• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
and Loch Ness Monster, Centaur, Yeti, Leprechaun, Ghoul, Manticore, Gnome, Troll, Hippogriff, Hippocampus.

Lapras = Loch Ness monster
Abomasnow = yeti.

There's also a chance that Pyroar was a homogenized Maticore given the fire typing. We also have a ton of sea horses that fit the hippocampus role, even if none of them look like actual horses.

So that leak hasn't been deemed unlikely yet except for the eevee-part?

The leak mentions too many new Pokemon and Galarian Forms, with the total exceeding the amount of new Pokemon introduced in BW (156).
Oh I didn't count them.

Yeah, that would make it a bit too much.

Just because Eevee has its own game doesn't mean 90% of the fandom does not want a new Pokemon with a gimmick like Eevee's.

I'm lost...I 100% thought you were arguing the opposite position.

Would it maybe be possible to cut down on the use of double negatives?

Edit: Yeah looking back on it I thought you were trying to argue that eevee wasn't popular. Now I'm confused.

Last edited:
I mean we did get rockruff which is kinda close
Rockruff evolves into one Pokemon with different forms. That's more akin to Burmy than Eevee. (And Burmy can evolve into Mothim, too, so that's being generous to Rockruff)
Have you seen this rumour yet?

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/blazikerm/status/1186854622331396096

If you scroll the twitter page there's a lot of stuff there. It was fun to read though it doesn't seem real to me.

Juztiz already pointed out plenty of reasons to doubt it, but I'll point out a few more issues:
  • This person claims they played through enough to get Scorbunny evolved once, and then Sobble evolved twice? That's way more than any of the playthroughs we've heard from reliable sources
  • Despite playing through twice, they claim they could only get one fossil-not that they chose it twice, that they didn't even have the option.
  • "It wasn't using its feet to attack, it was using speed and its feet were on fire"
  • Officially referencing all the pseudos doesn't make much sense, considering that's purely a fan term. It seems like it's just done so that they can justify why they'd know what the pseudos were. (although that does pain me to be skeptical of bc that dog and griffin do sound adorable)
  • "the only Gigantamax I saw was the Champion's ace if they had one"-what? If you saw the ace, why wouldn't you know that they had one? (And he also admits to knowing about GMax Charizard later in the post)
  • "this peacock uses beautiful motives to hypnotize its opponents"-I know they're pretending that they're French and don't speak English well, but considering they just referred to another Pokemon as "really fucking cute", I have a hard time believing their English is bad enough that they would get "motives" out of "feathers".
  • "Oh I never heard about Pokemon jobs being officially announced but I totally leaked it now without looking! Please believe me"
  • Not only do they retread Eevee, they also retread Castform instead of just giving it a new form or evo?

I'm lost...I 100% thought you were arguing the opposite position.

Would it maybe be possible to cut down on the use of double negatives?
Just because Eevee has its own game does not mean 90% of the fandom does not want a new Pokemon with a gimmick like Eevee's.

I don't think there are any double negatives in this sentence; if there were, then it would read "Just because Eevee has its own game doesn't not mean 90% of the fandom doesn't not want a new Pokemon with a gimmick like Eevee's." I think a double negative is having two negatives right after each other like "doesn't not" or "haven't never," not having two negative statements in a sentence overall.

But, to clarify, I'm saying that Let's Go Eevee doesn't prove the fandom wouldn't like a new Eevee-like Pokemon.

I don't think there are any double negatives in this sentence; if there were, then it would read "Just because Eevee has its own game doesn't not mean 90% of the fandom doesn't not want a new Pokemon with a gimmick like Eevee's." I think a double negative is having two negatives right after each other like "doesn't not" or "haven't never," not having two negative statements in a sentence overall.

But, to clarify, I'm saying that Let's Go Eevee doesn't prove the fandom wouldn't like a new Eevee-like Pokemon.

Yeah I thought you were trying to say Eevee isn't popular. Carry on.

Okay so some "updates"

First off, someone in the thread summed up the Pokémon Wenge (from the Twitter thread above) rumour/possible leak.
View attachment 126784
Here, I made a list of all the pokemon mentioned in this thread, save this message or something:
GALARIAN FORMS:

NEW POKEMON AND EVOS:

NEW GIGANTAMAX:

That's all folks.

I really like this leak. I don't really think it's all that credible. It completely forgets Grookey's evos (like maybe they haven't seen it, but how have they seen that much other stuff without seeing Grookey?), I don't doubt them making a new Eevee like Pokemon, but I think they would do something like it later. Also this supposed Eevee counterpart just sounds way too much like Eevee (when I see Eevee, I see dog/fox with cat influence for its evolutions).

But I love the ideas in it! Adorable pig Pokemon with fairy wings? Yes! I might have doubted the Eevee idea but that doesn't mean I don't want this one! It sounds adorable! Majestic fairy dragon? I need it now. A freaking memory stealing book Pokemon?! Count. me. in.

Only in my dreams do we see a dex like this.

Why it is taking so long for GF to make a Griffin? is it hard to come up with this idea? 20+ years and they still repeat some animal and forget the cool mythical creatures.
Well, it took them till Gen VII to make a wolf, something that was featured in every other monster catching/collecting game. Or maybe it is trapped in the same situation that Sharpedo was in.

Grass/Flying Zubat and Golbat
Fairy Lickitung
Bug/Fighting Ledyba and Ledian
Dark/Normal Girafarig
Ground/Electric Phanpy and Donphan
Bug/Fairy Surskit
Dark Slakoth and Vigoroth, Team Yell use them
Ice/Bug Larvesta
Water/Steel Carvanha
Bug/Ground Venipede
Psychic/Fairy Arbok
Psychic/Flying Rapidash (Pegasus)

Scorbunny second evolution, pure fire, it just gets bigger
Sobble second evo, Water/Ghost
Sobble third evo looks like a water Sceptile and has a retractable pouch on its throat
Rock/Water Plesiosaurus from Fin Fossil
Rock/Grass Therizinosaurus from unknown fossil
Unknown Pokemon from "Ventouse"(Suction Pad?) Fossil
Ledian Evolution
Girafarig Evolution
Different Surskit evo
Different Vigoroth evo
Different Carvanha evo
Different Venipede evo
Impidimp evo, sleek gargoyle with lots of wings
Cute black pup, Dark type
Scarecrow Pokemon
Red Hippogriff (Pure flying)
Big goofy dragon (Fairy/Dragon) that evolves into a smaller but more majestic dragon and evolves again into a pure majestic fae Dragon
Xenomorph looking Pokemon, Dark/Poison
Ice/Water Narwhal
Fire/Poison Mushroom
Memory eater Book, Ghost/Normal
Fighting/Steel Boxing Robot
Ground/Bug useless antlion (like Magikarp) that evolves into a Leviathan-esque Sandworm
Rolycoly last evo is a Wagon
Cute pig with small wings (Pure Fairy)
Yeti Pokemon
Hypnotizing Peacock (Psychic)
Yamper evolution
New eeveelutions, a dragon eevee and a steel eevee
Eevee counterpart (black fox/dog/cat something), it has 3 evolutions (Fire, Electric and Water)
Moumouton evos based in gender: male is a badass masculine looking goat and female is a cool looking ram
Muscular, human like, Pokemon with hair and mustache, Fighting/Dark
Cramorant fish is an actual Pokemon, pure water, evolves into a Barracuda/Shark thing
Cute cloud Pokemon that change form with the weather like Castform
Sunflora Evolution

I have to say that I really like a lot of these, and could easily see them being stuff that Gamefreak could come up with. The really interesting bit, and what also makes me feel like this might end up being fake, is the Galarian branch evolutions. I honestly can't see GameFreak keep silent about the prospect of giving Regional Variants a split evolution. Especially since they made the effort to reveal Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd, and the fact that they're going to make Regional Evolutions a thing.

Last edited:
I have to say that I really like a lot of these, and could easily see them being stuff that Gamefreak could come up with. The really interesting bit, and what also makes me feel like this might end up being fake, is the Galarian branch evolutions. I honestly can't see GameFreak keep silent about the prospect of giving Regional Variants a split evolution. Especially since they made the effort to reveal Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd, and the fact that they're going to make Regional Evolutions a thing.
As much as I agree with you, it could be a situation where Pokémon like Galarian Surskit can’t become a Masquerain at all.

As much as I agree with you, it could be a situation where Pokémon like Galarian Surskit can’t become a Masquerain at all.
The leak mentioned G-Surskit, G-Vigoroth, G-Carvanha, and G-Venipede getting different evolutions as opposed to giving Galarian forms to their already existing evolutions.

Though now that I think about it, the Affleck leak specifically mentioned Meowth getting a Galarian Evolution and not Persian. Either that was an error (which the leak is filled with as it is) or split evolutions are in fact a thing.

The leak mentioned G-Surskit, G-Vigoroth, G-Carvanha, and G-Venipede getting different evolutions as opposed to giving Galarian forms to their already existing evolutions.

Though now that I think about it, the Affleck leak specifically mentioned Meowth getting a Galarian Evolution and not Persian. Either that was an error (which the leak is filled with as it is) or split evolutions are in fact a thing.
And that statement means that there’s at least precedence of such a split in evolution occurring. Said statement isn’t enough evidence to debunk this leak in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom