the same. You could not change the story. Except maybe to explain that form.

Um, no actually it is not. X outsold Y by a lot. So it’s proven. In my little store alone X outsold Y by over 200 copies and they only sold 260 off the bat. X sold several thousand more copies than Y. Reviews talked about how unbalanced they were. So no. It’s proven that Y got the super short end. Even the megas are unbalanced.

Uh... the average player picks based on appearance, not type. Making both wolves the same type doesn't defeat the purpose of anything, it just means that both legendaries are equal in that one regard. They could have different abilities or stat distributions and overall they just obviously look different and people are going to pick based on which one they like the looks of more. And legendary pokemon don't make the most difference between the games, the other version exclusive content do.

It actually makes more sense to have them be equal in type because that means that Zacian would be just as good as Zamazenta instead of having a situation where one legendary clearly trumps the other based on type match up alone.
First of all. I think Zacian is going to be way better than Zamazenta in standing, but LOOK at them. It is a freaking form change if you make the type the same. It would literally be deoxys. Also, I explained how they look at it. Yes, regular players do look at type. Because they always have a type they prefer. It is based off both. Appearance first, finalized by type.

No it doesn’t. Making them the same type in this case where the pokemon looks almost exactly the same makes it the exact same. It is a form change. Doesn’t matter if you change the attacks they look the same. You could not change the story. Except maybe to explain that form.

Um, no actually it is not. X outsold Y by a lot. So it’s proven. In my little store alone X outsold Y by over 200 copies and they only sold 260 off the bat. X sold several thousand more copies than Y. Reviews talked about how unbalanced they were. So no. It’s proven that Y got the super short end. Even the megas are unbalanced.

X probably outsold Y because more people prefer Xerneas, not because they thought the rest of the version exclusives were superior, even though that probably played a factor. I'd say only hardcore fans truly care about what's different beyond just the box art. I was 12 or so when these games came out, right around the target audience. I did not care at all about version exclusives nor thought they were unbalanced. Nor did I care about typing. All I cared about was the monster on the cover. And while some reviewers said the exclusives were unbalanced, that doesn't mean it's fact. Just because something is less popular doesn't make it objectively worse.

Yes, regular players do look at type. Because they always have a type they prefer. It is based off both. Appearance first, finalized by type.

I don't think so. I have never, ever heard or seen someone not get a certain version because they didn't like the typing of the cover legendary, especially in more casual circles. Caring about anything beyond appearance is something regular players generally don't do, especially the young target audience of these games. Typing may be a plus, but I doubt it's a huge factor in determining a version.

Edit: Also,

You could not change the story.

I figure after 20 years GameFreak's writers would be able to write two different stories for two games with legendary Pokemon that share the same type. It's not like typing is a huge factor in story anyway.

Last edited:
X probably outsold Y because more people prefer Xerneas, not because they thought the rest of the version exclusives were superior, even though that probably played a factor. I'd say only hardcore fans truly care about what's different beyond just the box art. I was 12 or so when these games came out, right around the target audience. I did not care at all about version exclusives nor thought they were unbalanced. Nor did I care about typing. All I cared about was the monster on the cover. And while some reviewers said the exclusives were unbalanced, that doesn't mean it's fact. Just because something is less popular doesn't make it objectively worse.

I don't think so. I have never, ever heard or seen someone not get a certain version because they didn't like the typing of the cover legendary, especially in more casual circles. Caring about anything beyond appearance is something regular players generally don't do, especially the young target audience of these games. Typing may be a plus, but I doubt it's a huge factor in determining a version.

Edit: Also,

I figure after 20 years GameFreak's writers would be able to write two different stories for two games with legendary Pokemon that share the same type. It's not like typing is a huge factor in story anyway.
That is suuuuuper incorrect. There was coverage everywhere about the differences. And from anyone you talked to about them. People were incredibly mad about it. Especially Charizard.

I have. A lot actually. At releases, picking up games, discussing which game someone is going to get. I have known many people switch because they disliked the typing. Most commonly for gen 4.

Except it is not that it’s the same type. It’s the same type and they LOOK the same. It would make it a form change not a different pokemon. They look exactly the same except one holds a sword and one has a shield. It would not be two separate ones. I’m 100% sure they will be different types.

That is suuuuuper incorrect. There was coverage everywhere about the differences. And from anyone you talked to about them. People were incredibly mad about it. Especially Charizard.

As said before, unpopularity doesn't equal objectively inferior. And I'd say, from the more objective competitive standpoint, the two Charizard Megas are pretty equal.

I have. A lot actually. At releases, picking up games, discussing which game someone is going to get. I have known many people switch because they disliked the typing. Most commonly for gen 4.

If you're commenting on this forum, I'd say you no longer count as a "regular fan" lol. As for the people who switched typings, would you consider them "regular fans?"

As said before, unpopularity doesn't equal objectively inferior. And I'd say, from the more objective competitive standpoint, the two Charizard Megas are pretty equal.

If you're commenting on this forum, I'd say you no longer count as a "regular fan" lol. As for the people who switched typings, would you consider them "regular fans?"
But when you are talking sales you cannot really count competitive play. Most people don’t do it. But a lot of people wanted the different colored charizard.

Actually I did not mean me XD. I meant a I knew a lot of people who had, and actually I am a regular fan, because I ignore most of the stats, don’t trade, don’t care about abilities much, or nature, and sure as heck don’t competitively play. I just study everything. As for the people I talked to they are absolutely regular fans. They just wanna play the games for the new pokemon, but they all have typings they prefer.

Even though everything about this seems fake, I would love a bug/ice pokemon.

I was about to reply with Crabrawler, but then I remembered it's part Fighting. Not certain why I thought a crab would be an insect, but hey, it's late and I'm tired...

Edit:

I am a regular fan, because I ignore most of the stats, don’t trade, don’t care about abilities much, or nature, and sure as heck don’t competitively play. I just study everything.

Posting on an obscure Pokemon forum and studying everything about Pokemon isn't something a regular fan would do. You're hardcore XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom