• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to believe that Clefairy/Gengar thing is a hint for Morpeko.

Why does Meowth need ANOTHER regional form? Regional forms are easily turning into the stupidest things that Game Freak has ever done.
I'm just concerned that they are trying to make Sword and Shield into a Sun and Moon 2.0, as if Gen 7 was their golden goose. They've pushed themselves too hard and biting off more than they can chew that they might as well call it a day before it damages them even further.

I think regional forms are a brilliant idea and I'm thrilled it is being continued. It brings new life to older mons, saves dex space to not oversaturate and it is quite logical for a franchise based on evolution and real world building. I hope it is mainstay from now on.

I think regional forms are a brilliant idea and I'm thrilled it is being continued. It brings new life to older mons, saves dex space to not oversaturate and it is quite logical for a franchise based on evolution and real world building. I hope it is mainstay from now on.
Gen 7: Gen 1 Alolan Forms and evolutions
Gen 8: All Gen Galarian Forms and evolutions + Continual New Evolutions

Most people, myself included, love regional variants and the idea of them. Gamefreak obviously saw this love and decided to continue with them. Most people are thrilled. Meowth getting another regional variant, while obvious favoritism, does fall neatly in line with the real-life divergent evolution that regional variants are based on.

Plus, unlike megas, it means that when a Pokémon gets a regional variant, it doesn't mean it won't ever get anything else in the future. I like that.

Most people, myself included, love regional variants and the idea of them. Gamefreak obviously saw this love and decided to continue with them. Most people are thrilled. Meowth getting another regional variant, while obvious favoritism, does fall neatly in line with the real-life divergent evolution that regional variants are based on.

Plus, unlike megas, it means that when a Pokémon gets a regional variant, it doesn't mean it won't ever get anything else in the future. I like that.
Agreed, though it looks like some Pokémon with Megas like Charizard and Gengar might also be getting Gigantamax Forms (though it’s all speculative at this point).

Agreed, though it looks like some Pokémon with Megas like Charizard and Gengar might also be getting Gigantamax Forms (though it’s all speculative at this point).
True. I guess the "they got a mega so they won't get anything else" line of thinking that I've had has gone out the window this gen. Them keeping megas out of this game opens up all the Pokémon who have them to the possibility of getting something else, with no compatibility issues.

True. I guess the "they got a mega so they won't get anything else" line of thinking that I've had has gone out the window this gen. Them keeping megas out of this game opens up all the Pokémon who have them to the possibility of getting something else, with no compatibility issues.
It’s looking like that will be the case but I guess we’ll see. I doubt they can resist giving Charizard yet another form lol

I originally thought that they would just avoid giving Variants to a Pokémon with a Mega bc then they would have to design a Variant for the Mega itself too (or just make the Variant unable to Mega Evolve which would have been dumb). But now it looks like Meowth might be getting both a Variant and a G-Max so that theory is out the window too.

It’s looking like that will be the case but I guess we’ll see. I doubt they can resist giving Charizard yet another form lol

I originally thought that they would just avoid giving Variants to a Pokémon with a Mega bc then they would have to design a Variant for the Mega itself too (or just make the Variant unable to Mega Evolve which would have been dumb). But now it looks like Meowth might be getting both a Variant and a G-Max so that theory is out the window too.
However, Meowth's G-Max form might be exclusive to the variant.

Masuda just tweeted. I don't know how to integrate tweets, so go check by yourself or someone post it (and tell me how to do).

Anyway. Regional bird tomorrow ?

Edit : Found it.

Why does Meowth need ANOTHER regional form? Regional forms are easily turning into the stupidest things that Game Freak has ever done.
Regional variants are one of the best things Game Freak has ever done.

Do think that Skitty should have gotten a variant instead, though.
I'm just concerned that they are trying to make Sword and Shield into a Sun and Moon 2.0, as if Gen 7 was their golden goose. They've pushed themselves too hard and biting off more than they can chew that they might as well call it a day before it damages them even further.
What are you even talking about? Aside from making it apparent that regional variants are becoming a mainstay (which is a good thing) these games have nothing in common with Sun and Moon.

And gawd, are you saying that the franchise should end again? They're doing fine, there's no reason for them to end it.

Regional forms are easily turning into the stupidest things that Game Freak has ever done.
Not a big fan of regionals, but I find Dynamax/Gigantamax concepts even worse than regionals.

And you know, people defending regionals, would say we already had regionals for some time, just not called regionals, but specifically alternate forms.

The 1st pokemon to have alternate forms is Deoxys, so we had stuff like that since Gen 3.

Deoxys forms are all the same element? Then Shaymin had 2 forms in Gen 4 as different elements.

And what would you consider pokemon like Oricorio, they're essentially forms that you can go back and forth. Same with Rotom forms.

Right, and that's even more clearly out the window with Obstagoon. Hoennian Linoone doesn't evolve, Galarian Linoone does. That can be applied to anything... Kalosian ____ mega evolves, but this certain regional variant does not.

Right, and that's even more clearly out the window with Obstagoon. Hoennian Linoone doesn't evolve, Galarian Linoone does. That can be applied to anything... Kalosian ____ mega evolves, but this certain regional variant does not.
Yeah, it's not too far off from Glalie being able to mega evolve but Froslass not being able to, either. Or Alolan Raichu getting a z-move but regular Raichu not getting one. Some members of a family just don't get nice things. =(

Not a big fan of regionals, but I find Dynamax/Gigantamax concepts even worse than regionals.

And you know, people defending regionals, would say we already had regionals for some time, just not called regionals, but specifically alternate forms.

The 1st pokemon to have alternate forms is Deoxys, so we had stuff like that since Gen 3.

Deoxys forms are all the same element? Then Shaymin had 2 forms in Gen 4 as different elements.

And what would you consider pokemon like Oricorio, they're essentially forms that you can go back and forth. Same with Rotom forms.

Personally, I really like regional variants since it can make certain Pokémon more popular/cooler. I also really like Dyna/Gigantamaxing since they’re basically kaiju battles, which I think is awesome. Anyways, I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone say alternate forms and regionals were the same (which they aren’t), so oof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom