• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I wonder what do you think the odds are that Bede is going to be the main villain. Leon being a fraud or the villain just seems to obvious, plus don't forget Leon is the one who sponsors the player, that honestly makes him more similar to the professor then any villain. If I had to guess I think Leon is going to be in the same situation as Adler, he is going to be defeated by the main villain. Although I'm curious as to what Eternatus' role in all of this is, Eternatus is called the Evil Legendary, not the third legendary, which is really weird when you think about it.

Yeah but if plot twists really aren't their thing, then Bede screams main villian more than any character we have seen. He's arrogant, smug, and his bio says he has his own agenda. Plus combine that with the fact that they have gone on record of saying they don't really like writing jerk rivals and he clearly has something else going on, the question is what does he have going on.

So looks like the Pokemon Twitter is just rehashing dex info we already know. So we probably won't see or hear anything new. Today they did Duraludon but it's the same info we already knew. :(

WTF is Eternatus anyways? It's name is composed of "eternity" and the Latin root word for birth. What is it, a dark fetus that is permanently stuck in the birthing stage? Cause that's what its name means. Given how thematic GF can be with their pokemon names, I find it hard to believe they'd name something that without it being some atropal-like abomination. Also, one of the most recurring plot threads in Pokemon is that they're sentient superpowered animals who cannot be pure evil by nature.

While there is no doubt that dynamaxing is an innately dark power, I find it hard to believe that the Pokemon Responsible for it to be wholly evil as a point of biology. I think it's testing us, trying to see if we can wield the darkness within ourselves without being controlled by it or destroying ourselves to oppose it.

WTF is Eternatus anyways? It's name is composed of "eternity" and the Latin root word for birth. What is it, a dark fetus that is permanently stuck in the birthing stage? Cause that's what its name means.
It's one possible meaning, but it's not guaranteed. The words you can get from Pokemon names aren't necessarily their intended meaning-Heatran is technically a combination of "heat" and "ran", but it's not exactly a runner. Eternatus could be a combination of eternal and hiatus, and it could be intended to put the world on pause. It could be eternal status, keeping the world in the status quo, or eternal status, an immortal cloud.

WTF is Eternatus anyways? It's name is composed of "eternity" and the Latin root word for birth. What is it, a dark fetus that is permanently stuck in the birthing stage? Cause that's what its name means. Given how thematic GF can be with their pokemon names, I find it hard to believe they'd name something that without it being some atropal-like abomination. Also, one of the most recurring plot threads in Pokemon is that they're sentient superpowered animals who cannot be pure evil by nature.

While there is no doubt that dynamaxing is an innately dark power, I find it hard to believe that the Pokemon Responsible for it to be wholly evil as a point of biology. I think it's testing us, trying to see if we can wield the darkness within ourselves without being controlled by it or destroying ourselves to oppose it.
...I’m not sure I understand this take at all. I don’t know where you got that Dynamax is “dark” or “evil” but other than some spooky clouds there is literally nothing that suggests that.

I also really have no idea how the name “Eternatus” implies an...evil fetus? Seems like a pretty big reach to me.

...I’m not sure I understand this take at all. I don’t know where you got that Dynamax is “dark” or “evil” but other than some spooky clouds there is literally nothing that suggests that.

I also really have no idea how the name “Eternatus” implies an...evil fetus? Seems like a pretty big reach to me.

It isn't that Eternatus name implies it is going to be evil, it is the fact that the one leak that has been getting a lot of stuff correct calls it the "Evil" legendary which is really wierd. As to why Dynamax seems dark and evil, well the dark red clouds give off an evil feeling. Usually when ever you want a color to describe something as evil you make it red and black, and while the black is more of a purple it still fits the general idea.

It isn't that Eternatus name implies it is going to be evil, it is the fact that the one leak that has been getting a lot of stuff correct calls it the "Evil" legendary which is really wierd. As to why Dynamax seems dark and evil, well the dark red clouds give off an evil feeling. Usually when ever you want a color to describe something as evil you make it red and black, and while the black is more of a purple it still fits the general idea.
Based on the leak, sure, but the name alone implies nothing of the sort. And neither one suggests anything about a “fetus”.

The color scheme and presentation of Dynamax imply an “epic” feel to me; not evil. Nothing about the lore or gameplay we’ve seen surrounding it thus far has suggested anything malicious about it in the slightest.

I think you're taking "birth" too literally, if that even is the intended etymology. Birth can just symbolize a beginning, too. An endless beginning.

...but I guess that -atus could also come from "stratus," and so we might have a cloud connection there.

That said, still strongly believe that Meteordyna is the one responsible for Dynamax. Dyna is literally in its name and "meteor-" refers to the atmosphere, so again we have our clouds. Its name more pointedly refers to the Dynamax phenomenon so whatever Eternatus's deal is, it's gotta be something else. That or Meteordyna inadvertently created it and it's a pissy baby, heck knows.

Usually when ever you want a color to describe something as evil you make it red and black, and while the black is more of a purple it still fits the general idea.
Pokemon doesn't strictly follow this rule, though-of all the villainous team we've had, only Magma and Rocket used black and red color schemes. And it'd be pretty weird to make the cool new mechanic (and replacement for Megas and Z-Moves) some evil task.

How many times do we have to see Leakers hopping on the backs of other leakers, whether they are true or not? I keep seeing the same stories of Marnie the daughter of a queen, or Leon being the bad guy and something similar, like the two Professor thing that has now since been debunked with that latest trailer video.

In Legend of Korra, there is a scene where Kuvira was going to stay in the quarters where the next heir to the Earth Kingdom was suppose to stay in, instead be transfered into a lower class compartment. When he complained, Kuvira had this to say whilst growing military music came into play...

''Something you should know about me. I always get what I want!''

That's exactly how I see Game Freak saying to the Pokemon Fans, or any other company with a smirk like that to their customers and people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom