• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I— people really expect us to believe that a game which is cutting hundreds of Pokémon already due to time constraints etc. is going to include 142 new ones??? And that’s before the new Gigantamax forms? Get real...
Well they did say the game will be chock full of content to make up for the lack of every pokemon.

Question, if these turned out to be the real designs, what are your thoughts on em?
kv8yT5r.png
I think Grookey and Scorbunny's look fine, but I genuienly hope that is not Intelleon. I just don't like the tongue hat and sleeve/cuff links thing.

I think Grookey and Scorbunny's look fine, but I genuienly hope that is not Intelleon. I just don't like the tongue hat and sleeve/cuff links thing.
I don't think the tongue is it's hat, i think it's hat is a chameleon's head crest shaped like hat and it's using it's tongue to tip it.

Of course they said that lol what else would they say? That kind of marketing language could be used with literally any Pokémon game.
Well it's not like they lie to us after all these years, so we'll just have to see what they have to offer. We already got Raid Battles, and explorable open world section, and that's not even touching on postgame yet. So again, we'll just have to see.

Well they did say the game will be chock full of content to make up for the lack of every pokemon.
I don't think more new pokemon really counts there. Especially when you get into a situation like with Gen 5 where most of the pokedex was hideous because the goal was just to make enough to fill a region with only new pokemon. It just winds up being more and more pokemon that ultimately pushed out a slot that could have gone to someone's favorite who didn't make the game. I'm sure that we'll get some new pokemon this gen that a majority of people are going to look at like "We got this instead of 'x' old favorite?" and that blow is gonna hurt less if we get fewer pokemon to potentially be that hated.

And yeah... Gigantamax pretty much guarantees that we won't get 142 new pokemon. 150~ new designs is really the high end, and form mechanics definitely contribute to that total. That would mean only around 8 Gigantamax forms and we've already seen three of them- I'm sure there will be plenty more than that.

Well it's not like they lie to us after all these years, so we'll just have to see what they have to offer. We already got Raid Battles, and explorable open world section, and that's not even touching on postgame yet. So again, we'll just have to see.
Ok but...none of those things are new Pokémon so I don’t see how this is a rebuttal to my original skepticism of the leak.

I don't think more new pokemon really counts there. Especially when you get into a situation like with Gen 5 where most of the pokedex was hideous because the goal was just to make enough to fill a region with only new pokemon. It just winds up being more and more pokemon that ultimately pushed out a slot that could have gone to someone's favorite who didn't make the game. I'm sure that we'll get some new pokemon this gen that a majority of people are going to look at like "We got this instead of 'x' old favorite?" and that blow is gonna hurt less if we get fewer pokemon to potentially be that hated.

And yeah... Gigantamax pretty much guarantees that we won't get 142 new pokemon. 150~ new designs is really the high end, and form mechanics definitely contribute to that total. That would mean only around 8 Gigantamax forms and we've already seen three of them- I'm sure there will be plenty more than that.
I thought those Generation V designs were some of the best; Black/White having a regional dex with only new Pokémon isn't the reason the designs are iffy, your subjectivity is. Hideous because of a new regional dex? I strongly disagree.

uh guys. If the drawings are indeed the starters, they would look much better than that. These are rough, hastily drawn sketches by someone not very experienced with drawing. The actual pokemon would look much more defined and neater.

That is a very valid point. My comment was lightly satirical. That said, I do look forward to seeing if we can get a glimpse at 2nd or 3rd stage starter evos from CoroCoro or elsewhere soon.

I agree with Ambrose, but I for one hope that Sobble's final evolution doesn't look like that.

Greninja already has a stupid design. I really didn't like the presentation of wrapping its friggen tongue around its neck like a scarf (not to mention it'd be a huge choking hazard if someone or something were to catch the loose end). I don't want another Water-type starter that uses its tongue to...hold its hat? The tongues are just very off-putting for me because of how badly presented they are.

I don't mind the idea though of Sobble evolving into a spy. Though I find the idea to be a little out there. There's really nothing with Sobble's design that implies it'll be a spy.

Question, if these turned out to be the real designs, what are your thoughts on em?
kv8yT5r.png
If these are real, I could conceivably be persuaded to join the Grookey Gang. The drum chest and hi-hat trees? mushrooms? are really weird though. I'm neutral on the Scorbunny evo, but I'm going to echo that the drawing looks a lot Bass (from the "Megaman" franchise) crossed with a Gogoat. I started out heavily favoring Sobble, but this looks like a Chameleos with cufflinks. No sirs, maams, and everyone else, I do not like that. If this is real, my favored perception of Sobble is ruined.

I don't like them. They don't feel like proper Pokémon imo.
I agree. Although - to be fair - I also felt that way about the gen 4 starter evolutions for a hot minute, but they grew on me. Assuming the incredibly slim chance they're real, these could as well, eventually.

kv8yT5r.png
Groookey: Way too overdesigned, no thanks
Scorbunny: Meh
Sobble: Would need a more-detailed picture to fully gather an opinion

Side-note, while we're moving leaks to Unconfirmed status, I vote to move the Starter Theft and Pastebin leaks there. While Starter Theft did get the gym leader list wrong, it did call Rose introducing Dynamax to the Galar League and the E4 being replaced by the tournament, the former detail being why I think it should still be in the running (it's a rather specific guess). Also, the only thing Pastebin really has against it is that it flubbed on what Pokemon species were cut and (albeit more seriously) Team Yell being Leon's fans, but the former could easily fluctuate in development and the latter could be explained as one the Dynamax leak's many hasty errors and them saying Marnie instead of Leon, and this isn't mentioning the potential teapot Pokemon that was in the July 8th trailer.

Last edited:
Good luck to Grookey and Scorbunny fans. Hopefully their final evolutions end up to your taste.

But it seems like Sobble fans don't need luck. :p

So apparently there's this thing going around about the TPC hosting a secret club for those who pre order SwSh. This club gets new trailers and info every month, possibly before officially scheduled. So there might be potential leakers out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom