• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever their job is, Affleck leaker could also seen some other source, like trailers, videos, etc. I don't see any reason to believe that they played the game itself. I also don't think that someone who didn't get too far in the game would know that much information regarding many different things.

But they didn't know much information though. The only thing they knew that looks like should not be something someone that didn't get far would know were info about Eternatus (which could be revealed early in the game for the player), and about the Gigantamax Forms (what could be revealed by the title screen intro).

They also thought that Zacian and Zamazenta were the same Pokémon, and knew the name of one of them only (probably the one from which they played the version). If they had seen any official extra-game stuff, they would have known they are not the same Pokémon, despite their similar appearance.

There is also the fact that they suspiciously remember Sobble better than the others, which may indicate that it was their starter, and that they only saw others when battled with rivals.

Speculation time (besides those circled in the photo):

Bat: Galarian Zubat or Woobat
Knight: New Pokémon
Long Eevee costume: G-Max Eevee
Cat in corner: Galaran Meowth/Persian/Regional Evolution? (Spiky ball of fur as per Affleck)
Cave painting: Alien factor to Galarian lore
Stick insect: New Pokémon
Dog: Yamper
Navi: New Fairy type
Squirrels (both): Skwovet (top) & Greedunt (bottom)
Magic penguin: G-Max Empoleon
Dragon: New dragon pseudo
Next to it: G-Max Hitmonlee
Nessie: G-Max Lapras
Footballer: Scorbunny final evo
Spy: Sobble Final Evo
Primate: Grookey final evo
Long cat: G-Max Meowth
Ram statue: Wooloo evo
Statue: Speculated gargoyle Pokémon
Machamp: G-Max Machamp OR (wishlist, yeah) Galarian Metagross dropping Psychic for Fighting
Butterfly: G-Max Butterfree
Sheep: Wooloo - common, perhaps the new "common rodent"
Obese Pikachu: G-Max Pikachu

No idea what that red thing in the top center could be, though.
Oh right, we didn't see zubat yet.
it might really be a galarian form
i think the dragon is giga charizard tho

I think you misunderstood my point. The point was that death in childrens games/cartoons isn't an automatic no.
I know. I listed some examples. But the thing is, if Pokemon is going to have an on screen death, there's actually be a body that won't fade away. They'd probably go the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure route and have soul dust ascend to the heavens.

But at the same time, all the examples I've listed had been off screen (Marrowak, the girl), vauge (Lysandre, pokedex entries), or we just see the body (Eternal Flabebe).

So on one hand it could happen, sure. But on the other that leak still seemed pretty random. I mean they could have said anybody could die.

Arguably, that's the worst kind of pandering, since it takes up dex numbers instead of just being forms.

Eh, while they did use a similar base concept that doesn't mean the final design is a waste of dex space. To use your example, Geodude and Roggenrola use the same base of a three stage rock line, but the former is based around a rolling boulder while the latter is based around metamorphic rocks, and they both use that secondary concept to make entirely different designs. In fact, IMO I'd go as far as to say I prefer the Roggenrola line since the end result is far more conceptually interesting to me then what the Geodude line accomplishes.

Granted, I'm not going to pretend every Unova expy (or any other expy like the many common birds) are a home run in that regard, but I feel that reexploring a concept doesn't automatically make it a worse or wasted designs. There's a lot you can do using the same base concept, it's just a matter of being creative with the ideas you have.

Same boat as you tbh
like i want to know more, but also discover things myself when i play

Right? And by this time in the SM we had a Demo and lots of info dumps and a data mine incoming. We also knew the island names. We don’t even know a single town name, yet! This is so a wild ride.

All I know is I’m picking up my copy at midnight and taking the 15th off to play

But they didn't know much information though.
They actually know much, as they said there's a lot I'm missing. They also know about all stages of the starters, which is not something you usually learn without playing most of the game. Info they gave is short probably because it's written in a rush.

Right? And by this time in the SM we had a Demo and lots of info dumps and a data mine incoming. We also knew the island names. We don’t even know a single town name, yet! This is so a wild ride.

All I know is I’m picking up my copy at midnight and taking the 15th off to play

Yeah, there is going to be a lot to discover for ourselves! Super excited to pick these games up.

When the eventual datamine of this game does happen, I'll probably only look at the new Pokemon (as I do want a better idea of my team, or at least Pokemon I should look out for as potential team members. But the rest I think I'll go silent with.

What is the number of all the pokemon revealed so far? ( new poke, new galar, giganta and obvious evo like g- rapidash) i wana know the number of the max potential pokemon we have so far.

What is the number of all the pokemon revealed so far? ( new poke, new galar, giganta and obvious evo like g- rapidash) i wana know the number of the max potential pokemon we have so far.

Taking into account everything we know unrevealed from trailers and thanks to the dynamax camera.

40 new gen 8 pokemon
5 galar forms ( including rapidash )
8 gigantamax pokemon

45 so far 48 if you count gen 8 gigantamax pokemon.

Id say there is at least 30 more new gen 8 along with at least 20 more galar forms ( i based that off of alola forms)

This is great

edit:
new "leaks" from 4chan:
I guess there's no use in keeping this secret since they're revealing more next week. Next Wednesday the 23rd.

Wormandise a Bug type and early route Pokémon. A fat caterpillar with a voracious appetite that's considered a pest by farmers in Galar. Evolves into Huskpod also Bug type. A massive cocoon that hides among crops as it awaits evolution. Final evolution is Beeheemoth Bug/Dark type a huge moth that uses its size to bully other Pokémon for food and territory ironically stays away from Cutiefly and Ribombee.

The evolution of Wooloo Shreep is revealed. A Normal/Ghost type. Wooloo gains big curled horns and becomes bigger in size its wool has ridiculously grown along with its hair which now drags on the ground. Has a fearful look on its face. Having been exposed to the hardships of battle this Pokémon was forced to adapt to its stressful surroundings.

Galarian Pachirisu. Electric/Fire type. Long considered to be extinct in the wild this variant of Pachirisu started to dwindle in number when competion for food was at an all time high thanks to a certain Pokémon.

Last edited:
Speculation time (besides those circled in the photo):

Bat: Galarian Zubat or Woobat
Knight: New Pokémon
Long Eevee costume: G-Max Eevee
Cat in corner: Galarian Meowth/Persian/Regional Evolution? (Spiky ball of fur as per Affleck)
Cave painting: Alien factor to Galarian lore
Stick insect: New Pokémon
Dog: Yamper
Navi: New Fairy type
Squirrels (both): Skwovet (top) & Greedunt (bottom)
Magic penguin: G-Max Empoleon
Dragon: New dragon pseudo Edit: @dvor pointed out G-Max Charizard and I agree.
Next to it: G-Max Hitmonlee
Nessie: G-Max Lapras
Footballer: Scorbunny final evo
Spy: Sobble Final Evo
Primate: Grookey final evo
Long cat: G-Max Meowth
Ram statue: Wooloo evo
Statue: Speculated gargoyle Pokémon
Machamp: G-Max Machamp OR (wishlist, yeah) Galarian Metagross dropping Psychic for Fighting
Butterfly: G-Max Butterfree
Sheep: Wooloo - common, perhaps the new "regional rodent"
Obese Pikachu: G-Max Pikachu

No idea what that red thing in the top center could be, though.
We literally just got a g-max Eevee, it's not a long Eevee costume but just represents Eevee I'm pretty sure. Most people put the dragon head and knight next to the Eevee to represent dragon and steel evolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom