• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a Ghost type Eevee. We've already got Psychic, Dark, and Fairy. The key type missing from those three is Ghost. Also, I like Ghost types a lot.

Does this mean that Persian may not be in SwSh since Gigantamax capable meowth is a gift pokemon?

Taking into account everything we know unrevealed from trailers and thanks to the dynamax camera.

40 new gen 8 pokemon
5 galar forms ( including rapidash )
8 gigantamax pokemon

45 so far 48 if you count gen 8 gigantamax pokemon.

Id say there is at least 30 more new gen 8 along with at least 20 more galar forms ( i based that off of alola forms)
Thank you so much :)

Plus one for Gigantamax Lapras.

But how do the new pokemon add up to 40? I am trying to count with the 6 more starter evos, Eternatus, two squirrels, 2 bird evos for Corvi, one for the cream and 1 for the turtle but I do not think they become 40?

Given the current numbers,
I am hoping for
40 more new pokemon
15 more Galar forms
20 Giganta forms

I think it's pretty possible that we might get a regional Meowth alongside the regular gift-only Gigantamaxable Meowth. Might mean no normal Persian in Galar.

I can see that happening

@Gísli for the most part I agree with your list. Except I don’t believe the dragon head is charizard. I think both that and the knight are eeveelutions. I also worry about this leak because it piggiebacks hard off of others. Morpecko is the only one that makes me curious. I also think either the cave painting or the hitmonlee looking one is eternatus. In terms of piggieback. The machamp with extra arms and the eeveelutions come from another leak.

I think it's pretty possible that we might get a regional Meowth alongside the regular gift-only Gigantamaxable Meowth. Might mean no normal Persian in Galar.
It would definitely explain the months of confusion about the two supposedly incompatible parts of the leak. Kantonian Meowth is gift-only and gigantamaxes. Galarian Meowth is found in the wild, and has a regional evolution (I’m assuming it first evolves into Galarian Persian, since why not just call this evolution Persian if it evolves fun Meowth).

We literally just got a g-max Eevee

Yeah... but the picture is supposedly older than the reveal? At least that's what I understood from the context it was posted in. If I am mistaken, my bad, I suppose.

@Gísli for the most part I agree with your list. Except I don’t believe the dragon head is charizard. I think both that and the knight are eeveelutions. I also worry about this leak because it piggiebacks hard off of others. Morpecko is the only one that makes me curious. I also think either the cave painting or the hitmonlee looking one is eternatus. In terms of piggieback. The machamp with extra arms and the eeveelutions come from another leak.

Oh, yeah. I'm not making taking any stance on the veracity of this supposed leak. Just trying to decipher what the author of the image is trying to convey, completely regardless of whether it's based on true insider info, other leaks or just on pure fabrications.

I'm not even going to engage in debating the authenticity of leaks this season. In the LGPE leak season, everyone seemed to agree that real leakers mixed wrong info into their leaks to avoid being identified and compromising their positions. This season, everything is shot down en masse if a single point seems to be off. Probably a result of the negative reaction to Dexit but the discussion has in any case lost its encouragement of participation as a result. At least that's how I feel.

Oh, yeah. I'm not making taking any stance on the veracity of this supposed leak. Just trying to decipher what the author of the image is trying to convey, completely regardless of whether it's based on true insider info, other leaks or just on pure fabrications.

I'm not even going to engage in debating the authenticity of leaks this season. In the LGPE leak season, everyone seemed to agree that real leakers mixed wrong info into their leaks to avoid being identified and compromising their positions. This season, everything is shot down en masse if a single point seems to be off. Probably a result of the negative reaction to Dexit but the discussion has in any case lost its encouragement of participation as a result. At least that's how I feel.
I wasn’t necessarily debating whether it was fake or not as much as explaining why I felt like those were Meant to be eeveelutions. Because it came from another leak (I think it was the same leak if I remember correctly) that had both the gmax machamp with extra arms, and steel and dragon eevees. To be honest I’m really not sure where I stand with this leak. I’m actually inclined to believe it, but it does bounce off the backs of others. Affleck especially, but so do they all because we know it’s right now. If it did not have those I would be less likely to believe it. Plus Morpecko. I just don’t think the one is gmax charizard. Mostly because I have noooo idea what the knight would ever be.

There is also a gmax eevee on it. Retro pikachu and sirfetch’d
Retro Pikachu and Sirfetch'd were already leaked from Affleck, and it's not a huge stretch to imagine Eevee getting a GMax form when Pikachu and Meowth did, too.
new "leaks" from 4chan:
I guess there's no use in keeping this secret since they're revealing more next week. Next Wednesday the 23rd.
"I guess I might as well violate my NDA and risk getting in trouble to give out information a week earlier." lmao
Wormandise a Bug type and early route Pokémon
Yes, name a Pokemon Wormandise when we already have Wormadam. I see no problem here.

I'm not even going to engage in debating the authenticity of leaks this season. In the LGPE leak season, everyone seemed to agree that real leakers mixed wrong info into their leaks to avoid being identified and compromising their positions. This season, everything is shot down en masse if a single point seems to be off.
That's a silly reasoning though. That would protect no one.
martinmister
Martianmister
My gender is not a secret.

Last edited:
But how do the new pokemon add up to 40? I am trying to count with the 6 more starter evos, Eternatus, two squirrels, 2 bird evos for Corvi, one for the cream and 1 for the turtle but I do not think they become 40?

Grookey + stage 2 + stage 3
Scorbunny + stage 2 + stage 3
Sobble + stage 2 + stage 3
stage 1 + stage 2 + Corviknight
(12)
Wooloo + stage 2
stage 1 + Polteageist
stage 1 + Drednaw
Yamper + stage 2
(20)
Duraludon
Gossifleur + Eldegoss
Cramorant
Impidimp
stage 1 + Alcremie
(27)
Rolycoly + stage 2
Obstagoon
Sirfetch'd
Zacian
Zamazenta
(33)
Morpeko
Eternatus
Skwovet
Greedunt
Cramorant's fish dart
Rose's teapot elephant
Ummm those shadowy creatures on the pier by Nessa's Gym I guess? or Meteordyna
(40/41)

Last edited:
Thank you so much :)

Plus one for Gigantamax Lapras.

Given the current numbers,
I am hoping for
40 more new pokemon
15 more Galar forms
20 Giganta forms

Heres how i broke it down and how i got to 40

9 - total for all 3 starters together
2 - for the gossiflur line
2 - for the alcremie line
2 - for the polteagiest line
2 - for the drednaw line
1 - for the duraludon line
3 - for the corviknight line
2 - for the wooloo line
2 - for the yamper line
2 - for the rolycoly line
1 - for the morpecko line
1 - for the cramorant line
2 - for the legendary wolves

31 - total revealed counting both offical and leaked

Unrevealed

1 - impidimp
1 - charman roses pokemon
2 - chipmunk pokemon
1 - barracuda pokemon
1 - pokemon ( behind the man at the pokecenter )
1 - statuesque looking pokemon

38 total

Include

Obstagoon and Sirfetch'd

And we get 40

They actually know much, as they said there's a lot I'm missing. They also know about all stages of the starters, which is not something you usually learn without playing most of the game. Info they gave is short probably because it's written in a rush.
Meant to say they didn't seem to know much about all the game in its entirety, but about its beginning~middle only. They said much, but almost everything seems to be about the beginning~middle of the game (as we speculated, not almost everything, but everything they said should be, actually). They said that there was a lot missing, but we don't know what was missing, could be all things of the beginning~middle of the game as well (given the context, seems to be the most likely scenario to me). They even say they haven't gone far, and they cite what seems to be the order of the gyms (at least of one of the versions) until Opal. So, even if they read a document as you say, they would probably still know a lot, but things from the beginning~middle of the game only, given the context and the information they gave. But okay, we can agree to disagree. This is just the way I interpreted it, it was interesting to see that you interpret it differently and the way you're interpreting it.

I'm not even going to engage in debating the authenticity of leaks this season. In the LGPE leak season, everyone seemed to agree that real leakers mixed wrong info into their leaks to avoid being identified and compromising their positions. This season, everything is shot down en masse if a single point seems to be off.

About that image, it was fun to read your speculation. But just adding on what EonLovers said about the Eevee's part, if that was meant to be a Gmax Eevee, instead of Dragon and Steel Eeveelutions, they would have placed it next to Pikachu and Machamp at the end of the image.

About leakers mixing false information, I think most of the time - if not every time - it's just wrong information, that can be so for a lot of reasons. But that explanation never made much sense.

As for why some people can be reacting differently, I think people could be doing so because they got used to fake leaks by now. And fake leaks can predict things correctly too. We happen to have a very large and very active community. With so many people speculating about so many things and so many times, it isn't difficult to predict many things correctly. The same goes for fake leaks. We have many, maybe more than 2 a day. Eventually, some of them will correctly predict a lot, but that doesn't mean it was a leak.

Last edited:
About leakers mixing false information, I think most of the time - if not every time - it's just wrong information, that can be so for a lot of reasons. But that explanation never made much sense.
Very much agreed, the whole "leakers mix false information in to protect themselves" is just a BS excuse for rumors that just happened to guess some things right. Pretty sure that none of the "leaks" that "threw fake info in" have ever had particularly specific things that they got correct that only an insider would know.

As for why some people can be reacting differently, I think people could be doing so because they get used to fake leaks by now. And fake leaks can predict things correctly too. We happen to have a very large and very active community. With so many people creating speculation about so many things and so many times, it isn't difficult to predict many things correctly. The same goes for fake leaks. We have many, maybe more than 2 a day. Eventually, some of them will correctly predict a lot, but that doesn't mean it was a leak.

That's fair and I don't disagree with you per se. Of course 99% of the "leaks" that get posted here are fake - but the thing is that everyone knows it. That's the premise of the entire discussion. How it's tackled within those parameters can be fertile or it can be a mechanical process. And that is greatly influenced by people's feelings and views on the subject in general. Hence why I brought E3 and the Dexit fallout into my tirade. I'm not saying anyone is factually wrong. I just find the atmosphere in this particular discussion less pleasant than it was and I imagine that's a repellant to other genuinely interested people. But, then again, I might just be living in my own bubble. :X3:

That's fair and I don't disagree with you per se. Of course 99% of the "leaks" that get posted here are fake - but the thing is that everyone knows it. That's the premise of the entire discussion. How it's tackled within those parameters can be fertile or it can be a mechanical process. And that is greatly influenced by people's feelings and views on the subject in general. Hence why I brought E3 and the Dexit fallout into my tirade. I'm not saying anyone is factually wrong. I just find the atmosphere in this particular discussion less pleasant than it was and I imagine that's a repellant to other genuinely interested people. But, then again, I might just be living in my own bubble. :X3:

I see, but to be fair, I think nothing about that has changed since before the Dexit announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom