• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Drampa was predictable too after Turtonator being announced as an exclusive. I just didn't think they would follow the counterpart pattern because I don't think Drampa really fit Galar.

I don't know. Personally, the dragon that looks like an old Loch Ness Monster fits a lot better than a Mata Mata.

I don't know. Personally, the dragon that looks like an old Loch Ness Monster fits a lot better than a Mata Mata.
Oh, I never saw Drampa as being inspired by a Loch Ness monster.

But on second thoughts, it makes sense to Drampa to be in. I guess all dragons will be in (maybe with the exception of A-Exeggutor, legendaries and UBs).

Oh, I never saw Drampa as being inspired by a Loch Ness monster.

But on second thoughts, it makes sense to Drampa to be in. I guess all dragons will be in (maybe with the exception of A-Exeggutor, legendaries and UBs).

I mean, it's based on a mythical Chinese creature. But I could see it being the reason why there's so many sighting of whatever the equivalent of the Loch Ness Monster is in universe.

"There it is!"
"What?"
"The ___ monster!"
"Oh that, that's just Seamus."
"Wait...what?"
"He watches the wee ones from time to time. Sometimes he takes a bath in the the loch."

Also maybe. They are playing up it being the land of dragons and all. With the dragon city.

Didn't get the fetish of Leon dying. Like, they don't even give a reason for it. It is as random as it could be.

"By the way, Leon dies."
Agreed. I think it might even just be a way of like "man this sounds a bit too much like my hopes and dreams. Let's just add something totally spontaneous in it plot to make it sound more real." Except it does the opposite and makes it sound more fake.

That, or the rumor maker is literally just a troll.

Well I found turtonator (sword exclusive it looks like?) I cannot find where gothita is shown though ?

This is quite late, but I actually don't think Turtonator is Sword exclusive. It wouldn't make sense in my opinion considering Turtonator is a more defensive Pokemon with a high defense stat and decent special defense stat. It even has a pseudo-shield attached to its body--its shell.

Its basically confirmed Turt is Sword and Drampa is Shield exclusive based off the download cards, they also showcase other version exclusves throughout the design such as ttar and hydreigon lines as well as gothita and solosis lines. Mandibuzz and Salebleye are also shown who are other likely version exclusives based off previous games.

I think they are just choosing polar opposites, some fit the defensive theme of shield such as Sab and Mandi, and some dont like Gothita being the sword exclusive instead of Solosis. Its not worth over analysing.

Last edited:
Its basically confirmed Turt is Sword and Drampa is Shield exclusive based off the download cards, they also showcase other version exclusves throughout the design such as ttar and hydreigon lines as well as gothita and solosis lines. Mandibuzz and Salebleye are also shown who are other likely version exclusives based off previous games.

I think they are just choosing polar opposites, some fit the defensive theme of shield such as Sab and Mandi, and some dont like Gothita being the sword exclusive instead of Solosis. Its not worth over analysing.

Except we don’t know for sure if solosis is a shield exclusive. Or Sableye, vullaby, and Gothita for that matter. But mainly solosis was shown to be used by your rival in a trailer for both games. Other than the starters I cannot remember them switching the the rivals pokemon between games. Plus that would suddenly make for a lot of version exclusives. Currently about 6 if my count is correct, and I am sure (or at least hopeful) that there will be a new pair. For one wouldn’t they have shown the version exclusives between the two? Like with Drampa and Turtonator.

Other than the starters I cannot remember them switching the the rivals pokemon between games.

Rivals have switched Pokemon outside of their starters such as Barry swapping his Roselia/Ponyta/Buizel for Turtwig/Chimchar/Piplup, however, they've never had interchangeable ace Pokemon or an ace that was version exclusive for that matter.

Back of Sword showcases Gothita, Back of Shield showcases Solosis, thats a big indication. They also did the same with Sab, and Mawile on the back of Sword and Shield. Its clear they are intended to be version exclusives.
Where is this shown? The two picks I have seen don’t seem like they show this?

edit: Nevermind! I finally found solosis or I guess it’s evo anyway?

Update: Does anyone know what is on the switches? I can tell the two cards have different things on them, but not what is on them? My phone zoom just makes it fuzzy. Is it just max raid stuff? Also what is that gym? It doesn’t seem like it’s alisters. The location is wrong from other pictures for one.

Last edited:
Update: Does anyone know what is on the switches? I can tell the two cards have different things on them, but not what is on them? My phone zoom just makes it fuzzy. Is it just max raid stuff? Also what is that gym? It doesn’t seem like it’s alisters. The location is wrong from other pictures for one.
I think it might just be raids. Like the pictures in the right corner on both cards. They are just incredibly tiny.

And the gym on the back is Nessa's. The water bucket mechanics were seen in the demo.

I think that northern city can provide an experience we never had in the series.

It can be a big city with many roaming Pokémon around to catch, almost like a route (Meowth line, Pidove line, Koffing line, Houndour line are some of the ones that comes to mind reminds me of the pichu brothers special).

I mean, even with random encounters, we've had a lot of catch opportunities in cities, but it was usually small lakes, open sewers and the like. Or isolated grasses, like Castelia Park.

There may have been obvious reasons for that, such as not "bothering" the player there and/or making cities more like a safe place (I think they already commented on this in an interview?)

However, with overworld encounters, I think we can have the first experience of a big city as a place with a lot of city-like Pokémon to catch, as well.

Speaking of Castelia, I hope we have access to that city's sewers too, it would be amazing. the more dungeons the better :wynaut: Castelia Sewers is a very memorable place for me. Maybe because it's unique in the series. Although other game's sewers like the one from Ragnarok Online is also a very memorable place, so I think besides it being unique, I just find the concept to be interesting.

Where is this shown? The two picks I have seen don’t seem like they show this?

edit: Nevermind! I finally found solosis or I guess it’s evo anyway?

The Sword one have hydreigon on the switches the shield one have drednaw

Seems like the version exclusives go the usual route:

Sword: solosis line, braviary line, mawile, turtonator
Shield: gothita line, mandibuzz line, sableye, drampa

If one could guess Mismagius line and honchkrow line, Throh, sawk, swirlix line, spritzee line, Skrelp line, and clauncher line, cotonee line and petilil line would be version exclusives too

Last edited:
The Sword one have hydreigon on the switches the shield one have drednaw

Seems like the version exclusives go the usual route:

Sword: solosis line, braviary line, mawile, turtonator
Shield: gothita line, mandibuzz line, sableye, drampa

If one could guess Mismagius line and honchkrow line, Throh, sawk, swirlix line, spritzee line, Skrelp line, and clauncher linee, cotonee line and petilil linewould be version exclusives too

Neither Misdreavus line nor Murkrow's are confirmed though. Skrelp and Clauncher aren't either. The others are confirmed, but exclusive species don't always follow their original counterpart. Heracross is Pinsir's exclusive counterpart on XY, for example. And there is also the possibility of them just not being exclusive, at all.

Edit: ops, my bad, Petilil isn't confirmed either.

Neither Misdreavus line nor Murkrow's are confirmed though. Skrelp and Clauncher aren't either. The others are confirmed, but exclusive species don't always follow their original counterpart. Heracross is Pinsir's exclusive counterpart on XY, for example. And there is also the possibility of them just not being exclusive, at all.

Edit: ops, my bad, Petilil isn't confirmed either.
I said it was a guess does any words in my post did say it was confirmed? I said it was a guess an educated guess at that. Also pinsir and heracross are pitted against each other ever since they have megaevolutions like the houndoom line and manetric line.

Also since cotonee line is confirmed I am pretty sure petilil line is in this game

I said it was a guess does any words in my post did say it was confirmed? I said it was a guess an educated guess at that. Also pinsir and heracross are pitted against each other ever since they have megaevolutions like the houndoom line and manetric line.

Sorry, I thought you were guessing that some Pokémon would be in the game because of a confirmed species we know of. For example: "Swirlix is confirmed, so Spritzee will be in the game as an exclusive version too", I thought you were trying to do that, I think I misunderstood you.

But even if Misdreavus line and Murkrow line were in the game, how would you know they would be exclusive to versions or even counterparts this time around? And Spritzee and Petilil may be in the game too, and yet all of them (Spritzee line, Swirlix line, Petilil line, Cottonee line) could not be exclusive to versions. Or some of them could be exclusive, but not be the counterpart of each other. I mean, I'm just saying it's something too hard to guess.

And I know Pinsir and Heracross were counterparts in XY mainly because of their Megas, it was just an example. They were B2W2 counterparts too.

Edit:
Also since cotonee line is confirmed I am pretty sure petilil line is in this game

You edited the post and I missed this part. That's what I'm saying, just because Cottonee is in the game, and because Petilil was its counterpart originally, doesn't mean that Petilil will be in the game now. And even if it is, it doesn't mean that any of them are version exclusive. And even if any of them were version-exclusive, it doesn't mean that they would counterpart each other.

Last edited:
Download Card update. Picture of the Pokemon Shield Download card contains the first look of the Shield Boi

Both Zacien and Zamazenta look very good in-game, and I'm excited to see them in action

Download Card update. Picture of the Pokemon Shield Download card contains the first look of the Shield Boi

View attachment 126453

Both Zacien and Zamazenta look very good in-game, and I'm excited to see them in action
Yeah I do wonder if we will meet them early on the game the background either looks like the hometown or the wild area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom