• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t play the game but I looked at launch, they are just the same Pokémon models with enhanced renders and lighting giving the illusion of it being new. Same as what LGPE and SwSh did with their respective models.
There were no models for Bugsy, Will, Koga, Tate, Kris, and most of the Trainers before Masters.

Maybe I should have asked my question differently. Do you all think there will be any trainer cameos since we have more 3d models for old trainers?

Mabey

Ill explain.

Theres quite a bit we dont know about the postgame and the northern most city of galar. But given the fact battling is such a big thing especially for the people of galar. We could very well see a few returning faces from past gens. Theres a wide pool to choose from if they pick from the models in Pokemon master's to start with.

Red and Blue were the big comeback of sun and moon with a few others mixed in. So sword and sheild would need something diffrent perhaps the X and Y champion or other region champions.

I fell like past gym leaders gym leaders would be a good place to start if there are 18 gym types in the lore of sword and sheild perhaps past gym leader's could return in galar and they give more lore into each type.

I would like to see some trainers cameos, just in general. There are a lot of characters I generally would like to see again, but probably only a few I could see even coming to the region. Then again Sun and Moon had Grimsley which I don't think I ever really understood why.

I would like to see them pull some more post-game story character cameos. I have a soft spot for the recent generations Looker episodes in the post-game, and seeing Anabel was very surprising. And she was more than just there, she was apart of the post-game story. And then there was the entirety of the Rainbow Rocket episode, which is still pretty awesome (I can't believe I still haven't played it yet. I should probably do that).

I would really like to see them pull some older characters back for some post-game story feature though. Or even just a case of Grimsley show up. Battle Facility cameos are fine, but I find just encountering them or having them integrated into some side plot more fun.

Having old cameos is probably a given. That's probably why so many leaks mention it. Old characters have become sort of a tradition at this point. But I highly doubt everyone is coming back unless they do something like Rainbow Rocket or PWT again. They'll probably just have a handful of character spread out as cameos. I see them utilizing a lot of Kalos NPCs for that since they're literally across the Galarian Channel or whatever you want to call it.

I would like to see some trainers cameos, just in general. There are a lot of characters I generally would like to see again, but probably only a few I could see even coming to the region. Then again Sun and Moon had Grimsley which I don't think I ever really understood why.

Dark E4 member on an island with a Dark Kahuna who was supposed to be an E4 member before abdicating the role to his niece.

I mean sure they could have brought back Karen or Sidney. But maybe they used up their vacation days and Grimsley was just closer? Or realistically they couldn't figure out how to make them look different/older so they went with the now depressed and greying vampire ninja gambler.

For me its more about the character and atmosphere of the cities, more than the size. Tho that is a pretty big factor as well.

And Galar looks to have that spades. Especially the Steampunk city.

And honestly I think the Castle City isnt even a "city", more like just a big castle.
Agreed. It hasn't been since Gen V that I'm this excited to explore cities in a pokemon game.

Reminder that file size =/= amount of game content, it mostly corresponds to the compression skill of the developers. USUM is 3 gigs and LGPE is 4, but one of those games is way meatier than the other. That being said, I'm definitely interested to see what caused the file size to balloon by 6-7 gigs

With the download cards out in the wild, might we get a breakdown/leak of the Galar Dex soon?

Edit: I remembered the word - it’s datamine!

Not a chance. Its impossible to hack a download without the decryption key/activation key which is close to impossible to break. Won't go live till the moment it hits the 15th

Datamine is only leaking via a physical copy

what is a download cart ?

Edit : Also serebi confirmed that Gothita & Turtonator will be in the games.

Download card is basically what the name implies. It's a card that gives a code to download the game. You can pre-install the card but again, without the activation key which wont go live till the 15th, there is no method of hacking cracking it.

what is a download cart ?

Edit : Also serebi confirmed that Gothita & Turtonator will be in the games.

It’s a card with a code to download the game. At the moment it’ll only preload the game though. It’ll download all the data, you just won’t be able to play it until the release date

Edit: What @ThePokeSpectre said, ninja’d

At this point, I’m actually looking forward to the datamine simply because we know so little about these games.

I won’t go so far as to read the entire game script ahead of time if that’s leaked, but I will definitely be referring to stat tables and sprites of new Pokémon in order to help me plan my ingame team. And depending on whether or not we get any more trailers, I might Ctrl+F a few keywords in the game dialogue dump. Stuff like “Opal”, “Rotom Phone”, etc.

Yeah I’m also looking forward to the data mine (probably happening the week of release). After SM’s really disappointing one, I can’t wait to take a look at the dex and see the new Pokémon.

For me, I still get really excited when I encounter the new Pokémon and see the animation and all that in HD for the first time, so looking at the static models won’t ruin much for me. Plus I know I won’t be able to resist. lol And I won’t look at any story stuff, I prefer learning that in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom