• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring the 8th gym stuff, that master league rumor looked real 'till .. you know why , the elemental armor

Ignoring the 8th gym stuff, that master league rumor looked real 'till .. you know why , the elemental armor
Yeah. Armor is pretty much the "Synchro Evolution" of the generation. A new mechanic that everyone thinks is going to happen and then it ends up not happening.

Would at least "fix" Pokemon like Meganium & Lapras, or maybe Snorlax regains a little past glory. Don't see how that idea works with dual typed Pokemon though unless the secondary type is lost.

Galar Region is the birthplace of Pokemon Battles. Used to be violent Gladiator battles, till two warriors were engaged in a Pokemon battle that lasted an entire year - neither one giving an inch.

Not gonna lie, the legendary lore is actually pretty interesting to me & the rumor overall is at least more entertaining than most of the other ones. Wouldn't be disappointed if it ended up real.

The Geri & Freki rumor just got something in its favor, as the conference revealed that Pokemon Bank will be replaced with a new application called Pokemon Home.

That rumor just said that Bank would probably die, without alluding to a new service. Personally, I don't think that Bank evolving into something "new" would have been a hard guess, anyway.

That rumor just said that Bank would probably die, without alluding to a new service. Personally, I don't think that Bank evolving into something "new" would have been a hard guess, anyway.
Yeah. That was an easy guess. That rumor also claims that the Battle Frontier is returning, so take it with a grain of salt just like every other rumor that isn't confirmed to be fake.

Oh god not the Geri&Freki rumor. That one is the worst case scenario. Only 85 new Pokemon with no new regional variants and such is not good, especially if they include a good chunk of Legendaries. Then again, a Battle Frontier, 3 new Eeveelutions, and a Dark type gym is great.

Last edited:
Was the “Dex Leak” rumor made by the Chinese Riddler?

Legends are based on Geri and Freki from Norse mythology. Freki is Sword's legendary and is Steel/Dark. Geri is Shield's legendary and is Steel/Poison
Starters final types are Grass/Rock, Fire/Electric, and Water/Ghost. They have an entertainment theme: Grookey represents music, Scorbunny represents sports, and Sobble represents drama
Professor is named Professor Rose and is female
Regional dex contains 450 Pokemon
85 new Pokemon
Ghost, Dragon, and Steel type Eeveelutions are introduced.
There is a Dark-type gym
League is the giant tower in the London-like city
Battle Frontier returns
Armored Evolution leak is fake
No regional variants
No new Megas
No new types
No Kalos
Pokemon Bank will most likely die (Pokemon Bank will be replaced with a new application called Pokemon Home. Bank itself will still be supported, it will just be exclusive to the 3DS.)
Plot not as deep as Black and White, but is well written

Not sure I want more Norse legendary Pokemon when we already have the ones in Kalos. I think Xerneas is actually based on an old Celtic deity called Cernnunos and Zygarde seems vaguely Hindu if Bulbapedia is any indication but for some reason everyone think they are supposed to be Norse.

I love the idea of a water/ghost Sobble3 that represents drama. Maybe they can find a way to include Kabuki theatre in the design.

I love the idea of a Professor Rose.

Cannot see new Eveelutions coming or we would likely know about them by now.

Doubt the Battle Frontier is actually coming back but that would be cool if it did. It's a bit odd that supposedly the Battle Frontier returns but no new mega evolutions or regional variants or some other gimmicks

Last edited:
Im not a big fan of the geri and freki leak, it basically brings nothing new like kalos post game, megas or regional variants but on the othe hand gamefreak tends to be lazy and not bring fan favourite features back so im not sure what to think,

85 pokemon is a bit disappointing but its the amount i estimate the new games to have. Itll be fine as long they dont put 25-30 legends in it like they did in gen 7

I do LOVE the idea of my top 3 wanted eeveelutions becoming a thing at the same time though. Although if we STILL dont have any information on eeveelutions by this next direct i think we can kiss the idea goodbye

Also about time we get a professor named rose, i hope thats real

Also about time we get a professor named rose, i hope thats real
Speaking of that, that's another thing to watch out for in the Direct. Its highly possible we're going to meet the Galar Region's local professor, and if the professor is not a woman named Professor Rose, it does push back the Geri&Freki rumor, which I really hope for.

People, just so you know (I mean, I was confused before Riley editing the thread and putting the phrase in italics), the phrases "Pokemon Bank will be replaced with a new application called Pokemon Home. Bank itself will still be supported, it will only be exclusive to the 3DS" were added by Riley. The original "rumor" just said: "Pokemon Bank will most likely die". And well, that wasn't a difficult guess to do.

Speaking of that, that's another thing to watch out for in the Direct. Its highly possible we're going to meet the Galar Region's local professor, and if the professor is not a woman named Professor Rose, it does push back the Geri&Freki rumor, which I really hope for.

Good point, i think theres a high chance the professor is revealed next direct since theyre typically revealed early (?)

People, just so you know (I mean, I was confused before Riley editing the thread and putting the phrase in italics), the phrases "Pokemon Bank will be replaced with a new application called Pokemon Home. Bank itself will still be supported, it will only be exclusive to the 3DS" were added by Riley. The original "rumor" just said: "Pokemon Bank will most likely die". And well, that wasn't a difficult guess to do.

Im not sure about that, the general consensus on reddit for example that pokemon bank was gonna be ported to switch. But youre right that it is very vague and doesnt say much

The dex leak, well at least the one I saw on twitter last night.

It was almost believable, until I see an evolution for Heliolisk called "Heliolizard" - once a sun stone is used to evolve a Helioptile into Heliolisk using a sun stone, Heliolisk will not learn any additional moves by leveling up. So unless there are plans to change that, it would be redundant to give an evolution to Heliolisk.

So I am calling bs on that leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom