• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a tangent but, at least for me I think X and Y were so forgettable because they never got a third version/second set of games. So if you only play thru each game once like me then you only went through Kalos once.
Yeah, and this may just be me, but I feel like X and Y had more potential to build upon in a third version that never happened. It's a shame, really.

On another note, I heard we all love leaks that claim to know the whole Pokedex? Didn't screenshot, because with the long scrolling text thing, it's more comfortable for me to copypaste, and probably easier to read like this, too.

th Generation will have 133 New Pokemon and Forms in total: 29 Galarian Forms, 15 Galarian or Cross Gen Evolutions, 8 Legendaries and 81 other Pokemon
I know all the Galarian Froms, Evolutions and Cross Gen Evolutions, Whether you choose to believe this is up to you:

• Spearow (Ground/Flying)
  • Fearow (Ground/Flying) ---> Lv 20
  • Pilgrow (Ground/Flying) ---> Happiness
  • Paras (Bug)
  • Parasect (Bug/Ghost) ---> Lv 24
  • Paraspite (Bug/Ghost) ---> Lv 40 in Glimwood at Night
  • Meowstab (Steel) ---> Level up (Meowth) with Metal Coat equipped
  • Ponyta (Psychic)
  • Rapidash (Psychic/Flying) ----> Lv 40
  • Sirfetch'd (Fighting) ---> Lv 35 (Fatfetch'd) with 1 Fighting Type in your party
  • Dewgong (Water/Fairy) ---> Lv 34 (Seel)
  • Kingler (Water/Steel) ---> Lv 28 (Krabby)
  • Weezing (Poison/Fairy) ---> Happiness + Affection (Koffing)

• Furlong (Normal/Dragon) ---> Level "Furret" in Special Place
  • Ledyba (Bug/Psychic)
  • Ledian (Bug/Psychic) ---> Lv 18
  • Ledistar (Bug/Psychic) ---> Happiness
  • Sunflora (Grass/Fire) ---> Sun Stone (on Sunkern)
  • Sunmajora (Grass/Fire) ---> Trade
  • Girafarad (Dark/Psychic) ---> Lv 40 Girafarig at Night
  • Phanpy (Fairy)
  • Donphan (Fairy/Flying) ---> Shiny Stone

• Zigzagoon (Normal/Dark)
  • Linoone (Normal/Dark) ---> Lv20
  • Obstagoon (Normal/Dark) ---> Lv 35

• Shinx (Dark)
  • Luxio (Dark/Poison) --> Teach a Poison move to Shinx
  • Luxray (Dark/Poison) --> Lv 30
  • Vespikin (Bug/Fighting) ---> Dawn Stone on Male Combee
  • Pachirisu (Electric/Ground)
  • Pachirama (Electric/Ground) ---> Happniess at Day
  • Lopunny (Fighting/Dark) ---> Dusk Stone on Buneary
  • Chatot (Electric/Flying)
  • Chatatter (Electric/Flying) ---> Thunder Stone
  • Klink (Steel/Electric)
  • Klang (Steel/Electric)
  • Klinklang (Steel/Electric)
  • Mienryu (Fighting/Dragon) ---> Trade "Mienshao" with a Dragon Type
  • Pawniard (Steel/Fighting)
  • Bisharp (Steel/Fighting) ---> Lv 52
  • Larvesta (Bug/Ice)
  • Volcarona (Bug/Ice) ---> Lv 59

- Aromatizer (Fairy/Dark) ---> Dusk Stone on Aromatisse

- Shiinoshade (Ghost/Fairy) ---> Lv 40 in Glimwood at Night (Shiinotic)

YOU ARE WELCOME
Very much doubt it. Not (only) because apparently they know the whole dex and all the numbers but only leak the Galarian forms & evolutions, but most of all because a lot of the evolution methods feel so highly specific, especially changing normal evolutions to highly specific ones for Galarian forms. (Like for Shinx, Phanpy, Weezing, Meowth)
The further down the list you go, the more unbeliavable it gets imo.

And another thread I found:
  • Grookey - Grass
  • Drumape - Grass
  • Bongorilla - Grass/Rock
  • Scorbunny - Fire
  • Raboot - Fire
  • Harebolt - Fire/Electric
  • Sobble - Water
  • Sizzile - Water
  • Intelleon - Water/Poison
  • Wooloo - Normal
  • Baabam - Normal/Steel
  • Corvipage - Flying/Normal
  • Corvisquire - Flying/Normal
  • Corviknight - Flying/Steel
  • Noctowl (Galarian) - Ghost/Flying
  • Zigzagoon (Galarian) - Normal/Dark
  • Linoone (Galarian) - Normal/Dark
  • Obstagoon - Normal/Dark
  • Ledyba (Galarian) - Bug/Psychic
  • Ledian (Galarian) - Bug/Psychic
  • Ledysire - Bug/Psychic
  • Spinarak (Galarian) - Bug/Ghost
  • Ariados (Galarian) - Bug/Ghost
  • Spinister - Bug/Ghost
  • Gossifleur - Grass
  • Eldegoss - Grass
  • Weezing (Galarian) - Poison/Fairy
  • Duraldon - Steel/Dragon
  • Twigsect - Bug
  • Branchirp - Bug
  • Incogstick - Bug/Fighting
  • Drebite - Water/Rock
  • Drednaw - Water/Rock
  • Frubat - Grass/Flying
  • Fructobat - Grass/Flying
  • Spoink (Galarian) - Fairy/Ground
  • Grumpig (Galarian) - Fairy/Ground
  • Yamper - Electric
  • Canispark - Electric
  • Delibird (Galarian) - Psychic/Flying
  • Magibird - Psychic/Flying
  • Meowth (Galarian) - Steel
  • Bengallas - Steel
  • Bilburrow - Ground
  • Walloplow - Ground/Fighting
  • Narwail - Fairy/Ghost
  • Narweep- Fairy/Ghost
  • Morpeko - Electric/Dark
  • Pipsweet- Fairy
  • Alcremie - Fairy
  • Rolycoly - Rock
  • Gogocoly - Rock
  • Locolymoly - Rock/Fire
  • Skwovet - Ground
  • Greednut - Ground/Dark
  • Impidimp - Dark/Fairy
  • Garghoul - Dark/Fairy
  • Sirfetch'd - Fighting
  • Teaboo - Ghost
  • Polteageist - Ghost
  • Cramorant - Flying/Water
  • Barrelcuda - Water
  • Dragunshoota - Water/Dragon
  • Ponyta (Galarian) - Psychic
  • Rapidash (Galarian) - Psychic/Fairy
  • Gelatrous - Water/Fighting
  • Siphunk - Fire/Water
  • Trunkettle - Fire/Water
  • Mime-Meister - Psychic/Fairy
  • Lickitung (Galarian) - Poison
  • Lickilicky (Galarian) - Poison/Dragon
  • Whismur (Galarian) - Fire
  • Loudred (Galarian) - Fire
  • Exploud (Galarian) - Fire/Steel
  • Seakreep - Water/Dark
  • Monstrench - Water/Dark
  • Powyrm - Electric/Dragon
  • Lindwatt - Electric/Dragon
  • Amphithundyr - Electric/Dragon
  • Zacian - Steel (Standby)
  • Zamazenta - Steel (Standby)
  • Eternatus - Dark
  • Meteordyna - Rock/Dragon
I did skim through it, but I'm not sure it completely matches with the info we got from the reviews that claim that there's 6+ new Pokémon on the first routes that they can't talk about, so I highly doubt it. On another note, this was a response:
Corvipage - Flying/Normal
Stopped reading there.
I played the preview and that's not the real name. Try harder next time, retard.
So who knows.

Were interesting ideas in general, but I think my favorite up until now is the Wenge "leak" in terms of interesting and how much I'd like it to be true lol

I don't think that's it. There's also the fact that the game fell deep into the "been there, done that" side that it is just not memorable. If XY were released after GSC or RSE, then the reception might not have been that bad.
Well I was speaking about me personally lol. But I actually think Kalos did a lot to stand out imo. Megas, the scenery, Lumiose City, the huge Pokédex...etc. it’s just that I only experienced it one time and then moved onto ORAS.

I’ve never gotten the “XY was forgettable” thing (meme?) because I can clearly recall the majority of the gyms pretty easily. I don’t necessarily remember everyone’s names; but until my current play of Ultra Moon, I would be hard pressed to recall the names of the majority of the Alola gym leaders as well. I just need a lot of repetition when it comes to names in general.

I do think Gen VI was given a disadvantage; it was the first game to change the graphics as drastically as they did, introducing both a major battle gimmick (Megas) as well as the first generation to introduce a new type in over a decade.

Combine all that with a simultaneous international release, there’s no time for your core fanbase to absorb everything, especially when you don’t have a follow-up game to flesh things out like past gens.

You know, some leaks may seem a bit out there but I bet if red and blue were the new games, we wouldn't believe parts of some of those leaks either:

Just for fun, lol.
I mean, I thought the Affleck leak was fake until it was proven otherwise. Then again, I think every leak is fake until proven otherwise. Honestly I like looking at leaks not because they might be real, but because they amuse me with how bad they can be. It's also fun to go back and see how inaccurate they end up being. This news cycle, it's been the only thing keeping me entertained when there's no news.

XY got only 3 gym leaders i can remember..
korrina, olympia and clemont because the anime
i really like olympia design. and in the anime she was pretty cool

You know, if the "Ghost was added late in development" theory is true, then that might explain why is not Ghost from the start. Seriously, its lore screams "Ghost", but nope, it's still only Fire.
Might also be gen 1 weirdness/balancing issues, which also produced gems like golduck not being psychic.

Yeah, and this may just be me, but I feel like X and Y had more potential to build upon in a third version that never happened. It's a shame, really.

On another note, I heard we all love leaks that claim to know the whole Pokedex? Didn't screenshot, because with the long scrolling text thing, it's more comfortable for me to copypaste, and probably easier to read like this, too.

th Generation will have 133 New Pokemon and Forms in total: 29 Galarian Forms, 15 Galarian or Cross Gen Evolutions, 8 Legendaries and 81 other Pokemon
I know all the Galarian Froms, Evolutions and Cross Gen Evolutions, Whether you choose to believe this is up to you:

• Spearow (Ground/Flying)
  • Fearow (Ground/Flying) ---> Lv 20
  • Pilgrow (Ground/Flying) ---> Happiness
  • Paras (Bug)
  • Parasect (Bug/Ghost) ---> Lv 24
  • Paraspite (Bug/Ghost) ---> Lv 40 in Glimwood at Night
  • Meowstab (Steel) ---> Level up (Meowth) with Metal Coat equipped
  • Ponyta (Psychic)
  • Rapidash (Psychic/Flying) ----> Lv 40
  • Sirfetch'd (Fighting) ---> Lv 35 (Fatfetch'd) with 1 Fighting Type in your party
  • Dewgong (Water/Fairy) ---> Lv 34 (Seel)
  • Kingler (Water/Steel) ---> Lv 28 (Krabby)
  • Weezing (Poison/Fairy) ---> Happiness + Affection (Koffing)

• Furlong (Normal/Dragon) ---> Level "Furret" in Special Place
  • Ledyba (Bug/Psychic)
  • Ledian (Bug/Psychic) ---> Lv 18
  • Ledistar (Bug/Psychic) ---> Happiness
  • Sunflora (Grass/Fire) ---> Sun Stone (on Sunkern)
  • Sunmajora (Grass/Fire) ---> Trade
  • Girafarad (Dark/Psychic) ---> Lv 40 Girafarig at Night
  • Phanpy (Fairy)
  • Donphan (Fairy/Flying) ---> Shiny Stone

• Zigzagoon (Normal/Dark)
  • Linoone (Normal/Dark) ---> Lv20
  • Obstagoon (Normal/Dark) ---> Lv 35

• Shinx (Dark)
  • Luxio (Dark/Poison) --> Teach a Poison move to Shinx
  • Luxray (Dark/Poison) --> Lv 30
  • Vespikin (Bug/Fighting) ---> Dawn Stone on Male Combee
  • Pachirisu (Electric/Ground)
  • Pachirama (Electric/Ground) ---> Happniess at Day
  • Lopunny (Fighting/Dark) ---> Dusk Stone on Buneary
  • Chatot (Electric/Flying)
  • Chatatter (Electric/Flying) ---> Thunder Stone
  • Klink (Steel/Electric)
  • Klang (Steel/Electric)
  • Klinklang (Steel/Electric)
  • Mienryu (Fighting/Dragon) ---> Trade "Mienshao" with a Dragon Type
  • Pawniard (Steel/Fighting)
  • Bisharp (Steel/Fighting) ---> Lv 52
  • Larvesta (Bug/Ice)
  • Volcarona (Bug/Ice) ---> Lv 59
- Aromatizer (Fairy/Dark) ---> Dusk Stone on Aromatisse

- Shiinoshade (Ghost/Fairy) ---> Lv 40 in Glimwood at Night (Shiinotic)

YOU ARE WELCOME

Oh god, a Dumbo inspired Donphan... I never knew how much I NEEDED this!! Though I feel like that concept has enough creativity to be its own Pokemon.
Also, I'm finding it interesting that a lot of these leaks keep on name dropping the same Pokemon more and more, even when most of the time they're confirmed fake.

Very much doubt it. Not (only) because apparently they know the whole dex and all the numbers but only leak the Galarian forms & evolutions, but most of all because a lot of the evolution methods feel so highly specific, especially changing normal evolutions to highly specific ones for Galarian forms. (Like for Shinx, Phanpy, Weezing, Meowth)
The further down the list you go, the more unbeliavable it gets imo.

I mean, I can believe the idea that evolution methods for Regional Variants can be changed since it happened with Alolan forms.
  • A-Mowth evolved into A-Persian with high Friendship.
  • Both Cubone and A-Rattata evolve at specific levels but it needs to be at night.
  • And A-Sandshrew evolves via contact with an Ice Stone as opposed to via level up.
More specific evolutionary methods exist too, and I can see GameFreak reusing them (or similar ones) for variants at any time.

Now, after not having gyms for six years

...6 years. XY came out in 2013. I’m not counting ORAS or LGPE since their badge content was all known before even XY.

But ORAS and LGPE still had gyms even though we knew what their badge content was. So we haven't been without gyms for six years.

But ORAS and LGPE still had gyms even though we knew what their badge content was. So we haven't been without gyms for six years.
I thought the topic was the idea of gyms becoming stale because they kept using them for every new generation’s game so the sheer number of them made them forgettable, not how long it has been since the player stepped foot inside a gym no matter how old that gym was.

There was a six year gap between new gyms in Pokémon games.

I can remember most of the gym leaders pretty well, actually. (Not all by name, but I'm pretty sure I can go down the list-the Bug-type photographer, Grant, Korrina, Clemont, Ramses, the Fairy girl, Olympia, and Wulfric-okay I got Ramos wrong but that was close) What I can't remember as well is their gyms. I can remember a few iconic moments in them, like sliding back to the front in Wulfric's gym, swinging on vines at Ramses', the dollhouse, and the space theme of Olympia, but everything else feels kinda generic looking back on it, like there was just a bunch of battles leading to the gym leader. (I had to look up Clemont's gym, and it's just...identifying silhouettes? I mean, that's fun enough, especially if they intended for the pair to be in the anime at the time and made it a reference, but it doesn't exactly leave an impression) I felt like I remembered way more about other gyms, like the cannons and roller coasters in Unova, or....Okay, I guess Unova made the biggest impression on me because I had to look up the others to remember them.

Kalos was probably fighting an uphill battle because the standards that worked fine for past gym design didn't hold up as well when they were repeated. Kanto gyms weren't competing against anything, Hoenn gyms only had to stand out from one other gym, etc. But Kalos had to stand out against five other regions of gyms, with some of the types repeating as many as five times before. Plus, the Elite Four getting their own themed rooms adds to the challenge. It's no wonder it's hard to remember much about the Lumiose Gym if you've already been through Surge, Watson, Volkner, and two of Elesa's gyms.

Bringing this back to SwSh, I think that's going to be even harder for the gyms, since they're just stadiums. But I wonder if the challenges will make them stand out more?
I think the gyms will offer a lot more than the Kalos gyms did. Especially since it's structured in such a way it's literally just a sports league.

Like you'll still have puzzles leading up to the stadiums. Those were confirmed with Nessa's gym in the demo. But the fact that you're not just trying to get through from Point A to Point B is new. It seems like there's a third point you have to get to the actually fight the leader this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom